August 18th, Hampden Park Glasgow-SCOTLANDI Posted About 360 Being the New Pop Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How is this possible?? That they didn't know??:scratch::scratch:

U2 dont hear what the crowd hears, the hear a mix of the song through their head phones and monitors

i think just before the sound came back on you could see it in bono's face that something wasnt right, bless him.

U2 dont hear what the crowd hears, the hear a mix of the song through their head phones and monitors

i think just before the sound came back on you could see it in bono's face that something wasnt right, bless him.

I'm listening to an interview right now that was done the day after Glasgow...will have to see if they mention it.

:lol::lol: I just got done listening to a full audio version of the song and it really went on for a long time (the silence)....and he just kept singing?

The whole band kept on playing and Bono was singing but there was just silence through the speakers.The sound was messed up all night. During Pride Edges guitar cut out a few times,sometimes during the concert the drums or bass suddenly got louder then really quiet.MLK was mad as during it there was really loud buzzing sounds.Its the worst concert ive been to for techinical problems the sound was messed up.It was just the brilliance of the band that made it an amazing night!

Here MLK on youtube.You can here the buzzes during it.

YouTube - U2: Bono's Speech & MLK, Live from Hampden Park, Glasgow

Yuck! What was that horrible bass throbbing? Seems like Bono didn't hear it. Most of the audience didn't seem to care, probably thought it was part of the song.

I noticed Bono had a bit of a confused look on his face when the sound cut, I know they have monitors in their ears, but theyre going to hear SOME crowd noises though it. First one or two instruments went on and off, then the whole thing. Im a bit disappointed in the crowd for not singing in their place actually, I thought it was a bit lame all the booing myself.

I was up in the stands to Edges side, I actually thought I was going to be further near the back, but I was pleasantly surprised. :D That show was easily better than Cardiff last time, but I guess I just had a better time overall, as I found GA to be a shitstorm last time.

Best night of my life I'd reckon. :) Trying to download the bootleg now, taking ages. XD Its a shame they dont use the footage they film during the show for people to download.

Heya guys! I was there too, but i wasn't on Adams side lol, i was right in front of Edge basically at the barrier, my dream come true:drool:
When the sound cut out during Walk on, everyone including myself, just sang louder for Bono, it was great, and didn't spoil it for me one bit, but Bono must have known that the sound wasn't working cause the second it came back he threw his fist up in the air and smiled.
It was the greatest day of my entire life!!!! I cried when i first saw Edge and then the whole way through breathe, i broke down in tears quite a few times, i've never been so happy:heart:
I'll need to post my pics sometime soon for you all :)
Oh and i got Edge's attention!!! I blew him kisses and he gave me the sweetest smile ever! And to make it even more of a perfect moment, it was during streets, my fav song :cute:
Thank you so much U2 for the best day of my life!

great reviews people keep them coming! im gonna have to take
back sum of my review about Glasgow and say it wasnt just good
it was bloody Awesome! didnt give my head time to sink in lol ive
had mates calling me today saying how great the gig was.a friend
of a friend said its the best gig hes ever been to and hes seen alot
of acts! lets face it Bonos voice just sounded perfect on the night!
truly Magnificent..

i think theres about 3 recorded versions now going about to download.
was listening to Sheffield on the radio which sounded great too and
they even got a xtra tune mysterious ways..

ya cannae beat the glasga crowd on the night :applaud:i think the guys will
be back next year sumtime 2 nights at the barrowlands:hyper::applaud:wishthful thing

great reviews people keep them coming! im gonna have to take
back sum of my review about Glasgow and say it wasnt just good
it was bloody Awesome! didnt give my head time to sink in lol ive
had mates calling me today saying how great the gig was.a friend
of a friend said its the best gig hes ever been to and hes seen alot
of acts! lets face it Bonos voice just sounded perfect on the night!
truly Magnificent..

i think theres about 3 recorded versions now going about to download.
was listening to Sheffield on the radio which sounded great too and
they even got a xtra tune mysterious ways..

ya cannae beat the glasga crowd on the night :applaud:i think the guys will
be back next year sumtime 2 nights at the barrowlands:hyper::applaud:wishthful thing

Theres going to be another European leg next year isnt there? I think Rome is booked already,no? If theyre playing again anywhere in the UK im going to it.I cant wait to see them again.Ive even been trying to get ways of getting money to go to Sheffield or Cardiff but i just havent got it.

I really hope they come back again next year,i seen them at hampden during the vertigo tour. But tuesdays gig blew it out the water,on to chicago now! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope they come back again next year,i seen them at hampden during the vertigo tour. But tuesdays gig blew it out the water,on to chicago now! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!

lucky for some :p please take me with you lol, i WILL fit into your suitcase:sexywink: hehe
Cant wait til they come back to the UK, especially Glasgow, i'm definately getting loads of tickets for next time, i'm saving already:wink:

lucky for some :p please take me with you lol, i WILL fit into your suitcase:sexywink: hehe
Cant wait til they come back to the UK, especially Glasgow, i'm definately getting loads of tickets for next time, i'm saving already:wink:

im so depressed now it over and theyre gone.Ive been looking forward to it for months and it was amazing.Im even considering buying Coldplay tickets for Hampden to try and get that same buzz again,i must be mad!

hey batfink27 snap! im looking to go to coldplay too
its on the 18th september i think.ive only seen them
once at live8 but wouldnt mind a full gig.

yeah i read sumwhere about rome or was it a interview
they did on tv? anyways keeping my fingers crossed
they do Europe and throw in sum uk dates again..

Cardiff tonight hope its a good yin for the ones attending:up:

hey batfink27 snap! im looking to go to coldplay too
its on the 18th september i think.ive only seen them
once at live8 but wouldnt mind a full gig.

yeah i read sumwhere about rome or was it a interview
they did on tv? anyways keeping my fingers crossed
they do Europe and throw in sum uk dates again..

Cardiff tonight hope its a good yin for the ones attending:up:

Ive seen Coldplay twice,once in 2003 (i think) at the SECC and once at Bellhouston park.They were good but nowhere near U2. I think i probably will buy a ticket for them,theres still tickets on Tickemaster.If U2 are doing UK dates at all next year then ill travel to wherever they are.

lol well if you think you can fit in my suitcase,we can give it a try.:hug:

Back
Top Bottom