July 23, 2011 - TCF Stadium - Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm curious now, how did TCF work as a concert venue? It's a very nice stadium, and I'm wondering how often there will be concerts in the future.

The sound was amazing from where I was (which was front rail) but that has as much to do with the fact that the band brought $57604503 million in audio equipment. :sexywink: It would be interesting to see someone else there with maybe not such an awesome soundsystem and see if it's as good. It's so open on the one end, that I think a lesser band could get really lost in that place...

Amazing pics! Brought back so many memories...thanks for posting these!

You're welcome! :)

And about the sound, I was down in GA, sometimes close to front or rail for most of the shows I saw, but I wanted to see one show from the rafters just once, and I can honestly say at this stadium, I found almost no difference AT ALL in the sound compared to times I've been up close. It sounded perfect. Not sure how much of that is credited to U2's sound system (a LOT I'm sure!) and how much is the stadium itself.

okay - so let's see if I can finally get these to work :sexywink:

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

...more to come...the ones my daughter took are way better :)

the south florida / notre dame game was suspended twice due to weather
the western michigan / michigan game was cut short due to weather

weenies

weenies

:giggle:

My husband was watching the Michigan game, and he said "it looks like your Minneapolis show!"
I was so afraid they were going to call the concert when the lightning was getting closer!

weenies

LOL!

damn straight - can you play in the torrential downpour? it's what separates the men from the boys.

And we all know which category the band falls into, don't we? :sexywink:

Yeah - Lily wants to be a photographer when she grows up. And as her mother, I think she's one good camera away from that dream - the kid's got a great eye. :)

Same here :cute: Well except mine is a grown up and already works part time as a photographer, but it's the music photography she really wants to do. She didn't go to Minneapolis, but here are a few of hers from Moncton. I hope she pursues it, so I can keep getting great U2 pics. :lol: Good luck to your daughter!

click thumbnails

Thanks! I actually took that with my iPhone :)

Yay, iPhone!

It's great!

Bonocomet -

WOW. Those are freaking amazing!! They make me wish I'd made the trek to the muddy field of Montcon! :)

Same thing with Lily she loves the rock stuff, but also wants to do nature photography for National Geographic or something wonderful like that. :)

Bonocomet -

WOW. Those are freaking amazing!! They make me wish I'd made the trek to the muddy field of Montcon! :)

Same thing with Lily she loves the rock stuff, but also wants to do nature photography for National Geographic or something wonderful like that. :)

National Geographic would be amazing. Your daughter did great with her Minneapolis pics! :up: Especially if she didn't have an expensive camera. My daughter snuck a more expensive one in so she had an advantage, but it's great when they can make do with what they have and get great pics! I wish her all the best at doing what she loves! :)

MsMcLoad said:
LOL!

damn straight - can you play in the torrential downpour? it's what separates the men from the boys.

And we all know which category the band falls into, don't we? :sexywink:

They cut short the Marshall/West Virginia game today due to weather

But lightening also hit the upper deck of the stadium, so I'll cut them a little slack

National Geographic would be amazing. Your daughter did great with her Minneapolis pics! :up: Especially if she didn't have an expensive camera. My daughter snuck a more expensive one in so she had an advantage, but it's great when they can make do with what they have and get great pics! I wish her all the best at doing what she loves! :)

Yeah - just a little Nikon coolpix. No major zoom or anything. I know I'm her mom and it's my duty to support what my child does with her life, but I am honestly and truly impressed - she's always had a good eye for that sort of thing.

Would love to see your daughter's other stuff sometime, too...sounds like she has an amazing talent! :)

Yeah - just a little Nikon coolpix. No major zoom or anything. I know I'm her mom and it's my duty to support what my child does with her life, but I am honestly and truly impressed - she's always had a good eye for that sort of thing.

Would love to see your daughter's other stuff sometime, too...sounds like she has an amazing talent! :)

Aww well that's great that she has you to support her along the way to doing something she loves. :cute: I wish her the best!

My daughter is in the process of trying to make a website for her photography. Right now here are some of her photos. :)

Some of her dance photos can be found on her Tumblr blog here:City Ballet of San Diego

Anaheim U2
U2 - Anaheim - June 18/19 2011 | Facebook

And her U2 Moncton photos in here:
Canada/Maine/NC/U2 Concert stuff | Facebook

Back
Top Bottom