18 July 2009 Olympic Stadium Berlin DE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3745032601_c60d102414.jpg

3745831934_2bb302de2b.jpg

3745832880_3b861edbb6.jpg

3745833948_561d835d1e.jpg

thanks for uploading Leif!
when do those insects appear on the screen? I have never seen them.
mhh, well, my photos aren't very sparp I'd say (but that's because of the camera can't do any better), but not blurry. with the right settings it is very easy. maybe you could see what settings I used on computer if you still have them.

They don't appear immediately after the show. Rather one or two minutes or so after the stadium lights get switched on again. Then they start settling on the screen. ;)

I still have them. I will check. Thanks!

They don't appear immediately after the show. Rather one or two minutes or so after the stadium lights get switched on again. Then they start settling on the screen. ;)

I still have them. I will check. Thanks!

:doh::doh: I always try to leave the stadium very fast, cause I hate waiting ...next time I'll wait. I kinda like them LOL!
Ok, let me know if you can't find any information about the settings.

I could find the information, thanks. Will see to get the camera on manual so I can try with the settings.
I have to get used to my camera and look for the pre-settings. They might help. Otherwise the camera switches to long-exposure which obviously doesn't work out.

I've put the link to the Amsterdam album in the thread of that night. :)

Hey you guys (and girls) who've been there.
I suppose you all have the bootleg of this show, do you know what Bono is saying at the beginning of Breathe,
he usually changes the date to the date of the show,so also here, he sings 18th of July but then I hear something like a maze of our rythm man ..and june 7 ..??

Can anyone make anything of that, I'm really intrigued now:lol:

Don't know about anything that happened on 7. June that's important to Germany's history. Neither on July 7. :hmm:
17. June and 20. July are important dates.

You missed it in Milan, too :tongue:

IMG_4910.jpg

:lol: I knooow!
When we were looking your cd I noticed that and I was like :ohmy: what's that? I wanted to watch out for it in Berlin, but when the gig was over and I left I was really confused cause I didn't see those bugs again...*rofl*

They are not crappy! I also think these are the FIRST ones I have seen taken from behind the stage angle! Nice! My potential seats are to the left on the lower level. These look like they were taken from the second level???

I just noticed that the outer circle has been changed to make a complete circle in the back and meets the rectangle!! Right?? That makes alot more sense so they can walk all the way around and up the rectangle back to the center stage....

correct me if Im wrong?!:hmm:

They are not crappy! I also think these are the FIRST ones I have seen taken from behind the stage angle! Nice! My potential seats are to the left on the lower level. These look like they were taken from the second level???

I just noticed that the outer circle has been changed to make a complete circle in the back and meets the rectangle!! Right?? That makes alot more sense so they can walk all the way around and up the rectangle back to the center stage....

correct me if Im wrong?!:hmm:
oh thanks. ;)
Yeah second level; those cheap seats. I think the circle was closed in Berlin for the first time. But they didn't really used it more frequently I would say (beside Edge he was really on fire that night). In my opinion they use the circle only when playing two dates in a city.

What are those funny looking umbrella things on the main stage?????

They set up those umbrellas because it was still raining. I just thought like, great now I see like nothing...they obscured my view completely.

The catwalk was closed for the first time in Paris.

And I thought the umbrellas looked cool. Sorry to hear they were blocking your view, Anna. I remember in Milan they had the rain "roofs", at least for Snow Patrol. When they figured out that it won't be raining after all, they folded them and put them away before U2 came on stage. The umbrellas look way cooler and it was funny hearing people cheer when they put them up. I just thought: Wow, even the rain protection looks cool at this tour.

my pictures, first row as usual :) News - u2poland.com

wow Wojciek, amazing pictures indeed!

Those three boys in Angel of Harlem were from Prague, Czech Republic. They got a lot of publicity next day here. Basically on every TV channel in prime time ... They never played public before and think after this kind of experience they can easily go back to play in their garage again :)

It was a memorable night indeed. We been Red Zone Edge side. A lot of space, super view, could enjoy few beers without the toilet problems...

Its hell of a different experience to see the band from this sort of a distance... You see and feel everything. You see even some small mistakes, you feel when they loose momentum. But you can enjoy the best live ULTRA Violet ever!

