You could almost call the 360 Tour, Lovetown Pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In a week where the members of U2 are getting around in separate cars so they will only be kidnapped by the IRA one at a time, and where Morrissey is only playing a very well known Lou Reed song because he must have read an article that said U2 would be giving a nod to Achtung Baby at Glastonbury, I think ZooTV getting worse with the addition of Zooropa songs is perfectly acceptable.

In a week where the members of U2 are getting around in separate cars so they will only be kidnapped by the IRA one at a time, and where Morrissey is only playing a very well known Lou Reed song because he must have read an article that said U2 would be giving a nod to Achtung Baby at Glastonbury, I think ZooTV getting worse with the addition of Zooropa songs is perfectly acceptable.
that was a very well spent 5,555th post.

Lovetown Pt. 2? Not so sure about that. Zoo TV Pt. 2, though? After last night, it could very well be. :rockon:

After seeing last night's setlist, I'm laughing at this thread. Laughing. So fucking hard. :laugh:

And Earnie? Well played man, well played. :up:

If they normally changed the setlist order as much as they did between the first and second Anaheim shows, then maybe the original post would have a valid point.

Can you imagine if the Lovetown Tour, which started in 1989, kept going until 1991?

That's how I feel about the 360 tour right now.

Lol that's what we are getting at. Now its just a random tour. Thier touring in support if the 360 live dvd. Lol.

Back are gems like Pride

irl lol.

Anyway, this happened on Popmart and Vertigo too. The band gets tired of playing new album tracks people aren't responding to, so they throw in some gems like Pride. How this relates to Lovetown beyond the fact that members of U2 are involved is beyond me.

This is one of the few times U2's done a song live that isn't as good as the studio version, but it's still amazing.

YouTube - ‪U2 - Lemon - Zoo TV: Live From Sydney‬‏

How any U2 fan could not like this is beyond me.

YouTube - ‪U2 - Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Car (Live ZOO TV at Sydney)‬‏

That is a fucking powerhouse of a performance.

You must really hate Macphisto.

Yes! :up:

I thought all of the Zooropa songs that were played live worked really well. And the title track works insanely well today! I don't know how you say Lemon and DGPFYCC weren't good live. :tsk: They're ten times better than Stuck and IALW I can tell you that. I even thought that the crappy audio I have of Babyface worked, but I have to remember that I'm the only one who likes that song.:wink:

Babyface did work, apart from Bono not really deciding whether he would sing the song in higher or lower register, but a couple of performances more and they would nail it.

Daddy's Gonna Pay was a terrific encore opener, and although Lemon didn't match the magnificence that is the studio version and it did rely too heavy on backing tracks (but not as extreme as, say, Crazy Tonight remix), it was an amazing performance. It flowing into With or Without You was one of the great U2 live transitions.

So yeah, Zooropa live only made ZooTV better.

Babyface couldn't work live because Babyface just does not work as a song.

Babyface works on the album IMO, I like it :)

This could only be Lovetown Part 2 if they open Glastonbury with Edge playing the Hawkmoon 269 slide guitar intro.

even johnny cash set to ps1 in-game music?

The album's one and only flaw.

But I even really loved that song when the band played it back in 2005, so there you go. Zooropa is perfect enough for me.

This could only be Lovetown Part 2 if they open Glastonbury with Edge playing the Hawkmoon 269 slide guitar intro.

Best opener idea yet is also the most unlikely. :(

They've strayed so far from the original material and new material from No Line (no North Star, Mercy, Every Breaking Wave played in America) -- gone are No Line, Unknown, Breathe...

Back are gems like Pride, Stay, All I Want Is You...

Not that it's a bad thing, kind of awesome in a way... very reminiscent of Lovetown, more keen on playing the older/rare stuff, less on political message...

"...very reminiscent of Lovetown, more keen on playing the older/rare stuff, less on political message"

Love Town was FULL of new songs / songs of the most recent album of that tours era (Rattle and Hum).

During Love Town U2 played "Hawkmoon 269", "God Part II", "All Along The Watchtower" (all not heard since), "All I Want Is You"... Plus they were playing full band arrangements of "Desire", "When Love Comes To Town" and "Angel of Harlem".

Back
Top Bottom