December 3, 2010 - Etihad Stadium - Melbourne, Victoria, Australia - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Fan Experiences, Reviews, & Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 07:22 PM
December 3, 2010 - Etihad Stadium - Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Please post your experiences, pics and reviews for this show here.

And upload to our gallery..

December 3, 2010 - Etihad Stadium, Melbourne AU - Interference.com Photo Gallery (U2 Photos, U2 Concert Photos, Member Photos)

Old 12-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #2
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:22 AM
I had a frickin' amazing time!! Was second row from the centre of the stage... it was just pure awesomeness!! Loved the fact that the issues I had with sound on Wednesday night completely disappeared last night. Bono sounded fantastic, and the band looked like they were having a great time. Oh... and Bono swung over me during Ultraviolet!!! No 'Bad' though... But at least we got it Wednesday night!!

My sister had cheap seats up in Level 3 and loved it as well. From her videos, the claw and the whole stadium looked amazing. Much better than my view of it all from my $300 Level 1 seat on Wednesday night...

Overall, the whole day was amazing. Met some really lovely U2 fans in line; was great to meet people who also got so excited over U2!!

Will post photos (and hopefully video) soon!

Old 12-03-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 10:22 AM
I, alas, was not as keen on the show. The first eight songs were amazing, then ... well, Crazy Tonight was fantastic as always, and Scarlet is bliss. But my opinions on some of the rest of the set may not be all too popular here. I'll simply say that honestly, it was such a disappointment to end my run of 360 shows with that. I wish the two Melbourne shows could've been swapped, because the first Melbourne show was in the top tier of shows I've seen this tour.

But to close, may I just reiterate that Scarlet is bliss? Even with Bono blathering on over it, Scarlet is bliss.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 12-03-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
Refugee

I really liked Friday's show. Agree that it peaked at the mid point and then tailed off a little. Still very high standard though and up to Crazy they were so much on fire that it almost had to mellow out. UV was awesome though.

Wednesday had the better setlist. But I prefered Friday overall. Possibly because the sound was so much better.

My criticism of the setlist is Walk On. Having them leave the stage (albeit briefly) after this song is weird. It makes people go flat. Similarly MOS seems to create a weird flat sensation in the crowd. I don't think the punters realise it is the last song and then when they figure it out they are a bit miffed.

Up to Brisbane next.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:30 PM   #5
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:22 AM
I agree Axver that Wednesday's show was superior to Friday's but in my universe I am just glad to be at any of them.

I think they peaked too early by doing the Hamish and Andy thing!

and yes...Scarlet
Old 12-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #6
Refugee

Andrew: Cathal and I came to find you in line, but the guy with your numbe was an Andrew with no knowledge or interference. Weird!
Old 12-03-2010, 10:44 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:22 AM
I preferred Friday show to Wednesday show. I loved the setlist. The sound quality was superior and I reckon there were more people which makes for a better concert for me.

Achtunggirl, where were you? I was also second from the front. If you run along the front row there was the blonde girl who was pulled on to the stage, then her Mum, the Janna from Brazil, then Shannon. I was standing behind Shannon, and to the right of Marty. I'll laugh if we were right near each other and didn't know it.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:06 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Although the setlist was not as good as Wednesday's show, I've never had such a fun time at a u2 concert.

The only downside I thought was stuck in a moment (when Bono started rambling on about film makers I thought it was going to be Stay) I thought that was the only 'buzzkill' in my eyes.

Bring on Brisbane! But a good few days break is very nice, thanks U2.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:58 AM   #9
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadcaster View Post
Andrew: Cathal and I came to find you in line, but the guy with your numbe was an Andrew with no knowledge or interference. Weird!
Weird. I was definately 173, as per my post in the other thread. Could there have been 2 173's? Don't see how.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:49 AM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:22 AM
When Bono was talking about Lowenstein I knew the song was going to be Stuck in the Moment as Lowenstein did many of INXS' ful clips. Youse young ones need to learn some irrelevant crap about bands : p
Old 12-04-2010, 03:58 AM   #11
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by beli View Post
When Bono was talking about Lowenstein I knew the song was going to be Stuck in the Moment as Lowenstein did many of INXS' ful clips. Youse young ones need to learn some irrelevant crap about bands : p
ditto... and directed Dogs In Space starring Michael

Old 12-04-2010, 07:06 AM   #12
Refugee

Local Time: 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCowley View Post
Weird. I was definately 173, as per my post in the other thread. Could there have been 2 173's? Don't see how.
I think we may have talked to #172!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #13
Refugee

I thought this show was better than the first night, Bono was more chatty with the crowd and the band were tighter with the performances.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:36 AM   #14
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by beli View Post
I preferred Friday show to Wednesday show. I loved the setlist. The sound quality was superior and I reckon there were more people which makes for a better concert for me.

Achtunggirl, where were you? I was also second from the front. If you run along the front row there was the blonde girl who was pulled on to the stage, then her Mum, the Janna from Brazil, then Shannon. I was standing behind Shannon, and to the right of Marty. I'll laugh if we were right near each other and didn't know it.
I was to the left of the blonde girl (near Bono's mic, but closer to the Edge than Adam)... I think there were about five people between her and I! They actually placed the ladder right in front of the guy in front of me, and then moved it over to her. So we were probably pretty close! Were you standing to the right or to the left of her? It would be hilarious if we were standing next to each other! Glad you enjoyed your night!
Old 12-05-2010, 01:40 AM   #15
Acrobat

Still trying to upload pics to this site, and some video to youtube. Will post the links here once I do... (it will probably take me a night or two)!