What's that song they came out to? / Intro Songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's probably the bands way of taking the mickey out of us! From all the countless threads of people asking about Wake Up, which could have been googled easily for an answer, they give us an unreleased song that we'll never know anything about!:wink:

By Gavin's twitter I think. He twittered something about Kingdom... sooon?

What's the word that's repeated for the intro? that's right, Soon!

By Gavin's twitter I think. He twittered something about Kingdom... sooon?

What's the word that's repeated for the intro? that's right, Soon!

Yes, it's on his twitter: "Kingdon.. soon..."
But I'm not so sure that what's being sung in the intro is 'soon'. :hmm:
And there's no sign whatsoever from this song other than being used at a U2 concert intro with (what really looks like) Bono's voice, so... :hmm:

Yes, it's on his twitter: "Kingdon.. soon..."
But I'm not so sure that what's being sung in the intro is 'soon'. :hmm:
And there's no sign whatsoever from this song other than being used at a U2 concert intro with (what really looks like) Bono's voice, so... :hmm:

And have you seen the pics from the setlist yet? :) It actually says Kingdom as intro, I'll see if I can find that pic again.

Thanks to who stickied this. :up:

It was in the first setlist party:
setlistbarcai.jpg

If that's not confirmation then I don't know what is.

But I've seen nothing to confirm that Kingdom is Gavin's song.

He was working on the tour... maybe he was just excited.

i hope someone asks the band rather soon....you know, when they're signing autographs.

Warm Up : the songs between the guests and U2

Hello

can't find a thread which gives a list of the songs we can hear after the guests (Snow Patrol in Barcelona) while the crowd is waiting for U2.

Does anyone know ?

And, especially, what is the last song before U2 hit the stage ? (on the Vertigo Tour it was Wake Up by Arcade Fire)

They played Space Oddity by David Bowie cutting into a song called Kingdom, which is speculated to either be an about-to-be-released song by Gavin Friday, or, (more likely, IMO), a U2/Eno/Lanois song from the NLOTH sessions that could end up on Songs of Ascent.

And have you seen the pics from the setlist yet? :) It actually says Kingdom as intro, I'll see if I can find that pic again.

setlistbarcai.jpg

Oh, I see... thanks. :up::up:
Well, we just gotta be sure that this is a Gavin's song them.

Yeah still don't see confirmation that it's Gavin's song... I'm still thinking Kingdom of Your Love by U2 :shifty: :wink:

^I won't say that this is the song... but that U2, or at least Bono and Eno are involved in this I have no doubt.

setlistbarcai.jpg

GG, head to the SOA thread in WTAHAN. Links to the photos from the NLOTH book. Kingdom of Your Love is a title.

Given that it is used as the intro to a U2 song, Bono and def Eno are singing in this snippet, surely it is more logical to suggest it is U2, and Gav's obscure twitter post is not coming from his role as a musician, more as his role as U2's creative adviser???

GG, head to the SOA thread in WTAHAN. Links to the photos from the NLOTH book. Kingdom of Your Love is a title.

Given that it is used as the intro to a U2 song, Bono and def Eno are singing in this snippet, surely it is more logical to suggest it is U2, and Gav's obscure twitter post is not coming from his role as a musician, more as his role as U2's creative adviser???

Yes I heard about that yesterday. It may be also a collaboration. I guess we'll find out soon.

Gives me chills when that starts. Just like Elevation Influx and Wake Up. They way it just cuts in that song and is turned up. And after a couple weeks, when crowds catch on, it's gonna be awesome. I love the intro music

SMB

I just told Gavin that you guys are asking if he wrote it. And he answered: "I am the King". Which isn't particularly enlightening, but the best I can offer right now.

I just told Gavin that you guys are asking if he wrote it. And he answered: "I am the King". Which isn't particularly enlightening, but the best I can offer right now.

weird! obviously, the fact that Gavin said that means he had something to do with the song.

Gives me chills when that starts. Just like Elevation Influx and Wake Up. They way it just cuts in that song and is turned up. And after a couple weeks, when crowds catch on, it's gonna be awesome. I love the intro music

SMB

and drug of a nation/we will rock you, and mission impossible/popmusic :)

Ain't that unfinished U2 song named Kingdom of Love? :hmm:
Anyway, he probably has something to do with it, but the fact that he doesn't confirm anything makes me believe we won't be seeing this on a Gavin album.

Gavin does have a song called Le Roi d'Amour (The King of Love), released in 1995, which sounds nothing like Kingdom, but perhaps the boys are just riffing off each other's themes.

Sing yourself far down the street
Sing yourself right off your feet
Sing yourself away from victory and of defeat
Sing yourself with fife and drum
Sing yourself to overcome
the darkness of one's lost and someone else has won"

Same as someone posted earlier, but I reckon one word in the first line is different if you listen.

I spoke to Gavin a few hours ago. The intro song is all U2, he didn't write it, nor did he sing on it.

Back
Top Bottom