Will Gone make an appearance now that MJ has passed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If Coke is a mystery
Michael Jackson...History
If beauty is truth
And surgery the fountain of youth
What am I to do
Have I got the gift to get me through
The gates of that mansion

We'll go driving in that pool
It's who you know that gets you through
The gates of the Playboy mansion
But they don't mention...the pain

Then will there be no time for sorrow
Then will there be no time for shame
Then will there be no time for sorrow
Then will there be no time for shame

I doubt Gone has anything to do with this at all. Snippetry I can see happen. Anyone Remember, I think it was ZooTv Dublin where he talked about MJ before Bad? :hmm:

Perhaps IALW, perhaps snippets.

Michael Jackson, if your ou there I dont believe your bad......guilty before givent he chance to be...and then the edge begins his magic. I used to have it on tape. I havent heard that in years. I was thinking about this last night.

Michael Jackson, if your ou there I dont believe your bad......guilty before givent he chance to be...and then the edge begins his magic. I used to have it on tape. I havent heard that in years. I was thinking about this last night.

If you want to hear it again, I can upload an mp3 for you. Got the whole bootleg of that show.

I always associated this song with Bono's comment on the general creative crisis, about perceptions and attitudes toward him and the band from the 'bleeding ear brigade'.

In a nutshell, answering the sell-out charge with "already gone, been that way all along".

Whereas Michael Jackson was always a pure pop star, never was associated with any snobbish scenes and all of his trouble was brought onto himself for diddling kids.

So, I don't really see a correlation besides a twisting of Gone's original meaning.

Better U2 should dedicate "Twilight" to him.
In the shadow, boy meets man.

Sorry, I find the general reaction to his death to be...nevermind.

I always associated this song with Bono's comment on the general creative crisis, about perceptions and attitudes toward him and the band from the 'bleeding ear brigade'.

In a nutshell, answering the sell-out charge with "already gone, been that way all along".

Whereas Michael Jackson was always a pure pop star, never was associated with any snobbish scenes and all of his trouble was brought onto himself for diddling kids.

So, I don't really see a correlation besides a twisting of Gone's original meaning.

Better U2 should dedicate "Twilight" to him.
In the shadow, boy meets man.

Sorry, I find the general reaction to his death to be...nevermind.

There are a lot of people out there who loved Michael and grew up with his music, and lots of them are heartbroken these days. No matter what you can say about his personal life, but you have to respect that the music world has lost a great icon. I think the jokes are tasteless.

If they can dedicate Running to Stand Still to the Us troups in Iraque, they can as well dedicate a song to MJ.

There are a lot of people out there who loved Michael and grew up with his music, and lots of them are heartbroken these days. No matter what you can say about his personal life, but you have to respect that the music world has lost a great icon. I think the jokes are tasteless.

If they can dedicate Running to Stand Still to the Us troups in Iraque, they can as well dedicate a song to MJ.

Right, but hopefully they do not play "Gone" ...

Yeah, I don't really know what might take the great Bono so long to say something when everyone else in the business has been commenting. I mean he opens his mouth to comment on everything and anything. Strange.

Still I think there will be tributes.

Why hasn't anyone picked up on Playboy Mansion? It even names him! Isn't it about a person (Bono?) conflicted about the life they've had and whether or not they'll make it thru the gates? It's about death, that's for sure!

it went something like: "to michael jackson, I don't believe you're bad. Guilty before you have been given a chance man". and yes it was dublin aug 1993

man my memory is still :rockon:

"yo, Michael Jackson, if you're out there, I don't believe you're bad. Guilty before you have been given a chance man."

to be completely accurate :wink:

re: Sydney ZooTV – at that time Jackson had just been hit with his first child molestation charges, or public claims at least, and had done a runner. Initially no-one was sure where he was, think he turned up in Bangkok? Or he was already away and claiming illness or something and wouldn’t return to the US. Something like that. Anyway, Bono ditched a MJ reference in that MacPhisto speech as people thought at the time that MJ might have been in a bit of trouble. Bono didn’t want to wake up in the morning and find that MJ had topped himself, and he’d given him shit just the night before.

Bono was going to say "Goodbye Michael...I hope you get your new penis"
but then he pictured Michael offing himself and it was just not in good taste.
And so he chucked it at the very last minute.
I guess the boy could identify Michael's "member" and Michael wanted to have plastic surgery to remove any evidence- that the boy could properly identify and therefore prove Michael's guilt.

Has Bono made a comment regarding Jackson's death and/or funeral? That's all I'm wanting to know.

Back
Top Bottom