Who else is excited that Lenny Kravitz is opening?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdxracer

The Fly
I think thats what is gonna make the leg of the tour (I am attending Seattle) that is gonna make this show ROCK!

I got to meet and talk to Lenny at the Long Beach GP a few years ago, and he was very fun to chat with, not counting the fact they he puts on an amazing live performance as well. I probably watch his Rock in Rio DVD at least every couple of weeks on my surround setup.

Getting to see both LK and U2 on the same night, is nothing short of epic.

Who else is with me?

YouTube - ‪Lenny Kravitz - Bring It On‬‏

Lenny-Kravitz-at-Rock-In-Rio-710372.jpg

Well, he sure as shit beats The Fray. :wink:

I like a handful of songs by Lenny, so I'm looking forward to hearing those (I'm assuming he'll play most of his hits, because what else does he have going on musically these days? He seems to be more into acting these days.).

Also, he's rather nice to look at, so that won't suck. :wink:

You can't get a better opening act in my opinion. Would have rather had Lenny at my amsterdam 360 show then Snow Patrol, although they were good as well.
Well, he sure as shit beats The Fray. :wink:

I like a handful of songs by Lenny, so I'm looking forward to hearing those (I'm assuming he'll play most of his hits, because what else does he have going on musically these days? He seems to be more into acting these days.).

Also, he's rather nice to look at, so that won't suck. :wink:
Well he does have a new album coming up, will be released in the summer. :)

Is it out of line, to maybe hope that Bono/Edge comes out to play a song with Lenny, or vice versa?

I guess we will find out soon enough.

Can you imagine Edge and Lenny jamming together on a song?

I am excited for this - would like to see him.

He plays the guitar amazingly. OF COURSE I want to see him.

Really NOT looking forward to any of the other support bands. Liked Snow Patrol outside of opening for U2 though, so that was a treat in 2009 ;)

Crushed that Arcade Fire is only doing a one-off thing because they would be ideal. Lenny would be my 2nd choice I suppose. It will be fun to just jam out to lots of guitar and drums. That damn song of his in all those NBA Playoff commercials is stuck in my head so it will be funny to finally hear that live. COMEONANDGETIT!

I enjoyed the BEP last time around and I hope he can bring the same energy and excitement.

I wanted to seee Lenny in Denver...Even god tried to sabotage them by flipping one of the awnings over on top of the one that was set out to protect the baby grand the lead fray dude 'plays'... Every U2 show I go to has to have a uhm 'unique' opener I suppose! Everyone enjoy him! :)

I used to think he was pretty good. Then I won 5th row seats from a radio station back in 1999 or 2000 or so. He played Jones Beach. It poured buckets of rain for the entire show. In the first 17 songs or so, he played 1- count em' 1 popular song.

Then he played his 3 or 4 hits in the encore.

He was a huge disappointment :down:

Given the other support acts on the (whole) tour, could be better (Arcade Fire, Muse, Jay Z), could be worse (The Fray, Snow Patrol, Black Eyed Peas.)

Anyone think there is even a slight chance that we could see Lenny play a song with U2, or have Edge come out and play while Lenny does "Bring it On', "Fly Away", or anything else?

Has Bono or Edge ever done this on any other tour?

Like I said I think it would be amazing to see LK and Edge Jamming together on a song.

No, the Fray was still opening for some of the shows like Denver and SLC. That hadn't changed.

No idea why it changed for other dates. I just know I'm happy about it. :wink:

I used to think he was pretty good. Then I won 5th row seats from a radio station back in 1999 or 2000 or so. He played Jones Beach. It poured buckets of rain for the entire show. In the first 17 songs or so, he played 1- count em' 1 popular song.

Then he played his 3 or 4 hits in the encore.

He was a huge disappointment :down:

This makes me laugh actually, people want U2 to go and be less "greatest hits", but then you go and See him, he doesnt play many greatest hits and you wasnt happy,

So this is how half of the stadium would feel if U2 decided to just play one or two of their hits and leave the rest to obscure songs.

Is it too much to hope for that he won't play American Woman?

I like some of his hits a lot, but I positively, absolutely LOATHE that cover.

Back
Top Bottom