Yay or Nay on North Star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I approve. If recorded, I hope it'll change and be more than an acoustic guitar and vocals (Bono said that the song's not finished). I feel like it has a lot of potential. I'd rather have it than Stuck. I certainly approve of U2 having the courage to play such a song! Also, the lyrics sound nice.

Also, U2.com notes that they played "an acoustic version" of North Star, which implies that there's another version.

:applaud:Yay! Considering it is a work in progress! I look forward to hearing it when it is done!

I'm kind of over the whole acoustic thing. They only work 2 hours a night, do Adam and Larry really need a break that badly?

It took Stuck's setlist spot, so how am I meant to not say yay?

Least favourite of the three new songs, but I think it has some potential and I don't find it boring or unenjoyable at this early stage.

Neither. It's not awful, but I like Stingray and Glastonbury way more than this.

The chorus is kinda forgettable, and the rest of the song is good but could be much better. I'm sure U2 will make it better as they work on it more, so I'm not worried.

As is, I don't like it much. I agree the lyrics are generic, and the chords are the same as Stuck. I would like to see what they do with it, though.

I think the chorus is generic, but Bono's vocals and the harmony sell it all the way, the verses I do not find generic however, I like them a lot. I look forward to hearing a full band arrangement, but I hope we get to hear non-Bomb era / one-off songs as well and soon!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom