August 18th, Hampden Park Glasgow-SCOTLANDI Posted About 360 Being the New Pop Tour - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Fan Experiences, Reviews, & Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2009, 06:35 PM   #1
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:35 PM
August 18th, Hampden Park Glasgow-SCOTLANDI Posted About 360 Being the New Pop Tour

Well im just back from Hampden and i have to say im utterly,utterly blown away by U2,they are just completely incredible live,The claw up close is phenomenal and the whole show is AMAZING! Honestly,the videos on youtube just dont do it justice.Im dumbfounded by how great U2 are.By far the best band ive ever seen. The only downside to the night was that the sound was completely messed up.Half of Walk On didnt come through the PA but the band didnt know and kept on playing and it was virtual silence to us.Also sometimes the guitar sound cut out during songs.To be honest this didnt take away from the night. If you havent been to the 360 tour yet youre in for an absolute treat! P.S I still cant beleive Bono was only about 3 feet from me eafrlier!

Old 08-18-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 07:35 AM

I love these after experiencing live show reactions.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:41 PM   #3
The Fly

Just got home from Hampden!!!!!! The best experience of my life. I cried four times and when the amps fused the audience carried it well!! Was blown away by how fantastic the gig was and after being awake for 2 day straight i dont plan on going to bed just yet lol! Never going to forget runnign for my life to get into the inner circle got back railing next to the catwalk just off to adams side was so happy i got there that i cried i also knocked poor steward to the ground after being pulled across the pitch screaming aaaaaah im going to die and i think you should move before boom i ran into him and he went flying im just rambling whilst still on cloud U2 after tonight
Old 08-18-2009, 07:53 PM   #4
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz19 View Post
Just got home from Hampden!!!!!! The best experience of my life. I cried four times and when the amps fused the audience carried it well!! Was blown away by how fantastic the gig was and after being awake for 2 day straight i dont plan on going to bed just yet lol! Never going to forget runnign for my life to get into the inner circle got back railing next to the catwalk just off to adams side was so happy i got there that i cried i also knocked poor steward to the ground after being pulled across the pitch screaming aaaaaah im going to die and i think you should move before boom i ran into him and he went flying im just rambling whilst still on cloud U2 after tonight
i was just on the outside of the circle but at the same place you were! Bono came over during Magnificent and hung over the stage and i was like 4 foot from him.Amazing! I dont think they even realised the sound had gone during walk on.They just kept on playing like they didnt know.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:40 PM   #5
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfink27 View Post
i was just on the outside of the circle but at the same place you were! Bono came over during Magnificent and hung over the stage and i was like 4 foot from him.Amazing! I dont think they even realised the sound had gone during walk on.They just kept on playing like they didnt know.
yeah im quite glad they didnt notice and most of the fans carried on having a good old sing along even though it had gone but some rude guy next to me thought it was appropriate too boo! them. i wasnt happy what are they meant to do about a tecnical fault they didnt know had happened! Wish i could go do it all over again best time ever
Old 08-19-2009, 04:24 AM   #6
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:35 PM
For me - a bit dissapointed. The overall sound was poor, Bono's mic was playing up during Pride, they should have restarted Walk On and the standard set list just doesn't work, especially the encore.

Bono's vocals he need's the re-learn the words to some of the songs. In particular, the older ones that they have re-introduced in the last 2 tours. Great playing, as usual, by the rest of the band though.

The Claw. I went from to to Very impressive and a great way to set out a stadium show but I ended thinking that it didn't work that well. I am pretty sure that it will get better as the tour goes on, once Willie starts to use it to it's full potential.

Overall. Still enjoyed it but it was nowhere near as good as Zoo TV or PopMart. Equal 3rd with Vertigo when I expected it be much better.

Anyhoo, off to Cardiff on Saturday for a 2nd opinion.....
Old 08-19-2009, 04:31 AM   #7
The Fly

Fantastic gig I was totally blown away. I was in the pit against the back rail centre stage. This was the best concert position I have ever had.

Seeing the band from in the pit is a totally insane experience. The show is called 360 degrees, I think that is because your head needs to swivel right round to take everying in. The band were allover the stage and ring walkway.

This show blows Vertigo out of the water and after two sedate indoor tours our American friends are in for a real treat.

The setlist was great, I was hoping to see the One/UTTEOTW/New Years Day triplet,But other than that I was really pleased with it.
I never in a million years thought I would ever see them play Unforgetable Fire and it was awesome one of the show highltights.

All in all a great gig fantastic voice & performance by Bono, Adam was right into it and Larry seemed to enjoy it more too. As for Edge well he was Edge you know what to expect!

Only downside was the sound. In general I dont think the sound is at iys best in the pit but you take your choice and live with it.
It started to go astray during Pride when Edges Guitar went really loud, MLK suffered with rises and drops in volume and Walk On it went completely.Thankfully it came back on but was still a little rough for One.

What was more annoying was how quickly people booed & jeered, after about a minute it started and it really pissed me off. I know you expect things to be perfect but at the end of the day it is electrical equipment and it can and does go wrong!

However, it didnt spoil the gig for me at all.

By the way Moment of Surrender is an awesome closer where Bono got the energy from to sing like that I'll never know.

Roll on Sheffield.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:35 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

I would have loved to be at that show. Power outage I experienced that once at a Springsteen show and it happend twice. Good for U2 to just keep on playing Stupid of people to boo It could happen to anyone, it's a live show afterall.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:39 AM   #9
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:35 AM
if the band knows the audience can't hear and keep playing it's a bit of a dick move and people are within their rights to boo.

but we don't know, so i'm happy to give u2 the benefit of the doubt. they aren't really the kind of band to do what i said above.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:46 AM   #10
Refugee

I was in the pit last night just in front of adam,and let me say it was awesome. I CANT beleive how good this band are,when the walkway went over my head during magnificent and then Bono looked down at us all,i could have died there and then! Going to see them in chicago next month,and its gonna have to go some to beat lastnight!
Old 08-19-2009, 04:55 AM   #11
Refugee

Local Time: 02:35 PM
I'm glad you had a great time. We had as well on our setlist party.

Can't wait for some pics.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:57 AM   #12
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinx View Post
I'm glad you had a great time. We had as well on our setlist party.

Can't wait for some pics.
I have a load of pics,only on my phone though. Will post them when i get a chance!
Old 08-19-2009, 05:33 AM   #13
The Fly

Local Time: 12:35 PM
I too was in the inner circle next to Adam and I agree, when Bono walked over the bridge during Magnificent it was surreal. Never in a million years did I think I would see the man himself so close with my own 2 eyes.

As for the gig, it was perfect. The best night of my life. I really wish all these complainers would shut it as they sure as hell won't see a better gig from any other band. So they didn't play Bad, UTEOTW etc. But you know what? I DON'T GIVE A TOSS! The night was absolutely perfect and it still hasn't sunk in.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:01 AM   #14
The Fly

Heard a great one on sky sports news.It said U2 and Arsenal played Glasgow last night and they both had The Edge.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:45 AM   #15
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
if the band knows the audience can't hear and keep playing it's a bit of a dick move and people are within their rights to boo.

but we don't know, so i'm happy to give u2 the benefit of the doubt. they aren't really the kind of band to do what i said above.
Fact :-All professional bands use in ear monitors.

Fact:-When using in ear monitors all you can hear is the mix of the band in your ears.

Fact:-The band mix will still have been coming through the in ear monitors or they would have stopped or been terribly out of time.

Fact:-The band did not know the house sound was down. As far as they were concerned they were still being heard.

Fact:-If you are a musician you carry on if at all possiblle the worst to do is stop and restart.

A dick move I think not