Will we ever hear The Fly again? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-15-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
Refugee
 
europop2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,420
Local Time: 09:10 AM
Will we ever hear The Fly again?

That stage screams Fly...but...nothing
__________________

europop2005 is offline  
Old 09-15-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
nirniva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Da U.P., eh?
Posts: 4,459
Local Time: 09:10 AM
They'll definitely play The Fly again...it's one of their most classic '90s songs. Whether they'll play it again on this tour is a matter of debate.
 
I hope they do...The Claw and The Fly would be perfect together.
__________________

nirniva is offline  
Old 09-15-2010, 05:05 PM   #3
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 03:10 PM
It was played on most nights last tour.. they're just giving it a rest. I'm sure it'll be back..
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 09-15-2010, 05:27 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
CTU2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,366
Local Time: 09:10 AM
I agree...remember they also left it off of Popmart. Personally I'm a huge fan of Fly, IMO it should be an every-night type of thing, basically the 90's counterpart to Streets.
CTU2fan is offline  
Old 09-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict
 
bono_man2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the wrong band
Posts: 28,452
Local Time: 12:10 AM
Probably due to come in at some stage. Although I think it would possibly be on th Aussie or next North American Leg. Though, I'm doubting its even on the bands radar.
bono_man2002 is offline  
Old 09-15-2010, 06:20 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
catlhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 5,665
Local Time: 06:10 AM
Since it showed up heavily on Elevation and Vertigo, I don't think it is coming back as a regular any time soon. Such a shame too considering they have this great stage that would pair up nicely with it.
catlhere is offline  
Old 09-16-2010, 11:03 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
cleazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toledo
Posts: 6,553
Local Time: 09:10 AM
There's no way they'll never play The Fly ever again, it's just too good of a live song.

We're only on Leg 3 of the 360 Tour, just wait until Leg 6 rolls around next year. And if not then, then surely on the next tour.
cleazer is offline  
Old 09-16-2010, 08:54 PM   #8
War Child
 
xtrmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 578
Local Time: 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleazer View Post
There's no way they'll never play The Fly ever again, it's just too good of a live song.

We're only on Leg 3 of the 360 Tour, just wait until Leg 6 rolls around next year. And if not then, then surely on the next tour.
Judging on U2's latest setlist-choices:
There's no way they'll ever play The Fly again, it's just too good of a live song.
xtrmx is offline  
Old 09-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
nirniva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Da U.P., eh?
Posts: 4,459
Local Time: 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU2fan View Post
I agree...remember they also left it off of Popmart. Personally I'm a huge fan of Fly, IMO it should be an every-night type of thing, basically the 90's counterpart to Streets.
I am in full support of this idea.
nirniva is offline  
Old 09-17-2010, 12:03 AM   #10
Refugee
 
U2387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,270
Local Time: 09:10 AM
Yep, most people here are right!

It will be back at some point, more than likely this tour.

They were going with something that didn't get represented on Popmart, Elevation and Vertigo when they put in Ultraviolet.

I hope they keep Ultraviolet and drop or rotate MW and Until the end with Real Thing and Fly respectively. Hell, scratch that.

Drop Elevation straight up for The Fly. Keep "End of The World" that's too good of a live song.
U2387 is offline  
Old 09-17-2010, 08:34 AM   #11
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,877
Local Time: 09:10 AM
Meh...as long as we don't get Until The End of The World again, sure. I know everyone here's all gaga for it but imo it's time to give UTEOTW a rest for a full tour, they're not performing it with the same energy anymore.

What would be seriously aces would be Lady With The Spinning Head a la the extended remix. Imagine that opening up the encore. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!


 



gvox is offline  
Old 09-17-2010, 09:43 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
nirniva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Da U.P., eh?
Posts: 4,459
Local Time: 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2387 View Post
Drop Elevation straight up for The Fly. Keep "End of The World" that's too good of a live song.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
What would be seriously aces would be Lady With The Spinning Head a la the extended remix. Imagine that opening up the encore. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
nirniva is offline  
Old 09-17-2010, 10:24 AM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,153
Local Time: 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Meh...as long as we don't get Until The End of The World again, sure. I know everyone here's all gaga for it but imo it's time to give UTEOTW a rest for a full tour, they're not performing it with the same energy anymore.

What would be seriously aces would be Lady With The Spinning Head a la the extended remix. Imagine that opening up the encore. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
Both would be

I love the breakdown in UTEOTW lately eg:

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

From 2:58 onwards and the chimey thing from 4:01 onwards

Maybe they want to see if they can top previous versions but don't know how. Each tour's The Fly has had it's own style. Sincerely hope they rediscover it for Australia
kabigon is offline  
Old 09-17-2010, 03:21 PM   #14
War Child
 
garciaricky0019's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mimami, Florida
Posts: 527
Local Time: 09:10 AM
An online member at the @U2forum claims that there are rumors flying around that THE FLY's cousin a/k/a

 
Lady With a Spinning Head

...was rehearsed as of late?

...Any truth to this statement?
garciaricky0019 is offline  
Old 09-17-2010, 03:39 PM   #15
Refugee
 
brooklynmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Like landing a 747 onto your front lawn
Posts: 2,051
Local Time: 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabigon View Post
Both would be

I love the breakdown in UTEOTW lately eg:

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

From 2:58 onwards and the chimey thing from 4:01 onwards

Maybe they want to see if they can top previous versions but don't know how. Each tour's The Fly has had it's own style. Sincerely hope they rediscover it for Australia
You're right, the breakdown here is awesome.

My favorite UTEOTW breakdown (and only one previous to the one posted above that I'm aware of that has the extended breakdown) was from Santiago.



LNOE in Santiago was also the best version for it's breakdown.

Wha oh ohhh
__________________

brooklynmike is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com