December 14, 2010 Sydney AU ANZ Stadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Echoing my comments from the setlist party thread.

It was an incredible night. The GA pit was unbelievable.

AIWIY and LRM were cool with LRM a surprise. Bono talked about them coming to Sydney over the years. In particular he talked about 1984 and them previewing 'weird songs' (paraphrasing here; can't recall the exact words) like UF and Bad. Talked about Lovetown in 1989 and then said they were going to give us a little bit of that. AIWIY and LRM followed. Will let others salivate over this. In short: Amazing.

He also talked about Adam's off the rails experience in 1993 and how much this changed him. Later on Adam removed his shirt during Streets. Cool guy.

The band and the crowd (GA at least since that was my perspective) were at one tonight. That is special. Doesn't always happen.

Nice to hear UV for one last time. I way prefer it to HMTMKMKM.

This brings to an end my run of 6 shows. What a privilege.

Echoing my comments from the setlist party thread.

It was an incredible night. The GA pit was unbelievable.

AIWIY and LRM were cool with LRM a surprise. Bono talked about them coming to Sydney over the years. In particular he talked about 1984 and them previewing 'weird songs' (paraphrasing here; can't recall the exact words) like UF and Bad. Talked about Lovetown in 1989 and then said they were going to give us a little bit of that. AIWIY and LRM followed. Will let others salivate over this. In short: Amazing.

He also talked about Adam's off the rails experience in 1993 and how much this changed him. Later on Adam removed his shirt during Streets. Cool guy.

The band and the crowd (GA at least since that was my perspective) were at one tonight. That is special. Doesn't always happen.

Nice to hear UV for one last time. I way prefer it to HMTMKMKM.

This brings to an end my run of 6 shows. What a privilege.

And brings an end to a great run of reviews that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading!:up:

Each one was written so well!

Glad you enjoyed the shows so much, I know how little they get down your way!

Thanks for those kind words U2387. I enjoy sharing my experiences with everyone. Some of them are written on my BlackBerry as I walk out of the stadium. Hardly objective buy hey who cares.

Would like others who went to the show to contribute to this thread. Maybe it was just me with it being my home city and the last show I will see, but I thought it was a very very special show.

I will be sharing Andrew, you can be sure of that! Just had a hectic few days getting home to Canberra after the show (including driving back on 2 hours sleep!)

Will post reviews, plenty of pictures, and I think we have some videos (not full songs, but funny things)

For now, I will say this:

Jay-Z blew me away as an opening act. When it was announced was a little pissed off. Not because I didn't want to see him, but because the Kanye expriement failed so badly, I couldn't see it working.

Hat, words, shoe all eaten over here.

Anyone who has me on facebook may have seen that my wife embarrassingly took photos of me in the uban grooves section of JB hoFi yesterday...

Agree, Jay Z was pretty cool. His last 3 songs were fantastic. Loved it when the dude on the laptops threw in the Book Of Brilliant Things (a Simple Minds song) snippet. One of my fav. songs.

Anyone who has me on facebook may have seen that my wife embarrassingly took photos of me in the uban grooves section of JB hoFi yesterday...
i can't find the photos, but it's taken you long enough :wink:

how sickkk is the mashup he does with Everything in its Right Place? :rockon:

Considering how many people in the GA hated Jay Z, I was amazed at how he didn't let that mess with him and just owned it. He was great both nights and was an amazing opening act.

The show. Oh. My. God. The show. Even 2 days after I'm still jittery from it. Well worth the trip to Oz and I can't believe I even considered not going. :drool:

Considering how many people in the GA hated Jay Z, I was amazed at how he didn't let that mess with him and just owned it. He was great both nights and was an amazing opening act.

The show. Oh. My. God. The show. Even 2 days after I'm still jittery from it. Well worth the trip to Oz and I can't believe I even considered not going. :drool:

Same here. After jetlag goes and reality kicks back in i'll try and give a cohesive review of my trip to Oz for these truly unforgettable shows!!!! :loveshower::happydance::dancing: "love Rescue me…come forth and speak to me """ :combust::yippie:

The only thing that was slightly sucky about Night 2 were those girls that kept running back and forth from the front of the circle and back. They were just so incredibly rude and had the guff to scream at people for not letting them pass. :angry:

This was my first time doing RZ. I went to the box office at 1 pm, and started queuing at the gate immediately after that. The Aussies that were in line with me were really nice.

When the gates opened, I sprinted to the middle of the front rail in RZ1. It was the best seat in the house. Unlike being on the front rail inside the pit, I could actually see the entire band this time. I took lots of video of the boys as they walked in front of me on the catwalk.

The setlist for night 2 blew me away. I got to hear AIWIY, Love Rescue Me, and Sgt. Pepper's snippets for the first time ever. This was also my first 360 show where Bono played the harmonica.

Night 2 was spectacular. Too bad the show didn't sell out.:shifty:

Back
Top Bottom