Will U2 have the balls to play POP on the 360 Tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bizkitgto

Acrobat
Best album of all time (IMO), best tour of all time.....and yet the band is scared sh#$less of playing it live (do they have some sort of adverse psychological reaction where Pop = Fear??). Just because they rushed the album and had no time to rehearse the Tour is no excuse to can Pop for all eternity, I know how crappy the 1st leg on Popmart was, but that's not the album's fault, it's due to a lack of preparation.....

Whose with me? :D

Just a few hits off the album....any songs would be great: Disco/LNOE/Mofo + Gone/Please.

i hope they play something off Pop - i love that album, it's up there in my big 3

they didn't completely ignore it on the last two tours but yes, not a lot of material was covered.

I would like to see Please and Gone definitely, Wake Up Dead Man would be good as well. Given the size and scope this time around Mofo and Discotheque could work - I'm not holding my breath for LNOE though, didn't Edge say he wasn't crazy about that one or am I not remembering that correct?

Chance for 1 song from POP each night has to be at least 50%. I'm still clueless as to what the 360 setlist will be.

The notion that it takes "balls" to play anything off this album or that they are scared makes me :rolleyes:

They played more Pop than October last tour, would anyone say the same thing about that album?

I liked the Elevation's version of Gone.

Disco didn't really work for me last tour, in fact that song never really worked for me...

I could see Please coming back, and would love to hear MOFO.

The notion that it takes "balls" to play anything off this album or that they are scared makes me :rolleyes:

They played more Pop than October last tour, would anyone say the same thing about that album?

Disco didn't really work for me last tour, in fact that song never really worked for me...

lol, actually, when you think about it, they played more October (Gloria) than they did Pop last tour.

lol, actually, when you think about it, they played more October (Gloria) than they did Pop last tour.

AB + JT usually get good representation during live concerts, I'm suggesting Pop should be included. IMO, the Boy/War/October stuff played on the last tour - doesn't belong in stadiums.

i just pulled up pop on my ipod...

12 years later i still wish they would have done 'Playboy Mansion' in 97, i always pictured it with edge on one of those country-style slide guitars.

if i was laying money down, i'd bet on one of these two:
- miami (because i'd probably get good odds)
- please

who's going to start the "Will U2 have the balls to play anything off from Zooropa on the 360 tour?" thread?

-dan

Here's some more info on playing stuff 12-13 years old (that's Pop by the way...). Adam's interview off u2miracle.com.

New video of Adam Clayton from a secret location known as the batcueva.

Adam: "Aquí estamos en esta secreta localización en algún lugar del mundo, también conocida como la cueva de los murciélagos y aquí estamos trabajando en el nuevo espectáculo, bueno no debería decir espectáculo, estamos simplemente trabajando en la música sobre el escenario, pero al final se convertirá en un espectáculo. Los ensayos están yendo realmente bien y canciones que nosotros creíamos imposibles de tocar empiezan a sonar realmente bien, algunas canciones que siempre habíamos mencionado que eran intocables y algunas que no hemos tocado en 13 ó 14 años".​
Adam: "Here we are in this secret location somewhere in the world, also known as the bat cave, and here we are working on the new show, good show should not say we are just working on music on stage, but end will become a spectacle. The trials are going really well, and songs that we thought impossible to start playing sounds really good, some songs I have always said that they were untouchable and some we have not played in 13 or 14 years. "

A sólo 21 días del comienzo de la gira en Barcelona Adam ha publicado un nuevo video desde un lugar secreto, en algún lugar del mundo...​
Only 21 days of the start of the tour in Barcelona Adam has released a new video from a secret location, somewhere in the world ...
también conocido como "la batcueva"​
also known as "the batcueva"
Gracias a Luz por la información.​
Thanks for the information to light.

U2Miracle.com - El portal de U2 en espa?ol - Ultimas Noticias, No Line On The Horizon, U2 360? Tour, Foros, U2 Television, U23D, Conciertos, Biografias, Discografia, Multimedia, Fotos U2

I Will Follow
Gloria
Sunday Bloody Sunday
October
New Year's Day

all sounded great when I saw them played in a stadium on Joshua Tree tour.

indoor/outdoor doesn't matter. a good song is a good song in any venue

Actually IMO Discotheque worked better on the Vertigo Tour than it did for the PopMart Tour.I definitely could see Please coming back as well.

i just pulled up pop on my ipod...

12 years later i still wish they would have done 'Playboy Mansion' in 97, i always pictured it with edge on one of those country-style slide guitars.

if i was laying money down, i'd bet on one of these two:
- miami (because i'd probably get good odds)
- please

who's going to start the "Will U2 have the balls to play anything off from Zooropa on the 360 tour?" thread?

-dan
Yes I think it would be cool to hear them play Playboy Mansion.

I can give a few good reasons why some Pop tunes might be played.

-Popmart was a stadium only show. U2 360 is a stadium only show. Pop was made for stadiums. Songs like Mofo, Gone, LNOE, Please, & Discotheque were excellent songs live.

-Pop hasn't been played much on the last 2 tours. While on the Vertigo tour, JT, AB, & Boy were the albums well represented.

-And Bono was talking about watching the Mexico City concert during the NLOTH promotion. Bragging about how great they were during that performance.

-Based on the stage (that beast of a thing called the crawl), especially with the orange dots/tacks, video screen, wouldn't Pop songs sound/look great :hmm:

I would have to get a feel for the 360 show before I say for sure, but I'd bet good money that absolutely nothing will be played from Pop or Zooropa, save maybe an acoustic Stay or Staring at the sun, or Wake up dead man in it's standard snippet form.

Oh, did they play Gloria? I forgot they even played that...

Gloria was done 19 times on Vertigo (across three legs); Discotheque was done twice (both times on the third leg). That was the extent of representation for either October or Pop, though we know Mofo was soundchecked during the third leg - definitely in Toronto and Atlanta. I am not aware of any October songs other than Gloria being soundchecked or otherwise rehearsed.

I would cry with joy to hear something from pop..its a shame that U2 dont know how many fans actually like and that now, i think people are begining to like it..BOUT FUCKING TIME!!!

Back
Top Bottom