Your Blue Room.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Is anyone else completely blown away that they played this?

If the entire band came up to me and told me to choose any song they've ever made and they would play it live as a favour to me this would have been it. My favorite U2 song ever bar none and I never thought there was any chance AT ALL that I'd hear it. When I saw the video title on youtube I nearly shat myself.

Thank you U2.

I think it is fantastic that they try it.

In terms of surprise problably the most unexpected song to be ever played.
Only Drowning man can top this. Oh add heartland too while we are at it.

I won't be impressed until they snippet Viva Davidoff in Womanfish. Until then, corporate shills, all of them.

I absolutely love the song. In a weird way, I'm kinda glad the bulk of the Chicago crowd didn't get into it. The song was like my own little intimate moment with the band.

:up: Awesome they're playing it. I seriously did NOT believe it when I saw it on a setlist here. Then I went to youtube and fell off my chair. :lol:

I hope they'll play it in Europe next year too, I'd love to hear it.

The only thing that would make YBR better is to freakin' LET ADAM DO HIS VOCALS. Yeah, that spoken verse just ain't the same without him. :reject:

I would have loved to hear it in Tampa, especially with them doing the Space Chat w/Guy. But I got MW there, and that was all I really wanted.

good thread. good to see something positive posted. hopefully this thread can stay that way. :up:

I agree. I'm extremely glad they've picked it up and have played it more than once or twice, and especially at the show I was at! The only thing that could have made that show better was if they played Until The End Of The World. :drool:

Your Blue Room is great live, but as someone else said, I think they should let Adam recite the last verse in the song. It was a neat idea to have Frank (from the ISS) do it, but it would be great to have Adam "sing" on stage for once!

of course this is a positive thread
it's about a 90s song
so even though the 2nd half of the song even sounds flat on youtube it will have a warm reception here
:up:

I loved seeing YBR in Houston. I really wasn't expecting it, but I started to get my hopes up when Bono mentioned that a bunch of astronauts' families were in the house, and then I nearly died when I saw that the piano was out during Elevation, realizing that it was too early for TUF to be next.

No it is recorded, playback – what a live version ...:doh:

The point is for it to sound ethereal and otherworldly.

I don't care what people say, the first falsetto still sounds like Edge to me, even if it is recorded. The second could be Sinead (although we probably wouldn't consider it falsetto, then), but the first still really sounds like Edge.

i consider the Sinead O'Conner vocals in the same brush as Lou Reed during Satellite of Love during ZooTV. i have no problem with it. and i'm glad they didn't beam in Sinead on the big screen. :up:

You saw me coming round
East by the moon
You saw me coming
But can you feel?

Unmistakably and beautifully Sinead.

When I thought nothing could top Drowning Man as a surprise, along came YBR in time for Tor1 and blew me away. :heart:

I love how you can watch the 'silouette factor' in the video lol. So maybe it doesn't work for 60k average fans, but it touches a few of us in ways that can't be described.

Hey guys? I have an important announcement for everyone:

It's time to go again to your blue room.

Go now! I have some questions to ask of you. So get your asses in there!

Back
Top Bottom