WITS on the next tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
I've just been listing to WITS on my Honolulu bootleg (highly recommended), and a question popped into my head... do you think that WITS will find a place in the next tour? I think it could fit very well as an encore, or even as a concert closer...

However, one thing I noticed is that, in Honolulu, Bono's voice is really better than it had been since the Zoo days (very different than the Zoo days, though)... he might not be able to sing it after a year of touring without real breaks. He used his falsetto liberally in Honolulu (and I assume all the other times that it was played at the end of the fifth Vertigo Tour leg)... I didn't think he was even capable of doing that anymore.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't count on it. They only played it in Honolulu because it had just been released. I suppose it all really depends on the the sound of the new album. I hope the album steers well away from the WITS sound, so I guess I'm hoping its not played next tour.

i agree with the above post-its a nice little song.. but not a concert closer nor do i want more of that sound

no it wont make it on next tour - was part of the vertigo experience only...

I hope we get a few classics mixed in with all their new stuff. WITS / Saints etc have been put to bed.

That song sucks and never should have been released. 404, aka "All My Life" sucks too and sounds like a grating Christian rock song.

shart1780 said:
That song sucks and never should have been released. 404, aka "All My Life" sucks too and sounds like a grating Christian rock song.

holla!

I liked the live version better than the album version, but overall, I enjoyed the live version of Saints more - but the one without Billie Joe, who, IMO, did a horrible job in Honolulu. I don't think they'll go back to play WITS next tour, they played it on some late Vertigo dates because it had just been released as a single.

shart1780 said:

I'm gonna laugh when that turns out to be Northern Star, which everyone's been swooning about, solely based on the title.

digitize said:
I've just been listing to WITS on my Honolulu bootleg (highly recommended), and a question popped into my head... do you think that WITS will find a place in the next tour? I think it could fit very well as an encore, or even as a concert closer...

However, one thing I noticed is that, in Honolulu, Bono's voice is really better than it had been since the Zoo days (very different than the Zoo days, though)... he might not be able to sing it after a year of touring without real breaks. He used his falsetto liberally in Honolulu (and I assume all the other times that it was played at the end of the fifth Vertigo Tour leg)... I didn't think he was even capable of doing that anymore.

Thoughts?

Hopefully, YES! This song should be played also to the rest of the world. I want to listen to tunes like this, who are rather fresh. Same goes to "Wave Of Sorrow". "Windows" is a kind of bridge from the last album to today, it is still relevant, a step forward – and the old stuff has been repeated too many times.

I think WITS was only played because it coincided with the release of U218 (arguably the setlists for the final Vertigo leg doubled up as promo for the greatest hits at that time). I'd be very surprised if it's played again in future, although since this is U2 we're talking about, anything's possible. There's better songs in their back catalogue that are due a live return (or, in some cases, to be performed at all).

Back
Top Bottom