August 22, Millennium Stadium, Cardiff, UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The best gig i've ever been too, doubt it will ever be beaten unless i see U2 again at some point.
Simple as that

BONO was on top form, great voice, great interaction with the crowd.
BONO IS GOD

Loved every song. Highlight was Mysterious Ways for me but i liked the remix of Dont go Crazy as well

Great stage. Great crowd. Everyone was so nice. Great atmosphere.

Loved every moment!! £55 was a bargain
Will add some vids to youtube at some point and put them here later

Just woke up now as i didnt get home till 3am

^3am, I can beat that - got back to London at 4:30am! :wink:

Great show, the band were spot on throughout. That was my 5th and final show for the tour this year, and I would say that this show would come in joint 2nd with the opening night in Barcelona. Wembley 2 was the best imo.

my seventh (and sadly) final U2 show for 2009. But what a summer it's been- Nou Camp-Croke-Wembley- Cardiff

Joined the GC queue at about midday- initially it seemed like the usual poor MS organisation had struck again, but apparently the queueing policy was down to Evil Nation- the venue would rather have issued wrist bands and send everyone away

anyhoo- gates opened about 4.30pm- no hassle, walked across the pitch to the Inner Claw- mission accomplished it was off to the unallocated seats for the support acts.

As ever had a great time during the U2 set- no huge suprises having seen the show before, but still get a huge buzz from hearing the new songs and the UC-UF-COBL-V- CT (remix) segment is amazing. Spent most of the night leaping about so was a bit knackered by the end of it- but so totally worth it.

Very pleased we stayed over night in Cardiff- it took 2 hours for the traffic to clear past the hotel- and all that awaited those cars was the endless roadworks ansd lane closures on the M4

so that;s the end of my U2 tour for the year- it's been huge fun at every show- the buzz of the first night at Nou Camp, the insanity of the three Croke Park shows- meeting some of the folk from herem, the hours spent queueing for the GC at Croke, the Red Zone at Wembley 1, unexpectedly making it into the GC for Wembley 2 and of course Cardiff..and finally seeing them perform MLK and UF (two long time favourites that I never thought I'd see them perform)

roll on the 2010 leg of the tour!

My 7th and final:)hmm:) show. Had a great night and boy did i have a sore head this morning! Heres a few pics from the back of GA

001-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

Cardiff was amazing! It was a fantastic night - the band were brilliant and so were the crowd. I was at the first Wembley too and I though that was brilliant, but Cardiff was just... wow :heart:

xxx

Here are my pics!
With my old school Digi Cam
I make the best use of my tools! And people have the nerve to say i cant take a good pic...:D

AMAZING night

r7outj.jpg

2a78q5z.jpg

2a00ns.jpg

2heyl46.jpg

2mnry11.jpg

16kz2vk.jpg

2vuy7b9.jpg

15qvmyu.jpg

r7outj.jpg

2ngfr5f.jpg

27wyefn.jpg

Wow what a night :love:

Went with 2 wonderful mates ( Jem & Louanne :love: ) 2nd row FOS right in front of Adam! Even though the tallest man i'd ever seen in my life(I'm only 5ft) was in front of me didn't spoil my fun.

I sang my :heart:out, moved my big fat arse:dance: and took a few pics.

Loving The CT remix and the fact i got Bad again :combust:

Thanks U2 for a fantastic week :love: Only 61 days until Vegas :D

Seven shows this tour, this one was without doubt the best.
IMO Sheffield was the worst, but this literally blew my head off, probably the best U2 crowd i've ever been a part of and i've done over 30 shows going back to 92.

I've never seen Bono so overwhelmed by the noise of a crowd.

let me tell you America,we sent them off in style, they're yours now... Enjoy you are truly in for a treat!!!! :wave::sad:

Awesome crowd, bono was clearly taken back by the response. The show was fantastic. Went both Wembleys, Sheffield and this one. This crowd had to be the best. No pushing in the GC, just a lot of people enjoying the music.

Got about 3rd row near The Edge, have some great pics that when I get round to Ill put on here if I figured it out :)

Sadly the end of my U2009 shows, hopefully they will be back next year and I'll be so lucky again with tickets.

^3am, I can beat that - got back to London at 4:30am! :wink:

Great show, the band were spot on throughout. That was my 5th and final show for the tour this year, and I would say that this show would come in joint 2nd with the opening night in Barcelona. Wembley 2 was the best imo.

4:30! :ohmy: We got back to Liverpool at 3:30 after stopping for food!

post full thoughts tomorrorow, best U2 gig i will ever attend (i think, due to a million reasons, massive thanks to the people we met at gate 6, dont think you are on here, but if you are i was number 216 from gate 6 aka Kevin one of 2 people from Liverpool), full review tomorrow litreally just got home so tired, U2 fans really are the best, U2 are the best band i will ever see, blew manchester vertigo and elevation out of the water, and according to some people who we met and had seen every tour from the UF it was well up there!

p.s. was great to see bono actually leaning over the pit during asking someone if they could help him and then saying “that sounds beautiful”, and the smile from Larry coming of stage and during crazy was priceless.

Fantastic pics Kevin and MadForIt!

And ta for the updates as well Kevin - I wasn't toooo jealous :)

I was in Cardiff on Friday night. I met my ol Derry mucker Fergal in an O'Neills pub around 8pm. He'd already had five pints!

We went around to see the GA queue outside the stadium and we dragged a load of them to The Prince of Wales pub. More GA campers came along a bit later. There was a LOT of boozing going on, with a steady stream of Sambucas and Jaegermeisters being provided. I think all the regular GA overnight campers wanted to have a big drunken send off for the last Euro show.

I ended up down at the stadium overnight because I'd nowhere else to go. Fergal left the pub before me. When I got to his house I could see him asleep on his sofa. I banged on the window, rang the bell and phoned him, but I couldn't rouse him. So I went back to the stadium and sat chatting to the GA queuers who were still awake instead. My first time camping out overnight in the GA queue - and I didn't even go to the bloomin concert! Must put that on a T-shirt.

Sounds like it was a crackin gig though.

It's all Over!

Well my last show too, went to all 5 UK shows, this was the first one I was in seats for and behind the stage but I still really enjoyed the show. Fantastic atmosphere and singing in the Stadium! Sound was great again where we were.

My only minor complaint is the sets have all been pretty similar for all shows but this is a small quibble!

Friend who was with us last night too some photo's which I think are amazing.

I huge thank you to Mike Warburton who donated tickets for auction. It was great to be able to go to such a fantastic gig, U2 were amazing, the set and sound was outstanding. Thanks to Kenny for the opportunity to bid for and win the tickets....a fan

Cheers
Warby

I've been to Dublin 2 and Wembley 2, my 18th show since Zoo TV.. but Saturday was something exceptional. I'm not sure if it was the best show I've ever seen yet but it was better than the others on this tour, and for me was even better than Slane. Trying not to sound biased (I am Welsh!) but the snug feeling of the stadium really suited the 360 tour.. the acoustics combined with 70,000 fans singing their hearts out created an incredible atmosphere. The band seemed really into the show. I was thrilled to hear Bad again.. met some lovely people thoughout the day too. Fantastic.

^ agree totally Jim, from a very experienced U2 gig go'er, this WAS something very special. The people there were wonderful, from all over the world and the vibe all day was spot on. You know early on in a U2 gig whether or not the "magic" is there and after the first two songs it became clearly apparent it was.

For me it was easily the best show I attended on this tour and probably one of the best ever and I can be critical! My faith is totally restored after a poor boorish and drunken Sheffield...

One of the most enjoyable nites of my life.Wonderful venue,really nice audience and U2 were incredible.
The range of songs was fantastic and the bands performance so energetic.Highlights for me STREETS,UF,UL,BAD AND VERTIGO but to be honest it was all so good.Bono was on absolutely top form and god i forgot ISHFWILF was brilliant with the crowd joining in.
All in all what a weekend.Still in a time warp about.Wish i could witness that every week.
U2 BEST BAND EVER:drool:

Not going to write a long review as i think everything has already been said, went for a walk around the millenium stadium on the friday evening and seen people already camping, so decided to head down a bit earlier than planned,

Got to the stadium around half 8ish saturday morning, someone writing number on peoples hand, i ended up number 216, met some amazing people in the line, 3 couples from Birmingham, a couple from Bournemouth, and 2 guys from London, unfortunately for some reason didnt manage to get everyone name for some strange reason but we had a fantastic time in the line, until around 2pm when we all got told we had to put our chairs away etc due to the line being so long,

Anyway, got inside the pit on the back rail Adams side, the hours i thought where quite good actually and ALOT better than glasvegas who where utter crap, then came the time for U2, and i honestley do not know if i will ever see a better U2 concert, the band where litreally on fire, with the band and crowd being as one, i really cannot pick many hightlights as it was all just amazing, i got very teary eyed during Stay, the intro to streets, and something that i will never EVER forget hearing Bad live for the first time, with the crowd singing how long to sing this song for what seemed like ever.

So thank you U2, i seen you on the elevation tour in manchester, and the vertigo tour in manchester also, but this is one that will live with me until the day i die, this was my U2 "religious experience", something which i belived i had felt before, but quite obviously hadnt.

Back
Top Bottom