December 1, 2010 - Etihad Stadium - Melbourne, Victoria, Australia - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Fan Experiences, Reviews, & Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2010, 03:13 AM   #76
Babyface

Local Time: 05:03 PM
Yeh, I'm a bit of a guitar nut.

Love that '64 Vox he uses. I remember reading somewhere that Dallas said it has like Marshal transformers, and some Fender parts in it.

Also has a new speaker in it since the original blew up during the... Elevation tour I think it was, might have been Vertigo.

I was drooling over Edge's gear all night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
i've seen a video that backs up that story. i also recently saw a video where dallas said it was only for this tour he finally convinced the edge to stop using the original explorer from the boy era on tour because it was so important in studio.
Not true. The '64 Vox still comes on tour, it is The Edge's original Explorer that Dallas convinced him to not bring on tour. He convinced Edge to let him go out and buy a bunch of Explorers from the same year, with the same neck (since both thin and thick neck Explorer's were released that year).