July 2, 2009 - Camp Nou Barcelona - SPAIN II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
For anyone that was at this show, please post your reviews, experiences, photos, etc. :)

Yes!!! Much much better!

The differences:

- snippet of "Here Comes the Sun" (can't recall which song of was added to but it was really neat!
- Desire with snippets of Billie Jean and Dont Stop Till You Get Enough. Unexpected, and sounded great
- PARTY GIRL!!!!!!! Brought a girl on stage, B drank champagne with her, and SHE carried HIM around
- ELECTRICAL STORM!!!! First time ever performed live. Was cool to hear in spite of part of the chorus lead-in being off key every time. Could be great and an every night song once polished
- they played Crazy twice. Once electro an once album version. Interesting to hear the contrast
- no ISS call
- no Aunt San Suu Kyi masks in the crowd, only on stage

All in all, a more polished, more energetic performance. The band interacted more with each other and seemed really into the show and the crowd.

Other notes.
- "GA" tickets not only gave us access to the floor but to the first 10 rows of the lower bowl. We sat in seats far superior to our far more expensive assigned seats the first night
- MOS is not a good closer. I can't see that changing - it lacks... Something.

Anyway, I loved it tonight whereas first night, I only LIKED it. I go to bed satisfied and will be going home to Canada satisfied!

Also... FIRST!!!

dan smee, spot on with the description of adam's costume

Tonight may have been the best show i've ever been to. I went nuts last night when Bono said "We haven't played this song in 20 years" but tonight I almost had a stroke when he said "This is a song we've never played, except when we recorded it." Before the tour I had a list of 6 songs that I would never have expected them to play, out of my top 10 favorite songs, and I heard 2 of them. All I can say is holy motherfuckingshitonastickoverthemoonwow. ELECTRICALFUCKINGSTORM.

Other notes - Acoustics were much better tonight, or much better when you're not so close to the stage that sound gets eaten by the oval screen overhead. Desire was great, as was Party Girl. There was also a girl on stage during UltraViolet but security removed her, then Bono literally swung around on the microphone which was very fun. The two Crazies were amazing: I LOVE the batshit new one and the original version was great to hear as well. Sunday Bloody Sunday is an ASSKICKER on this tour; I've never heard it like this before.

All in all amazing night and I'm psyched for Milan!

Yes!!! Much much better!

The differences:

- snippet of "Here Comes the Sun" (can't recall which song of was added to but it was really neat!
- Desire with snippets of Billie Jean and Dont Stop Till You Get Enough. Unexpected, and sounded great
- PARTY GIRL!!!!!!! Brought a girl on stage, B drank champagne with her, and SHE carried HIM around
- ELECTRICAL STORM!!!! First time ever performed live. Was cool to hear in spite of part of the chorus lead-in being off key every time. Could be great and an every night song once polished
- they played Crazy twice. Once electro an once album version. Interesting to hear the contrast
- no ISS call

All in all, a more polished, more energetic performance. The band interacted more with each other and seemed really into the show and the crowd.

Other notes.
- "GA" tickets not only gave us access to the floor but to the first 10 rows of the lower bowl. We sat in seats far superior to our far more expensive assigned seats the first night

Anyway, I loved it tonight whereas first night, I only LIKED it. I go to bed satisfied and will be going home to Canada satisfied!

Also... FIRST!!!

Thanks for the update. Now I just have to wait 3 weeks to see it for myself. :hyper:

on U2. com, they are saying SBS is for Iran. The song is preceeded by an Iranian singer, and the screen turns green or the Iranian flag...

It was tweeted during the show - so maybe just an error or something lost in the tweeting :shrug:

Glad to hear night 2 improved. Sounds like you all had fun. Great review Varitek! Where were you this time (GA? Inner/Outer circle?)

Could you give ad indication of what Red Zone would be like compared to inner circle/ seats where you were.

Neither of us saw Bono with his shirt off, at any point.

And yes, Adam is still rocking the jumpsuit!

Plus great reviews so far, just being at the set-list party and witnessing the set made us all think it was a superior night so it's lovely to hear from those who were actually there :D

It makes me glad I`m going to both nights at Wembley...........should hopefully get 2 diff shows....and by august they should be well rehearshed :drool:

I`m starting to think I need to get seats for at least 1 show though to get the full spectacul of the stage.............:hmm:

Does anyone have or has anyone seen a high quality (wallpaper-able) image of the green screen with the words written in Farsi? Thanks.

ive just spent 8hrs in barcelona airport so i'll keep it short
2nd show better than first but only marginally

breathe not a good opener
MOS not a good ending, especially the first night, the show seemed unfinished

the show seems to never lift off they need an IWF or Vertigo 2nd song in imo to pump up the crowd

great to hear E Storm but it needs work, Edges guitar sounded a 'bit off'

techno Crazy not for me but the majority seemed ok with it

2nd version of crazy was filmed presumbly for the singles promo

They turned Larrys drum riser round during Desire

The bridges move around the stage and are quite effective. I was in the inner circle 2nd night (got to the stadium at 7pm) and its quite exciting having band members appear from nowhere.

The sides in the inner circle have loads of space but not a great view of front of stage

just a few random snippets for you:wave:

I wasn't there, but listening to the bootlegs I feel show 2 was much better than show 1, of course opening show always brings a number of mistakes.

It's good to hear you don't need to stand in the inner circle to have a good experience and you don't have to queue up all day. I think I'll go for the tip of the stage/catwalk for Milan, because I want to see the band AND the stage/screen.

What I don't understand is people complaining about Breathe and MOS as opener and closer. I was sceptical at first but I'm pretty sure now that these songs are perfect the way they are. Both sound absolutely incredible on the bootlegs, only Breathe needs a longer drum intro.

I'm off to Milan, can't wait :wave:

People seem really down on the new version of crazy tonight but all the videos i have seen the stadiums seem to be rocking.

u2 360 stage in full flight . Barcelona, night 2 of the 360 t... on Twitpic

a pic i took last night

one of the most intense shows i have witnessed in twenty + years .

Holy Tony! That picture is amazing. :ohmy:
BTW, good to see you did make it to the stadium. We were thinking you might've been too hungover from all the sangria. :giggle:

And yeah, I said to someone that the second Barcelona night was already better than at least 2/3 of the Vertigo shows I witnessed (with the obvious exceptions being Amsterdam 1, Dublin 2 and Boston whatever on December 4th). And I'm sure they will get better.

Yes!!! Much much better!

The differences:

That was during Beautiful Day.

- no ISS call

About Crazy Tonight, it was indeed very interesting to hear the contrast. And it's no contest for me which one is better. And it ain't the 'Classic Coke version'. ;)

You think so? I thought that on the second night MOS was much, much better than on the first (when it didn't sound together yet). While maybe still not there yet, it certainly has the potential to be an excellent closer. Wait and see... :)

Back
Top Bottom