July 2, 2011 - Vanderbilt Stadium - Nashville, TN - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Fan Experiences, Reviews, & Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
I Serve Larry's Stick

Local Time: 07:56 AM
July 2, 2011 - Vanderbilt Stadium - Nashville, TN

Well...this was a pretty good start:

Oh, Rocco. He made me laugh and this it the face I ended up with. I can live with it.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:35 PM   #2
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:56 PM
Lol he kinda looks like a garbage collector on a brisk sunday morning with that shirt

Old 07-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:56 AM
great pic! love Rocco.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:03 AM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarityat3am View Post
Well...this was a pretty good start:

Oh, Rocco. He made me laugh and this it the face I ended up with. I can live with it.
went to MI show. We live here in Nashville. I feel for you it must have been crazy hot standing out there!
Old 07-03-2011, 12:06 AM   #5
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:56 AM
it was warm and humid. it wasn't hot!

i'll say that until the day i die. and it's 55 degrees f at home right now!
Old 07-03-2011, 01:01 AM   #6
Anu
Editor

Location: There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee
Local Time: 12:56 PM
Extraordinary show thanks to Wanderer Cash Tribute & spontaneous extra song of All I Want Is You with fan guest. I started to talk about it all over in the setlist party thread.

Now it's time for sleep but I hope to post more tomorrow.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:32 AM   #7
I Serve Larry's Stick

Most cathartic show I've ever been to of theirs. Between the amazing stage, the set list and the man whom Bono gifted his Gretsch tonight, I don't know how any other show will ever top it.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:49 AM   #8
has a

Local Time: 06:56 AM
I didn't realize it was 30 years since the last Nashville gig! Crazy!
Sounds like you all were treated to a great show. I will be looking for this boot, no doubt.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:00 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:56 PM
U2 makes triumphant return to Nashville with larger-than-life show | Tune In Music City | The Tennessean

Old 07-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
I am too tired to write a detailed review. They ended my 360 tour with a bang. Amazing show and weekend with some of the best friends I have and I wouldn't have had it any other way (actually I would have. I would have loved for Lisa to have stayed for the entire show). I thought it was fine (temp was) until 2pm and then it was f'ing roasting then humid all night. Lots and lots of sweat. Saw several people pass out and be hauled off by the paramedics.

This show topped all the shows I went to on this tour.

Thank you, U2.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:10 PM   #11
Babyface

We had an amazing time in Nashville Thanks to those running the GA line.Your efforts were very appreciated and allowed us to get on the rail.
I'm not sue how to post photos on here, but here's the album on flickr.
U2 Nashville - a set on Flickr
Old 07-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #12
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Oh no, what happened to Lisa?

I was actually fine until the sun went down and then what little breeze we had just died and the air was stagnant and the humidity went way up. Tampa was hotter, but Nashville came close towards the end.

A few thoughts on the show:

-MVP #1: Jim. Whoever you are, thanks for AIWIY and I hope you enjoy Bono's guitar. He also had the best line of the night when you could hear him say to Bono something like, "Gimmie a minute, I'm a little nervous, man."

-MVP #2: Tatoo Dan. Awesome, awesome IWF. Most exciting song of the night for me. You were great Dan!

-The Wanderer! (and interference explodes!)

-Surprise AIWIY (and interference explodes again)

-MVP #3: Bono's personal fog guy during HMTMKMKM

-Great seats, great crowd in section S (had a great time with Martha/joyful girl). Loved being in a small stadium.

- The couple the next row down in section T looked bored. The older gentleman stood with arms crossed for most of show looking down or to the side. They left early. Not sure what was going on with them.

-Random, maybe intoxicated older guy wandering around in our section trying to find his seat again during ISHFWILF. Here's a hint dude, maybe you could find your seat better if you started looking at the end of the row instead of trying to climb the bleachers in the middle of all the people. And the two beers in your hand probably didn't help you when it looks like you've already had a few. The guy stumbled up the section, stood in front of me next to grumpy section T guy for a while until the crowd tried to get him to move on. The he goes up and stands next to joyful girl for a while until people again encourage him to get moving back. Missed half of ISHFWILF due to him . Well, of all the songs it had to happen during, at least it was that.

-MVP #4: Frogg togg chilly towel Worked as advertised, until about halfway through U2's set. But that was a long time. I also could have used another bottle of water as I ran out about the same time as the the towel dried up . I should have gone to get another bottle, but I didn't want to miss any of U2 - but that last half of the show I was kind of hurting.

-Can't believe I got a voicemail from work about 20 minutes before Florence went onstage . Kept my phone off after that.

-This was the first show I really felt moments of connection with the band. Like I said before, I had a great seat and it really helped to be able to see their faces when they were on the outer rim. Loved hearing Zooropa and the visuals were great!

Looking forward to Minneapolis
Old 07-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
yes, Tattoo Dan, your IWF with Bono was f'ing awesome! Loved it!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #14
Anu
Editor

Location: There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee
Local Time: 12:56 PM
Had every intention to write a review today. Now it will wait tomorrow. Still feeling the warm buzz of the show in my heart, mind, spirit, & bones.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #15
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:56 AM
Are you sure that's not the lingering symptoms of heat stroke?