Will U2 Shock Us With A ZooTV type Setlist this time around?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Remember when the first leg of Zoo TV opened? Remember what the boys did? They opened each show with 8 straight new songs off of AB! Totally screwed with everyone. I even remember an MTV news clip back then when Bono said some of the "pop" kids might not like it, but that they didn't need them.

So, do you think U2 are so high on this album that we could be in for a repeat? That is, opening each show with 7 or 8 straight new songs before going into their back catalogue?

Personally, I'd love to see it happen. Let's see. Maybe:

NLOTH
Get On Your Boots
Breathe
I'll Go Crazy
Moment of Surrender
Stand Up Comedy
Magnificent
White As Snow

Later in the setlist we'd see Unknown Caller & Cedars. That would be 10 of 11 new songs. They played 10 songs off of AB regularly during First Leg of ZooTV. I left Fez-Being Born off as I don't see it being played live, but I could be totally wrong.

So, what do you all think?

pretty much 100% agree, I would pair up Breathe with Cedars as a last 2 song encore...unlike zoo tv I would have a first encore like vertigo did, and maybe end that one with unknown caller...problem is both unknown caller and cedars should close the appropriate bit...caller has the deal where bono can walk off two minutes before the end of the song and let edge do his thing, and I think cedars will be the same way...cedars will be cedars but it wont stop dead, they can work the guitar and bass part as an extended ending. Im struggling to figure out what songs should go with this thing, besides vertigo and beatiful day...I think streets still will be there somewhere near the end of the main set, probably still stuck with one....think ultraviolet would work nice with these songs since the rest of zoo tv era stuff been played into the ground the last few tours.

Back
Top Bottom