Where Is Stand Up Comedy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BWU2Buffs

War Child
SUC is a fave of mine on the disc. I confess to not knowing a ton about music, but compared to the other songs in the setlist, SUC does not sound to me any harder to replicate and energize than Boots, Mag, Breathe etc.

So, what happended?

Saving it for a future Tour Leg?

Not playing it at all for some reason? If so, what reason? Rumors? Facts?

Plz help -- I was kinda looking foward to the "the DNA lottery may have left you smart"

They probably just picked certain songs off NLOTH to try out live for now. Ones that they have done before the tour started and whatnot. I'm sure we will get 1 or 2 more off the album before the tour is over, once they have gotten the current crop finely tuned. It's still early.

With all due respect for your like for this song, I am glad it's not being played.

I hate the song.

Sorry.

I hope :pray: this song gets added to the setlist at some point. I think it would be great live, and screams to be played as such.

:heart:

Trying to figure out why U2 don't play a given song live is like trying to figure out why light can be a wave and a particle at the same time, or why bad things happen to good people. You may get an interesting answer, but you will never get a satisfying one.

May have something to do with the fact that they had 13 versions of the song at some point, and they are working out which bits translate best live (eg with Electrical Storm, they use the pre-chorus riff from the Demo that never showed up on an official release).

We will def get a few more from NLOTH before the tour ends, don't worry about that

I can see it being dropped in for the American leg, and a phew times in the European, if it is going to get a place, then replace crazy tonight remix(even tho i love this). It will get its debut in dublin.

I love SUC and hope they'll play it live. It seems very fitting for a show like that. Hope it will appear in the set sooner or later :up:

Trying to figure out why U2 don't play a given song live is like trying to figure out why light can be a wave and a particle at the same time, or why bad things happen to good people. You may get an interesting answer, but you will never get a satisfying one.

Perfect...:up:

but yes....SUC would ROCK live.

Wouldn't really care if it got added in to replace something like Crazy Tonight but other than that I don't care that it's not being played live.

I am not a fan of SUC, but whenever I hear it, it really sounds like a live song that U2 just threw down a studio recording of, to get it on the album. I have a feeling that it might work really well live.

Yes, I'd like them to do SUC- it's so nearly a great song- If they make it a bit funkier live, I'm sure it will work well.

Didn't this happen with "Kite" on the Elevation tour? Like, it didn't appear until San Jose or something, even though everyone knew it'd kick ass live? Probably just being delayed because the band doesn't want to bite off more than it can chew at the outset of the tour.

Didn't this happen with "Kite" on the Elevation tour? Like, it didn't appear until San Jose or something, even though everyone knew it'd kick ass live? Probably just being delayed because the band doesn't want to bite off more than it can chew at the outset of the tour.

Yes. It happened with a few songs from Pop, too. They didn't figure out how to play them live until halfway through the tour.

I hope they're working SUC. Not only is it one of the best songs on the album, it's the one I thought would translate the best live. In my opinion, it's the album's tour de force.

I'm going to start spamming Edge's Twitter with SUC requests.

Must hear "Soul Rocking People movin on"... and that guitar riff!

too true!

I hope it gets played as well. While I think it's one of the weaker tracks on the album, that riff absolutely rocks and I think it would translate very well live. A lot of people here are complaining that the set seems to be a little tame...with The Claw they need to Rock it up more

of course, I'd take anything from Pop over SUC :wink:

Back
Top Bottom