Will we hear Fez LIve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smileymbcastard

War Child
Hi Interferers

I loved ultraviolet. Geeze i htink ill be sad if i dont hear it in Toronto. HEHE maybe they will play electrical storm. ok ok enough of the past

Will they play PEZ-being born. I am damn sure they can some how fit this in.

I suspect someone fomr the band or band management reads this forum casue that is why we have Unforgettabl fire.

So lets all petition for Fez-being born

i would love to hear it. it's my favorite song from the new album. right now, i kind of doubt it, but it's a long tour, who knows?

Yeah i love the way it starts and then changes. I think it would be a good intro like they play the fez part while the band walks on and then bang the being born part.

Wasn't Bono supposed to be doing characters for this show.

I doubt it. It's a song that 'regular' fans don't really like. With Rarities like UF And UV it's pretty safe, still. As much as I would LOVE to have this happen, it'd be the most awesome opener ever, I doubt it.

Yeah i love the way it starts and then changes. I think it would be a good intro like they play the fez part while the band walks on and then bang the being born part.

Agreed. They should play an extended version of Fez with the lights turned down - and then open the show with a blistering version of Being Born. It would give a similar feeling as when they opened Zoo TV with Zoo Station (not the most popular song on the record but a very important mood-setter). I think Breathe is too obvious a choice for an opener and should come in, say, third...right after Being Born and Magnificent.

Fez is an obvious opener. But Breathe? I don't understand what the band is thinking with this album. They have one of their best albums in over a decade and they choose stupid singles, a terrible setlist order, and leave off one of the most obvious (and potentially earth-shattering) openers ever.

Whoever they have on board that is giving them this advice needs to be fired. And if it is simply the band making these decisions, they have lost their touch.

Fez is an obvious opener. But Breathe? I don't understand what the band is thinking with this album. They have one of their best albums in over a decade and they choose stupid singles, a terrible setlist order, and leave off one of the most obvious (and potentially earth-shattering) openers ever.

Whoever they have on board that is giving them this advice needs to be fired. And if it is simply the band making these decisions, they have lost their touch.

While I disagree with you that this is the best Album U2 has had in the last decade (In my opinion it is quite possibly their worst ever) I think that Fez would be the best song to open to open their shows with. Breathe is an alright song but it definatly is not a show opener as compared to Streets, Zoo Station, or City of Blinding Lights.

He is:

medium.jpg

masks are not characters. I hpe he stops the mask crap when he gets to NA.

NO more calls to the moon please. Macphisto was fun he called politicians in character. Bono calling captain vladimir is lame, very lame, very egomaniacal.

We want FEZ-Being born as opener:wave:

YES! I just posted this in another thread before I saw this. I totally thought they would choose it as an opener too.

U2.......FEZ AS AN OPENER PLEASE! :yes:

I really think it would sound great! FEZ could be the intro into the final encore, with the beginning played over the speakers and then the band comes in for Being Born... I think it would be great! :)

Yeah, I was waiting for two things; Fez as the opener and Drowning Man.

0 for 2

Hopefully by the time the Vegas and LA shows.........?

Agreed. They should play an extended version of Fez with the lights turned down - and then open the show with a blistering version of Being Born. It would give a similar feeling as when they opened Zoo TV with Zoo Station (not the most popular song on the record but a very important mood-setter)........... "

nice presentation!

I could def go for that!:hyper:

I LOVE Zoo Station!!! one of my fave 5 on A/B........

FEZ-Being Born would be a great opener for the show. It's my favorite song from the album and I think one of U2's best songs overall. I think it would really set the mood for the show by opening with a recorded track of FEZ and then starting Being Born. I believe at one point they were thinking of opening the album with it. F-BB seems likes it's made to open a concert and have a great light show and other screen visuals as well.

I was rooting for Fez-Being Born as the opener. The Fez intro as the PA music while they come on stage (fading out with the repeated "let me in the sound..."), then the band taking the stage and bursting into Being Born would be amazing.

I also wanted Cedars of Lebanon as the closer... :(

Once again, my favorite band leaves my favorite songs from their newest album out of their live shows...Acrobat, When I Look at the World, Yahweh (at least in full band version, they did a half-assed almost-acoustic version)....

Really wish they would have the courage at this point to drop the "greatest hits" set list and be more adventurous. I wonder if Bono's extracurricular political/social stuff is cutting into their preparation/rehearsal time too much, so they have to fall back on old war horses?

I don't think there's a chance, which is a shame since it's the album's best song and it would absolutely kill. If any song is made to be played with that insane staging, it's Fez-Being Born.

Agreed. They should play an extended version of Fez with the lights turned down - and then open the show with a blistering version of Being Born. It would give a similar feeling as when they opened Zoo TV with Zoo Station (not the most popular song on the record but a very important mood-setter). I think Breathe is too obvious a choice for an opener and should come in, say, third...right after Being Born and Magnificent.
Finally somebody agrees with me. Breathe is no opener (no way, this is the worst opener for U2 in the last 15/29 years). FEZ as the intro and BB as the first song would be perfect!

I personally think it'll emerge in the later legs of the tour, though I don't think its really a song that'd be easy to play.

I don't think there's a chance, which is a shame since it's the album's best song and it would absolutely kill. If any song is made to be played with that insane staging, it's Fez-Being Born.

Agree totally. The best song on the album by miles. It would be devastating live. A great idea would be to use it as the intro but just have the band playing. No singing from Bono. It would be surreal. Such a mighty piece of music.

There is no way this song is opening much less being played period. In the bottom of the barrel in terms of the song rankings on the album. Breathe may not be the best, but this would move into 'worst opener ever' spot the second it gets played.

Using the "Fez only" portion of the song and then "let me in the sound" followed by the awards show version of GOYB...THAT is a great idea, that would be the best opening (outside of Magnificent done in one of the remix styles, but I don't think they'd do that).

Back
Top Bottom