Why no Bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Someone makes a thread called "Is Ultraviolet permanantly gone??", and it shows up a few shows later.

Someone makes a thread called "Why no Bad?", and it gets played at Glastonbury.

:ohmy:

*clicks "New Thread*
*Thread Title: "Where Is Discotheque?"*

Ax: I'm a nerd. Setlist sites, of course I Know them, check them regularly, rely on them, especially the great U2 gigs. Couldn't be a webzine editor without them.

It took me some backstory because I didn't immediately identify the source of "Jerusalem" by title, and when I got it, it was a "duh" since I obviously love Blake.

Someone makes a thread called "Is Ultraviolet permanantly gone??", and it shows up a few shows later.

*clicks "New Thread*

:up:

*clicks "New Thread*

YES YES YES YES. :hyper:

:shifty: Please do that before MTL2.

I was terribly disappointed in the Glastonbury "Bad" - way too short!! Could be worst version ever???

It was a shorter version, but that doesn't mean it was a terrible performance! I thought the Glastonbury Bad was one of the most emotional songs of the night. Bono was singing it with everything he had and the audience was totally into it as well. Great performance, by all the guys. :applaud:

It was a shorter version, but that doesn't mean it was a terrible performance! I thought the Glastonbury Bad was one of the most emotional songs of the night. Bono was singing it with everything he had and the audience was totally into it as well. Great performance, by all the guys. :applaud:

Totally disagree...although I only watched it once - I guess I'll have to go back and watch it a couple of more times.

It was on the setlist for Coimbra 2 last year but Bono said something to Larry (I think during Streets) and then I saw Larry say to Sam "no bad" and it was off. Rome got it instead. Coimbra 2 was the show where Bono was struggling with indigestion or something - some sort of obvious pain and discomfort - I guess Bad really takes it out of him so he decided against?

*clicks "New Thread*

Oh, how I miss Acrobat. :sad:

It was on the setlist for Coimbra 2 last year but Bono said something to Larry (I think during Streets) and then I saw Larry say to Sam "no bad" and it was off. Rome got it instead. Coimbra 2 was the show where Bono was struggling with indigestion or something - some sort of obvious pain and discomfort - I guess Bad really takes it out of him so he decided against?

Yeah we still don't know what was up, but he kept clutching his stomach and got a bunch of pills from Phil, so likely upset stomach or so.

Shame it wasn't played at Coimbra2, that was a good show.

For me, if you hear Bad at a show, it's a special show. It's that song that U2 holds in their back pocket that has the emotional catharsis to make a setlist epic. It is the kind of U2 song in which newbie fans who only know their new material, will seek out their back catalogue for the song. It's the corner stone of Unforgettable Fire.

I believe I read somewhere that Joe O'Herlihy, U2's soundman, believes that when AIWIY or Bad is played at a show, it's a special show.

U2BROTHR said:
For me, if you hear Bad at a show, it's a special show. It's that song that U2 holds in their back pocket that has the emotional catharsis to make a setlist epic. It is the kind of U2 song in which newbie fans who only know their new material, will seek out their back catalogue for the song. It's the corner stone of Unforgettable Fire.

I believe I read somewhere that Joe O'Herlihy, U2's soundman, believes that when AIWIY or Bad is played at a show, it's a special show.

:up: :up:

YouTube - ‪U2 Bad 2005 Las Vegas‬‏

Just needed a reminder, this was the best Bad I've ever seen. The small crowd was SOOOO into it. Awesomeness!!!

thanks for posting this . . . not seen it / heard it before . . . stunning :heart:

oh this :up: . . . from the very first time I heard it I knew it would be a song that I would never tire of and would always hold close . . . adore Bad and have been lucky enough to hear it a few times live . . . last time was in Sydney and it was just amazing :)

They played Bad at the first Chicago show in 2009. Which was great, but honestly, the show paled in comparison to the second night.

Had they waited until night two to play Bad, it would have been too much for my fragile little mind to handle. :wink:

I got to hear it at the second DC Vertigo show as a closer. Unfortunately, I think the long snippet of "People Have the Power" took the magic away. I'd love to hear it again to make up for it! :greedy:

Both Chicago 360s were :combust:

I hope Tuesday's is awesome.
Judging by U2gigs, Chicago seems to have an awesome history for setlist surprises (tour debuts of NYD and MLK on Popmart, the return of OOC after eleven years on Elevation, The First Time and Discotheque on Vertigo, and the awesomeness that was YBR on 360). I'm optimistic. :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Back
Top Bottom