Will it bomb? [spoiler]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
Dont get me wrong, i love the song Drowning Man....BUT....i think it may bore a large percentage of the crowd who, IMHO, the song will be foreign to.
In my experience, lots of people who liked the first few albums lost interest in u2 probabaly from AB onwards....and i think probably that most of the crowd will be made up of fans from JT onwards.
So....im thinking the inclusion of DM, will prove a risky move and may send a lot of fans to sleep!
Id be intrested to hear what fans who have got into u2 during or after JT album have to say? Im quite prepared to be wrong tho. Would much rather have seen an upbeat classic being reintroduced. A Day Without Me or 11 o clock tick tock anyone?:drool:
Discuss

i think so, if they even play it.

of all the "rare" songs idk why they picked that one.

Is it being played/rehearsed? Sorry, I wouldnt know. I have been avoiding all setlist threads so I can have some surprises.

Ta.

PS - can you not post song names in thread titles for the sake of others not wanting to know songs being played?

Surely quite a lot of people in the crowd will have the War album??

Is it being played/rehearsed? Sorry, I wouldnt know. I have been avoiding all setlist threads so I can have some surprises.

Ta.

PS - can you not post song names in thread titles for the sake of others not wanting to know songs being played?

Erm...well......would it not maybe make more sense for you to avoid the "u2 set lists" thread if your wanting to avoid finding out about possible songs to be played.
I dont think it is unreasonable to post such things in a set list thread!

Yeah, this should have a spoiler tag in place of the song name in the title. Very often, this thread title will be displaying on the front page, and thus will be difficult to avoid (you'd only know to avoid it after you'd read it).

plus there are other discussions going on in here not revealing rehearsal details.

PS - as much as I adore Drowning Man, it may bomb in a stadium setting so far after its release.

well, U2 pulled out songs like An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, The Ocean, Out Of Control, The First Time, and Fast Cars last tour, and those songs didn't bomb.

It will most likely be dropped from the setlist by my Chicago show. But at least we'll always have the youtube clips. Somebody get a good one!!!

well, U2 pulled out songs like An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, The Ocean, Out Of Control, The First Time, and Fast Cars last tour, and those songs didn't bomb.
Into The Heart is my favourite ever song because it was the track that put me onto U2 back in 1980 , but unfortunately it bombed in Europe except for Dublin 3 I think so I have still never heard this live.
Going to Dublin 1 which is quite early in the tour hopefully Drowning Man will stay in the set and I will get to hear my favourite WAR song live.

exactly.

It will be a great moment for all the fans that apprciate some of their earlier work.
And I agree with the statement that if you do not want to know the setlist, stay away from this forum area.

^ ummm, should this thread title be changed slightly, given that there is a thread on this page for people who don't want the setlist ruined?

dan....i find slightly incredible that people wishing not to know set lists should feel the need to come into a set list forum. And can we get back on topic please

Since when are we caring about what the general audience at a U2 concert thinks about a song? I thought this is the forum where everyone wanted U2 to play rarities that only fans know and drop the old warehorses? I'm confused :scratch:

To hell with the 00's-only fans, kids being the exception... I guess :wink:

Exactly, this should close the thread.

Would much rather have seen an upbeat classic being reintroduced. A Day Without Me

I love how you think DM may be a risky move but then say this. :lol:

Do you honestly think the JT or beyond fans will know this one over a War track? Plus I think it's funny that a song about suicide is considered an upbeat classic that will get the audience going more than DM.

dan....i find slightly incredible that people wishing not to know set lists should feel the need to come into a set list forum. And can we get back on topic please

I find it slightly incredible that you still dont realise that you can see the title of the thread in the 'U2 360 Central - 2009/2010' area, without going into the Setlists forum.

I love how you think DM may be a risky move but then say this. :lol:

Do you honestly think the JT or beyond fans will know this one over a War track? Plus I think it's funny that a song about suicide is considered an upbeat classic that will get the audience going more than DM.

I am talking in musical tempo terms ya fud!
I think that most u2 fans familiar with Drowning Man will be well aware of A Day Without Me.

exactly.

It will be a great moment for all the fans that apprciate some of their earlier work.
And I agree with the statement that if you do not want to know the setlist, stay away from this forum area.

:up::up::up:it is smpy awesome, that they want to play this gem!!!!

"Since when are we caring about what the general audience at a U2 concert thinks about a song? I thought this is the forum where everyone wanted U2 to play rarities that only fans know and drop the old warehorses? I'm confused :scratch:"

Exactly. I've never understood why people here care about what order singles are released in, how they will be received on the charts, and how the overall crowd will react if they break out an old, unexpected gem. Who gives a F*#@? I care much more about what my own personal enjoyment is, and if they play songs like Drowning man, Unforgettable Fire, and other somewhat forgotten songs, I imagine I and most other U2 diehards will be thrilled. That matters a lot more to me than what some 18 year old who has very little U2 history thinks.

I think some people overestimate the ratio of casual to knowledgeable fans at U2 concerts. I don't think it makes sense to just predict that only a handful of people will know a song from one of their more well known/liked albums. War is pretty popular. DM isn't one of the signature songs on it, but I'm sure it won't just end with polite golf clapping. There will still be cheers and "woo!" "yeah!"

I think some people overestimate the ratio of casual to knowledgeable fans at U2 concerts. I don't think it makes sense to just predict that only a handful of people will know a song from one of their more well known/liked albums. War is pretty popular. DM isn't one of the signature songs on it, but I'm sure it won't just end with polite golf clapping. There will still be cheers and "woo!" "yeah!"
besides, if the performance is good people are still going to get into it.

they're more likely to get into drowning man than a sleepy acoustic version of mysterious ways.

btw, surely this thread title is a spoiler.

Back
Top Bottom