Will Boots get the Boot? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:53 AM
Will Boots get the Boot?

Anyone thing "Boots" will be dropped next year to make room for the new material? And, does anyone think they'll still open with "Breathe"? They won't be promoting "No Sales on the Horizon" anymore

SMB

Old 10-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #2
has a

Local Time: 12:53 AM
I think Boots will stay, but I've got to believe 1-2 of the opening NLOTH songs may be dropped, Mag, NLOTH or Breathe.

Maybe this 2nd Leg is U2 practicing mixing up the setlist more for next summer. With SOA and NLOTH, they'll have so many songs to rotate.

I think Boots will be played more often than not next summer.

Mark

Old 10-03-2009, 12:11 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:53 AM
No. Boots is one of their best live songs and rocks very hard. It stands next to songs like Vertigo and Elevation when it comes to audience participation. I've never been a big fan of the song, but it's amazing live, together with the Crazy Remix. U2 would be stupid to drop these two. I hope they add more new stuff instead of dropping it.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:15 PM   #4
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:53 AM
If SOA is really released in the spring, Boots, Crazy Tonight, and possibly Magnificent will stay. The rest will be dropped or rotated. And if SOA turns out to sell well, then I think U2 will be more willing to move on from NLOTH.

Alot of people are going to strongly disagree with me, but if SOA is released, I think they should completely overhaul the setlist. They should drop The Unforgettable Fire, Ultraviolet, Walk On, etc. I LOVED hearing these songs on the tour, but with them dropped, U2 has the chance to bring out some new gems and give them some tour time.

Also, it's one thing to have similar setlists when there is only a few months between legs (IE the first and third legs of the Vertigo Tour). However, I think people coming to their second (or third or whatever) shows when there is, in some cases, going to be almost a year between shows will be really pissed if they are essentially seeing the same show with a few new songs thrown in. And I'm not even really talking about die hard U2 fans, I'm talking more about the casual U2 fan who might've seen them this year and were blown away by the production and want to see U2 again with a new album to promote.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:19 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

If SOA as a mediative experimental album actually got released its likely that a lot of it wouldn't be played live, I think they'd try and do a ZooTV like mix of both albums, instead of dropping NLOTH down to just a few songs. Boots is the one getting the most excitement out of the crowd, it'll be UC, MOS and Breathe are the ones that are the likely first victims, but I think some ATYCLB would fade out too. Magnificent will likely take on the lasting life COBL has seen so I don't see them dropping it. NLOTH will probably remain on this tour to keep that name in the air.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #6
Refugee

Local Time: 06:53 AM
Boots kind of lacks that punch for it live... if they did Breathe / Boots / I Will Follow (Or Out Of Control) -- it'd be a nice change...

Breathe
Get On Your Boots
Out Of Control
Beautiful Day
Old 10-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by last unicorn View Post
No. Boots is one of their best live songs
Say what?
Old 10-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #8
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by djerdap View Post
Say what?
It does get a very strong crowd reaction and response.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:53 AM
If SOA comes out before leg 3 there will be some NLOTH songs dropped but I don't think it'll be Boots.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #10
New Yorker

It gets a strong reaction cause most of the crowd gets bored with the first two songs, then Boots starts and people are like 'yay, i know this one! my 250 bucks may not have gone completely down the drain'

SMB
Old 10-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Bonneau View Post
It gets a strong reaction cause most of the crowd gets bored with the first two songs, then Boots starts and people are like 'yay, i know this one! my 250 bucks may not have gone completely down the drain'

SMB
Casual fans...
Old 10-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #12
Galeonbroad

No. It's great live, THOUGH you don't LIKE it so others obviously can't like it too.

FACE IT

casual fans AND more hardcore fans ALL love songs like Boots, Elevation and Vertigo. In the pit it's a party when those songs are played and everybody jumps along anyway.

They will NEVER all be dropped. I can see Vertigo become a rotating song the next tour, but it will never completely dissapear.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 10-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #13
New Yorker

Um hello, Elevation isnt played every night. Your theory is gone

SMB
Old 10-03-2009, 04:22 PM   #14
New Yorker

Having listened to the Sheffield Boot tonight.....I would say boots is not only the weakest track on the album, but also the least effective of the rockers in the live set!
Old 10-03-2009, 05:02 PM   #15
War Child

Well, gman, you might have listened to the bootleg, but have you been to the show?

Because in FedEx Field on September 29, Washington DC went fucking crazy for Get On Your Boots, and so did the band.

It was a clear highlight of the show, to me.

Tags
get on your boots