July 2, 2009 - Camp Nou Barcelona - SPAIN II - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Fan Experiences, Reviews, & Tour Photos
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-02-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,343
Local Time: 06:17 AM
July 2, 2009 - Camp Nou Barcelona - SPAIN II

For anyone that was at this show, please post your reviews, experiences, photos, etc.
__________________

__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 07-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #2
The Fly
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 87
Local Time: 07:17 AM
Yes!!! Much much better!

The differences:

- snippet of "Here Comes the Sun" (can't recall which song of was added to but it was really neat!
- Desire with snippets of Billie Jean and Dont Stop Till You Get Enough. Unexpected, and sounded great
- PARTY GIRL!!!!!!! Brought a girl on stage, B drank champagne with her, and SHE carried HIM around
- ELECTRICAL STORM!!!! First time ever performed live. Was cool to hear in spite of part of the chorus lead-in being off key every time. Could be great and an every night song once polished
- they played Crazy twice. Once electro an once album version. Interesting to hear the contrast
- no ISS call
- no Aunt San Suu Kyi masks in the crowd, only on stage

All in all, a more polished, more energetic performance. The band interacted more with each other and seemed really into the show and the crowd.

Other notes.
- "GA" tickets not only gave us access to the floor but to the first 10 rows of the lower bowl. We sat in seats far superior to our far more expensive assigned seats the first night
- MOS is not a good closer. I can't see that changing - it lacks... Something.

Anyway, I loved it tonight whereas first night, I only LIKED it. I go to bed satisfied and will be going home to Canada satisfied!

Also... FIRST!!!
__________________

Skoobz is offline  
Old 07-02-2009, 06:37 PM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life
 
dan_smee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 13,104
Local Time: 11:17 PM
^ niiiiiiice

was Adam still wearing that abortion of a jacket/vest/jumpsuit?
dan_smee is offline  
Old 07-02-2009, 07:35 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 08:17 AM
dan smee, spot on with the description of adam's costume

Tonight may have been the best show i've ever been to. I went nuts last night when Bono said "We haven't played this song in 20 years" but tonight I almost had a stroke when he said "This is a song we've never played, except when we recorded it." Before the tour I had a list of 6 songs that I would never have expected them to play, out of my top 10 favorite songs, and I heard 2 of them. All I can say is holy motherfuckingshitonastickoverthemoonwow. ELECTRICALFUCKINGSTORM.

Other notes - Acoustics were much better tonight, or much better when you're not so close to the stage that sound gets eaten by the oval screen overhead. Desire was great, as was Party Girl. There was also a girl on stage during UltraViolet but security removed her, then Bono literally swung around on the microphone which was very fun. The two Crazies were amazing: I LOVE the batshit new one and the original version was great to hear as well. Sunday Bloody Sunday is an ASSKICKER on this tour; I've never heard it like this before.

All in all amazing night and I'm psyched for Milan!
Varitek is offline  
Old 07-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
Babyface
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 25
Local Time: 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoobz View Post
Yes!!! Much much better!

The differences:

- snippet of "Here Comes the Sun" (can't recall which song of was added to but it was really neat!
- Desire with snippets of Billie Jean and Dont Stop Till You Get Enough. Unexpected, and sounded great
- PARTY GIRL!!!!!!! Brought a girl on stage, B drank champagne with her, and SHE carried HIM around
- ELECTRICAL STORM!!!! First time ever performed live. Was cool to hear in spite of part of the chorus lead-in being off key every time. Could be great and an every night song once polished
- they played Crazy twice. Once electro an once album version. Interesting to hear the contrast
- no ISS call
- no Aunt San Suu Kyi masks in the crowd, only on stage

All in all, a more polished, more energetic performance. The band interacted more with each other and seemed really into the show and the crowd.

Other notes.
- "GA" tickets not only gave us access to the floor but to the first 10 rows of the lower bowl. We sat in seats far superior to our far more expensive assigned seats the first night
- MOS is not a good closer. I can't see that changing - it lacks... Something.

Anyway, I loved it tonight whereas first night, I only LIKED it. I go to bed satisfied and will be going home to Canada satisfied!

Also... FIRST!!!
Thanks for the update. Now I just have to wait 3 weeks to see it for myself.
cjreeds is offline  
Old 07-02-2009, 07:38 PM   #6
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 52,117
Local Time: 09:17 AM
Does anyone have a pic of shirtless Bono or did it not happen
lauramullen is offline  
Old 07-02-2009, 07:39 PM   #7
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,934
Local Time: 01:17 AM
i'm sure i speak for everyone when i say i hope it didn't happen.
coolian2 is offline  
Old 07-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
romi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 5,766
Local Time: 05:17 AM
on U2. com, they are saying SBS is for Iran. The song is preceeded by an Iranian singer, and the screen turns green or the Iranian flag...
romi is offline  
Old 07-02-2009, 07:44 PM   #9
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,343
Local Time: 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
i'm sure i speak for everyone when i say i hope it didn't happen.
I dont think everyone.
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 07-02-2009, 07:46 PM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life
 
dan_smee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 13,104
Local Time: 11:17 PM
^ note for all you out there who are pushing the big 5-0, Sicy likes middle-aged shirtless men :P
dan_smee is offline  
Old 07-02-2009, 07:46 PM   #11
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,934
Local Time: 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
I dont think everyone.
it was a bit fanciful for me to hope i could try to cut pleba off with my broad, sweeping statement, wasn't it?
coolian2 is offline  
Old 07-02-2009, 07:46 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
romi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 5,766
Local Time: 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
I dont think everyone.
seeing Bono with his shirt off could potentially make me feel better about myself
romi is offline  
Old 07-02-2009, 08:09 PM   #13
Refugee
 
SethVincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dayton Ohio
Posts: 2,488
Local Time: 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post
^ note for all you out there who are pushing the big 5-0, Sicy likes middle-aged shirtless men :P

Howza bout the big 4-0

I is a

LOL
SethVincent is offline  
Old 07-02-2009, 11:41 PM   #14
Acrobat
 
U2zoobaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 381
Local Time: 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauramullen View Post
Does anyone have a pic of shirtless Bono or did it not happen
Im beginning to think this is a rumor started by someone who thought it would be funny to torment some U2 fans...
U2zoobaby is offline  
Old 07-03-2009, 12:59 AM   #15
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,894
Local Time: 06:17 AM
It was tweeted during the show - so maybe just an error or something lost in the tweeting

Glad to hear night 2 improved. Sounds like you all had fun. Great review Varitek! Where were you this time (GA? Inner/Outer circle?)
__________________

Lila64 is offline  
 

Tags
barcelona

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Makeup Sicy Lemonade Stand 792 07-18-2010 01:44 PM
SPOILER - Rehearsals at Nou Camp Part II - SPOILER AiRMaRcI9o0 General Tour Discussion 1004 06-23-2009 04:02 PM
Traders...Here are my list Christina U2 Trading Post 5 09-18-2005 02:48 AM
The Toll Grows Higher Dreadsox Free Your Mind Archive 333 08-13-2005 10:09 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com