Your Blue Room rehearsed....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They just didn't have the balls to release such a record under their name in 1995 (understandably so, more or less). Check out what Eno had to say about that.
What? Do you people even like the band... why do people always say they never had the balls.

It was an off-the-cuff sideproject, I doubt the intention was ever to released it as a fully-fledged U2 album. Thus, Passengers. What's it matter?

Their live DVD should actually just be a compilation of rehearsals and soundchecks.

:lol: :up:

Their live DVD should actually just be a compilation of rehearsals and soundchecks.

ha!

man, YBR? that's completely unexpected. I hope it gets played ... I'm trying to imagine how it would sound live. The studio recording is perfect... but if they can make songs like MOS and Velvet Dress work live, I think YBR could work well too.

btw, YBR is THE best song when you're stoned. just...yeah. amazing.

I love the song personally, but not sure it would work all that well in a live setting. Oh well... I've been surprised before, so I'd still be curious to hear it!

*goes to listen to the song on itunes*

Oh my God.

If I heard YBR live I would set myself on fire and run through Boston back to school

Omg. Bono's voice on this track :drool: Adam's voice on this track :drool: Would be an amazing way to kick off Chicago.. *cough*EdgeandBonoareyoureadingthis*cough*

Beautiful song, one of my favorites off Pax alongside Slug, Beach Sequence & Miss Sarajevo, and like Electrical Storm, would fit in very well with the whole NLOTH atmosphere and mood. Bring it on, I say. :up:

What? Do you people even like the band... why do people always say they never had the balls.

It was an off-the-cuff sideproject, I doubt the intention was ever to released it as a fully-fledged U2 album. Thus, Passengers. What's it matter?

Wrong. Read the post again. Key sentence: "check out what Eno had to say about that". Can't find the interview now, but there was an article when NLOTH was being released where Eno stated he was a bit disappointed U2 didn't go by their own name when it comes to the Passengers project. It was planned as a project (without the side part), like all U2 albums begin, including No Line on the Horizon, the decision how it will be released came late in the game.

And if you read the post again, you'll see I said it was more or less understandable that it was released like Passengers.

But, it's Interference, so hey, your reply is probably understandable as well. :wink:

No problem... I'm always happy to inform people about the magic of ZooTV Stockholm. :wink:

Dan, regarding your posts, with your luck, they'll play this setlist on one of the London days:

1) Breathe
2) No Line On The Horizon
3) Get On Your Boots
4) Magnificent / Miss Sarajevo (snippet)
5) Beautiful Day / Whatever (snippet)
6) Electrical Storm
7) One (with Hear Us Coming) / Unchained Melody (snippet)
8) Until the End of the World
9) New Year's Day
10) Drowning Man
11) Your Blue Room / Lemon (snippet)
12) Unknown Caller
13) The Unforgettable Fire
14) City of Blinding Lights
15) Vertigo
16) Krazy Tonite
17) Sunday Bloody Sunday
18) PITNOL
19) MLK
20) Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
21) Where The Streets Have No Name / The Playboy Mansion (snippet)
22) Bad / Fool To Cry (snippet) / "40" (snippet)
--encore--
23) Ultraviolet (Light My Way) / My Way (snippet)
24) My Way (snippet) / With Or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet)
25) Moment of Surrender / Drowning Man (snippet)

Come to think of it, they should play that set in Sheffield for the broadcast, or else at Chicago 1 (when I'll be watching!). I think I would implode from happiness in either case.

Uh yeerrrrr :faint:

I'm not sure I would be able to control myself if they play this in the UK. I'm going to London 1&2, Sheffield and Cardiff - watch them play it in Glasgow :doh:

id luv to hear 'Your blue room' live
sumone shud take a cheap minidisc recorder
and record it when waiting in the afternoon:applaud:
if they soundcheck it again

No problem... I'm always happy to inform people about the magic of ZooTV Stockholm. :wink:

Dan, regarding your posts, with your luck, they'll play this setlist on one of the London days:

1) Breathe
2) No Line On The Horizon
3) Get On Your Boots
4) Magnificent / Miss Sarajevo (snippet)
5) Beautiful Day / Whatever (snippet)
6) Electrical Storm
7) One (with Hear Us Coming) / Unchained Melody (snippet)
8) Until the End of the World
9) New Year's Day
10) Drowning Man
11) Your Blue Room / Lemon (snippet)
12) Unknown Caller
13) The Unforgettable Fire
14) City of Blinding Lights
15) Vertigo
16) Krazy Tonite
17) Sunday Bloody Sunday
18) PITNOL
19) MLK
20) Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
21) Where The Streets Have No Name / The Playboy Mansion (snippet)
22) Bad / Fool To Cry (snippet) / "40" (snippet)
--encore--
23) Ultraviolet (Light My Way) / My Way (snippet)
24) My Way (snippet) / With Or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet)
25) Moment of Surrender / Drowning Man (snippet)

Come to think of it, they should play that set in Sheffield for the broadcast, or else at Chicago 1 (when I'll be watching!). I think I would implode from happiness in either case.

Funny thing is, if they played that exact set 3 nights out of 4, people here would complain! :lol:

MY GOD THIS WOULD RULE!

Great that I am at home and not in the stadium because my heart can not take that song I love it too much.

come to think of it :angry:

I didn't hear it, but we came to the stadium later for the second night. We heard Streets and Beautiful Day being soundchecked, BD with vocals, and some other stuff, but not YBR. I think I would have freaked out completely, I so love this song. Interesting choice of songs the boys are rehearsing for this tour. Drowning Man never showed up, at least not until now, but somehow I feel YBR would fit the show very well, it would also be a good addition to the NLOTH and UF songs, very atmsopheric, with a blue lightshow :drool:

Actually, I have a theory: Which famous producer (not known for an over-abundance of hair) co-wrote Your Blue Room and lives in London?

Perhaps they are rehearsing YBR to play it live tomorrow night with said famous producer?

I certainly hope so, as I am going to tomorrow's gig!

Santiago

Someone must have recorded one of these rehearsals :drool:

Of course U2 playing it in the show would work for me too. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom