July 23, 2011 - TCF Stadium - Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, he's still in the stadium flashing a peace sign while I'm trying to get my camera to focus.
:lol:

Oh man, what a night to remember. The thunderstorm, lightning, and rain definitely made this show unforgettable. At first I thought the lightning was part of the Claw lighting (like in UTEOTW) but as soon as I heard the first thunder I knew it was the real deal! :uhoh: I am SO glad they didn't stop the show, because that would have ruined the momentum and dampened (ha! pun!) the crowd enthusiasm. I could feel the energy building up about 2 songs into the downpour and people just really didn't care about the rain, and started having more fun singing in the rain. The mood was just electric, and if they had to stop and suspend the concert, there was no way we could have gotten to that level again.

Everything just exploded, and even the band members just let loose and made the best out of the situation like we did. And yes we fed of each other's energy and elevated the show to another level.

Bono introduced the band using a self-deprecating joke about what happened to him at the last show. Some people who were at the NJ show had said Bono looked faint, and was not doing too well in the heat. Well, in Minneapolis, Bono said at the last show he heard some thunder, and felt like a truck had hit him. But it wasn’t a truck after all, it was Larry Mullen!! :D

The rain started coming down towards the end of Mysterious Ways. Bono said “it’s allright… it’s allright….” And then UTEOTW started, the rain started coming down harder (appropriately!) and Edge got on the bridge and the guitar stopped working. :lol: So he had to double back and Dallas fixed him up. Bono asked, “everything allright?” and Edge gave a thumbs up. But he couldn’t go back on the bridge for the finale scene, so Bono was stuck on the bridge by himself, having no one to give the rose to and he said, “Gotta think on my feet” and started laying down facing us in the outer rail. His bridge stopped right in front of my area, and I tried to snap a picture but it turned out blurry. :(

He called Mark Kelly the wrong name, Mark Phillips. That made me laugh.

"Did you come here to play *Lightning Flash/Thunder Boom* JEEEEEEsus! "

:lol:

Great show. The rain made if more fun. Great seeing everyone too :)

My wallet is still wet from the rain today :reject:
Great catch on that lightning flash timing! I missed that! I probably missed so many moments because I could barely see through my wet glasses. I cannot see a damn thing without them so I had to look for a semi-dry part of my shirt underneath my poncho to keep wiping my glasses. :lol:

It was great seeing you again! Thank goodness I remembered Mark's warning about bringing Ziploc bags. I emptied out my Ziploc bag for my toiletries and used it for my camera and phone. My money belt got damp, but not too bad.

We found a pretty nice one like 15 miles away, which is what I'm sure the two guys at the gas station were referring to.

My wallet is still wet from the rain today :reject:

I took everything out of mine after I got back home (I live 15 or so minutes from the stadium). Then the next day, I went to buy groceries with my wallet, and realized that I didn't bring my credit cards with me! I brought the cash I had, but it wasn't enough at the time. :doh:

And at vjacqb's request, I'm moving my links to the videos I took from the other thread in the Tour Dates & Gatherings section to here.

The Fly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JEIS1Bx0rY

UTEOTW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR45u2CChrc

Pride (HD, but a quality's a bit flakey for this one and the ones below):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWbb6T6Lskw

Part of I Will Follow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6Rdzmn7SpQ

The first minute of SIAMYCGOO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep3ePLLg0rA

Last half of One:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d06_SnsjLRg

The ending of Walk On:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUOufyIJ9-g

Alma.jpg

"Gorilla is taking attention away from my sign. Gorilla must die."

So let it rain...

First show I've seen in the rain, which is what I think really made this night special and more personal. I say this because the setlist otherwise seemed pretty standard and "safe." In addition, since we were in GA outside of the outer circle, I think we saw Edge and Adam much less due to equipment concerns with the rain.

The boys really tore it up with the Achtung set and the Zooropa-era tracks. I was really hoping for them to mix the setlist up a bit due to the rain, and I thought Bono was hinting at it when he mentioned this was supposed to be the finale and he wanted to kick off the tour end party here. With all the extra "rain" themed snippets it would've been nice to include one of their own tracks with prominent "rain" lyrics like "In God's Country" or "MLK" to close the show. Of course, it would've been great to end with Bad/OOC/40 as rumored.

I was left a little wanting at the end, a little sad when I saw the guys taking their bow up front and not closing on a bigger note than MOS trailing off into Singin' in the Rain by the audience. We didn't even have a chance to launch into "How Long..." before the house lights and exit music came on.

Security probably was just tired of being wet. :wink:

Bono's band introductions were great. The Edge as a bunch of angels: "Some were wearing beanies!" :lol:

"And then I heard the voice of God!" Ha ha ha haaaaa.

Edit: YAY! I made the fan cam! My mom's missing, but the other three of us are there, having an in depth conversation and eating popcorn. :lol:

Yeah, they were pretty good up until that point. That did piss me off though!

They let a few people from the VIP area in front of the soundbooth stand up on the security steps on the back of the rail for too long.
I loved having a wet asshole clapping against my wet, hooded head.

(DO NOT take that line out of context!!! :lol: )

They let a few people from the VIP area in front of the soundbooth stand up on the security steps on the back of the rail for too long.

I'm taking it completely literally.

:wink:

I made the fan cam, inner circle back ring! Anyone who finds me, add me on Facebook! :) I'm the other Dan

So many awesome awesome moments... to finally hear/see the Fly live... that was amazing, I remember staring at Edge's guitar watching him rip it up...

At the end of "I Still Haven't Found" my buddy and I started freaking out when Bono went to talk to Edge for a second... We were wondering what we were gonna hear :lol:

I believe it was before Beautiful Day my buddy says to me "How awesome would it be if it just started downpouring?" and well, 5 minutes later... IT HAPPENED, I called him the rain man!

The setlist was amazing, definitely better than the Salt Lake show, I'd almost say it was better than Denver, but Denver had a really good setlist too -- just wish we'd have got Ultraviolet, Out of Control/Bad.

Was very hard to work today, could not get my mind off how much I loved this show!!
And no one I work with likes U2 :|

Anyway, I am reposting my videos here:

‪kitkat234's Channel‬‏ - YouTube too many to post each one.

Unfortunately, none of my pics worked because my camera was trying to focus on the rain instead, my camera got wet and stopped working but sd card worked with the videos and DH dried out the camera and it worked

Now I need brain bleach!:crack:

I love the Gorilla! Way to go!:lol: With a snow cone no less. I don't think that has been mentioned here, but the snow cones were a brilliant idea!:up:

Not much to add in regards to the show - I thought it was incredible and then rain made it more festive, more party-like. I'm glad basically everyone stuck around to the very end.

I was fortunate to get front-and-center in the pit (I'm actually on the bottom left corner of U2.com's front page right now!), and got some great pics:

IMG_9744.jpg

IMG_9749.jpg

IMG_9753.jpg

IMG_9761.jpg

IMG_9769.jpg

IMG_9766.jpg

IMG_9779.jpg

IMG_9780.jpg

kramwest1 said:

why wasn't that your Facebook status update at some point after the show???

Back
Top Bottom