Will we ever hear The Fly again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They'll definitely play The Fly again...it's one of their most classic '90s songs. Whether they'll play it again on this tour is a matter of debate.
I hope they do...The Claw and The Fly would be perfect together. :pray:

I agree...remember they also left it off of Popmart. Personally I'm a huge fan of Fly, IMO it should be an every-night type of thing, basically the 90's counterpart to Streets.

Probably due to come in at some stage. Although I think it would possibly be on th Aussie or next North American Leg. Though, I'm doubting its even on the bands radar.

Since it showed up heavily on Elevation and Vertigo, I don't think it is coming back as a regular any time soon. Such a shame too considering they have this great stage that would pair up nicely with it.

There's no way they'll never play The Fly ever again, it's just too good of a live song.

We're only on Leg 3 of the 360 Tour, just wait until Leg 6 rolls around next year. And if not then, then surely on the next tour.

There's no way they'll never play The Fly ever again, it's just too good of a live song.

We're only on Leg 3 of the 360 Tour, just wait until Leg 6 rolls around next year. And if not then, then surely on the next tour.
Judging on U2's latest setlist-choices:
There's no way they'll ever play The Fly again, it's just too good of a live song.

I agree...remember they also left it off of Popmart. Personally I'm a huge fan of Fly, IMO it should be an every-night type of thing, basically the 90's counterpart to Streets.
I am in full support of this idea. :up:

Yep, most people here are right!

It will be back at some point, more than likely this tour.

They were going with something that didn't get represented on Popmart, Elevation and Vertigo when they put in Ultraviolet.

I hope they keep Ultraviolet and drop or rotate MW and Until the end with Real Thing and Fly respectively. Hell, scratch that.

Drop Elevation straight up for The Fly. Keep "End of The World" that's too good of a live song.

Meh...as long as we don't get Until The End of The World again, sure. I know everyone here's all gaga for it but imo it's time to give UTEOTW a rest for a full tour, they're not performing it with the same energy anymore.

What would be seriously aces would be Lady With The Spinning Head a la the extended remix. Imagine that opening up the encore. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit :up: :up:

Meh...as long as we don't get Until The End of The World again, sure. I know everyone here's all gaga for it but imo it's time to give UTEOTW a rest for a full tour, they're not performing it with the same energy anymore.

What would be seriously aces would be Lady With The Spinning Head a la the extended remix. Imagine that opening up the encore. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit :up: :up:

Both would be :drool:

I love the breakdown in UTEOTW lately eg:

[youtube]BePrgjDTb54[/youtube]

From 2:58 onwards and the chimey thing from 4:01 onwards :drool:

Maybe they want to see if they can top previous versions but don't know how. Each tour's The Fly has had it's own style. Sincerely hope they rediscover it for Australia :up:

An online member at the @U2forum claims that there are rumors flying around that THE FLY's cousin a/k/a

Lady With a Spinning Head
...was rehearsed as of late?

...Any truth to this statement? :hmm:

Both would be :drool:

I love the breakdown in UTEOTW lately eg:

[youtube]BePrgjDTb54[/youtube]

From 2:58 onwards and the chimey thing from 4:01 onwards :drool:

Maybe they want to see if they can top previous versions but don't know how. Each tour's The Fly has had it's own style. Sincerely hope they rediscover it for Australia :up:

You're right, the breakdown here is awesome.

My favorite UTEOTW breakdown (and only one previous to the one posted above that I'm aware of that has the extended breakdown) was from Santiago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssIAonIukD0

LNOE in Santiago was also the best version for it's breakdown.

Wha oh ohhh

An online member at the @U2forum claims that there are rumors flying around that THE FLY's cousin a/k/a

Suuuuuuuure. That'll happen when they play Mer-
...You know what, never mind.

I would spontaneously combust if this happened
EDM over UV1 of course
:drool:

And anyone browsing here probably knows what The Fly's cousin refers to so spoiler tags a bit redundant :wink:

Edit: Do anyone have a link to this page? Only one I can find is the mention of this very thread being talked about :huh:

As slim as chances are that they would ever pay that, it becomes even slimmer while they're regularly playing Ultraviolet.

As slim as chances are that they would ever pay that, it becomes even slimmer while they're regularly playing Ultraviolet.
Maybe they'll do a big snippet like they did with Discotheque in Crazy Tonight? Not QUITE as cool, but still.

Back
Top Bottom