3 October, 2010 Estadio Cidade Coimbra PT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was in the third row in the pit in front of Bono: one of the greatest U2 shows I have ever seen. It could have been the greatest, if it weren't for Bono losing his voice during Magnificent, which made me, and the crowd, and the band, very nervous for a moment or two, and damnit, I've seen 12 shows now, I wanna hear Bad already!!
But what an amazing concert. I was a both shows, but this one stood out as the stronger show.
This is also the first time Pride actually made sense in a setlist for me. Much better early on. Bono improvised new lyrics for Get On Your Boots, something like "love is eternity and I wanna ride along" - super cool. She Loves You snippet in Vertigo. My favourite Vertigo snippet. I am 100% certain that they would have played Bad if it wasn't for Bono's voice problem. It seemed fine at the end of the show but I guess they didn't want to take any chances. But the live debut of Boy Falls From The Sky beats just about everything, what an amazing moment.

I managed to get my Canon 5D Mark II super-duper-nice camera into both the gigs, just bought a new portrait prime lens to go with it, so I also got great pictures.

5055847454_fbd9fe232e_b.jpg

There are more at my Flickr profile, I've uploaded four so far but I've got some tweaking to do with the rest before I upload them as well :)

Back
Top Bottom