What's that song they came out to? / Intro Songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At the Raleigh show I heard "Treat Me Like Your Mother" by Dead Weather in addition to the ones already posted here. I also heard some songs that haven't been mentioned anywhere yet.

Anybody recognize any other pre-show songs that haven't been posted yet?

i wish i could hum the one song that i really like to someone so they could tell me what it is!

or maybe there's a guy or girl out there with way too much time on their hands who wants to gather up all the songs in one big torrent file :)

-dan

Hot Chip - Ready For The Floor ( LOVE IT !!!!!) , every show that gets me bopping and i know the time is near !

there are 15 pages of posts so i am not sure if anyone commented

i have had the luck to be at the front of several GA`s

running in the first night in Barcelona and every single show thereafter one track caught my ear

a remix version of Drowning Man !!!! . i have stopped people in GA , told a few to shush , so they could hear it. No one catches it because they are caught up n the frenzy of the running of the bulls U2 style .....the song is playing while evryone is freaking out about getting to their spots on the floor

RE: Opening Music

Song played after opening band and before Space Oddity...

There is a song in my head like a tick...I have seen all the posts which looks like the majority of songs from the european leg and the first few North American shows....but I have gone through them all and it is not listed...definitely played at both Giants Stadium shows and thought I heard it at Rose Bowl show on youtube...

this may sound undescriptive but it has a cool deep bass line chorus like...

"tododododo todododododo tododododo"...and so on...

PLEASE POST ANY NEW SONGS THAT WERE NOT PREVIOUSLY LISTED!!!

"Sometime Around Midnight" - Airborne Toxic Event

I thumbed back through this thread and couldn't find this, but I apologize if I missed it from not looking too closely. Not sure where exactly in the line-up this is placed (closer towards Space Oddity, I'm pretty certain) but it's the song that begins with the very pronounced string arrangement:

YouTube - The Airborne Toxic Event - Sometime Around Midnight: Majordomo Version

re: thank you

thank you ssreverb....Doctor you cured my tick!!!

someone posted cold war kids but it was the wrong song....

re: cold war kids

do you recall if it was the album version or a remix???

i'll have to check out what i find online for remix versions to remember what exactly was played before the show...all i know is that was the moment when the adrenaline level went up...all the wait and money spent was justified....

do you recall if it was the album version or a remix???

i'll have to check out what i find online for remix versions to remember what exactly was played before the show...all i know is that was the moment when the adrenaline level went up...all the wait and money spent was justified....

Album version, I believe.

okay, i swear i posted this yesterday but i guess i was high (not really, but you know what i mean)

does anybody know the name of the song in the background:

YouTube - 10/23/09 - U2/Vegas - What is this song called?

1,000 internet points to whoever knows what it is.

-dan
I'd also like to know this one. Anybody?

Also, anyone know the song that starts playing after M83 - Skin of the Night in this video? Specifically at timecode 1:10.
YouTube - U2 Barcelona 2009-06-30 HD stage and stadium (4 hours before the show)

.... and here is more of the same song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VnI7cYq4hw

.... and here is more of the same song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VnI7cYq4hw
Found it: TV on the Radio - Dancing Choose

okay, i swear i posted this yesterday but i guess i was high (not really, but you know what i mean)
does anybody know the name of the song in the background:
YouTube - 10/23/09 - U2/Vegas - What is this song called?
1,000 internet points to whoever knows what it is.
-dan
Found it: The Horrors - Who Can Say

Here is an updated list with every song that I am aware of.... I know there are more that haven't been identified, please post if you know any others...
Bat for Lashes - Daniel
Cage the Elephant - Judas
Cold War Kids - Hang Me Up to Dry
Cold War Kids - We Used to Vacation
David Bowie - Space Oddity (*)
Dead Weather - Treat Me Like Your Mother
Doves - Winter Hill
Elton John - Rocket Man
Empire of the Sun - Walking on a dream
Friendly Fires - Jump in the Pool
Hot Chip - Ready For The Floor
Interpol - The Heinrich Maneuver
Joy Division - Transmission
Kings of Leon - Knocked Up
Kings of Leon - Slow Night, So Long
La Roux - Bulletproof
La Roux - In for the Kill
LCD Soundsystem - Time To Get Away
M83 - Couleurs
M83 - Graveyard Girl
M83 - Highway of Endless Dreams
M83 - Kim & Jessie
M83 - Midnight Souls Still Remain
M83 - Skin of the Night
M83 - Up
M83 - We Own the Sky
M83 - You, appearing
MGMT - Time to pretend
Moderat - Les Grandes Marches
Moderat - Nasty Silence
Moderat - Porc#1
Moderat - Porc#2
Muse - Starlight
Radiohead - Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Santogold - Lights Out
The Airborne Toxic Event - Sometime Around Midnight
The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger
The Gossip - Heavy Cross
The Gossip - Standing in the Way of Control
The Horrors - Do You Remember
The Horrors - I Can't Control Myself
The Horrors - Mirror's Image
The Horrors - Three Decades
The Horrors - Who Can Say
The Killers - Spaceman
The Pixies - This Monkey’s Gone to Heaven
TV on the Radio - Crying
TV on the Radio - Dancing Choose
TV on the Radio - DLZ
TV on the Radio - Family Tree
TV on the Radio - Golden Age
TV on the Radio - Halfway Home
TV on the Radio - Lover’s Day
TV on the Radio - Red Dress
TV on the Radio - Shout Me Out
TV on the Radio - Stork & Owl
U2 - Kingdom (excerpt)
White Lies - Death
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Heads Will Roll
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Zero

can you do me a favor and put them in the order they were played in?

kthxbai

-dan

I think it varies from night to night. There are a few songs that probably stay in the same order prior to David Bowie - Space Oddity, but that's it.

Preshow Music Question

Hey everyone... I was able to make it to 3 360 shows this fall and I have a strange question that someone can hopefully help me with. In addition to U2 songs being in my head (obviously) there also was a song that was played preshow that I'm trying to figure out who sings. It was one of the last few that were played before the band went on. The singer sounds almost like peter gabriel, but the song might be a little rockier then peter. The chorus is something like "I'm over you, get over me" followed by a kinda instrumental solo. I hope someone out there can help!
Thanks!

i found every song listed above on itunes, major effing props to ssreverb for putting that together.

-dan

That's the bummer thing, I already went through all the songs already listed and it doesnt seem to be among them.

Currently going through all those songs listed myself and not finding the one I'm after either... Hmmm...I can't even remember any lyrics but I heard it again last night whilst at another gig, tried using Shazam on my iPhone to find it, but the place was too rowdy to pick up on the song.

I'm sure it was played as the technicians were clearing the stage for U2's gear... It had definite bass to it and female vocals (perhaps a mix of some sort?) Deep(ish), definitely not pop rock or disco or anything like that.

Help would be greatly appreciated, I'll probably be totally :reject: when I find out what it is lol!

Songs played before show?

This sounds a bit weird but I have been trying to figure out who sings one of the songs that was played over the PA before each show. It sounds very Britpop-ish and has a lot of da-da doop da-da doop stuff going on in it. I just heard it on a commercial and it reminded me.

Music before shows

Does anyone know any songs that are played before the show when people are coming in? Some of it is quiet lovely.

Back
Top Bottom