The opener is breath taking. Just so powerfull. NLOTH ... madness. Opening two songs, MW, Angel of Harlem, ONE and Ultra Violet highlights for me.
MOS got some tech problems, too much bass? Think Bono even signaled some probs with mic? (well not surpriced after that brutal energy he gave into ONE and UV minutes before...)

Took us few hours before we got back to Kreuzberg, U-bahns and S-bahns were closing down on our way. Made it back to the bars around 1 am. But still managed to do nice afterparty. Berlin such a cool city. Almost met the band at the Kempinski hotel day after but then decided not to bother.

London next, Pearl Jam then in Berlin. Cant wait to come back.

So hard to go back to work now ....

AchtungGirl, besides the umbrellas for the rain, how was the view from back there? It does look like if the umbrellas werent there, you would see the band members pretty well...and when they did manage to go out onto the catwalk, they seem pretty close!

I have a set of tickets in front of the stadium and one set for behind the stage on the lower level for the same night...and I need to decide which ones to keep... Id like to make a decision soon. Its driving me nuts...I want to be close and I imagine the view of the screens are great if the band isnt facing the back. But I just worry that it'll feel like no energy back there. ?

Im figuring that if you see them from the front end of stadium, they probably are so tiny you dont even notice that they are facing you anyway...and u watch the screens.

Id appreciate any new thoughts on this!

Totally depends which concert you're talking about, which stadium.

In Milan, we had tickets for the "seats" at the back of the stage and the band moved around much more and was on the back a lot. View was excellent, you could see everything that was going on on the stage and the screen and all the lights and visuals. Atmosphere was good as well, but that's not the case everywhere when you're at the stands.

I'd take a look at the stadium plan to see where the seats in question are located and how the stage will be set up.

Totally depends which concert you're talking about, which stadium.

In Milan, we had tickets for the "seats" at the back of the stage and the band moved around much more and was on the back a lot. View was excellent, you could see everything that was going on on the stage and the screen and all the lights and visuals. Atmosphere was good as well, but that's not the case everywhere when you're at the stands.

I'd take a look at the stadium plan to see where the seats in question are located and how the stage will be set up.

Thank you! Im so glad that you had a good experience! Ill be seeing them at Gillette/Boston and my behind the stage seats are on the lower level to the slight left. The stage set up is pretty much the same isnt it? I know some stadiums are bigger/smaller so that accounts for some diff'c ...but was Milan set up differently?

Here is the set up at Gillette and my seats are in Section 122:
U2 360º Tour tickets Gillette Stadium Foxborough, MA, Directions, seating chart. Official Ticketmaster site.

Thank you! Im so glad that you had a good experience! Ill be seeing them at Gillette/Boston and my behind the stage seats are on the lower level to the slight left. The stage set up is pretty much the same isnt it? I know some stadiums are bigger/smaller so that accounts for some diff'c ...but was Milan set up differently?

Here is the set up at Gillette and my seats are in Section 122:
U2 360º Tour tickets Gillette Stadium Foxborough, MA, Directions, seating chart. Official Ticketmaster site.

Exactly what lu said! It really depends on the specific night. But section 122 looks awesome!!! I was on the second level but the view was still ok! So your view would be even better. I would never take those seats on the other side of the stadium. Well, you can see everything (on the screen), but to make out the band is pretty much impossible from there. And as you said, if there weren't these umbrellas I would have seen pretty well.

Exactly what lu said! It really depends on the specific night. But section 122 looks awesome!!! I was on the second level but the view was still ok! So your view would be even better. I would never take those seats on the other side of the stadium. Well, you can see everything (on the screen), but to make out the band is pretty much impossible from there. And as you said, if there weren't these umbrellas I would have seen pretty well.

Yep, I agree! I have the same problem since I have a pair of tickets (also for Gillette Stadium) in 105 and another one for 119. Same exact situation as you. I think that the behind the stage tickets will be better. When I saw them in Paris, they went in the back quite a lot! more in fact than on the sides. At least we would be seeing them up close and then also on the screen whereas if we take the other section, we might get better energy from the crowd but we won't be able to see them at all, except for the screen. I think I have decided over the behind the stage ones! lol

Back
Top Bottom