What's that song they came out to? / Intro Songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone know the song played before U2 come on..It's a song with a woman singing about her High heeled shoes? I would really like to know who sings this..thank you!!! :)

Everything completely changed. Elbow isn't in the PA anymore, but MGMT Kids still is. There's also a Gavin Friday song about 2 songs before u2 hit the stage, don't know the title tho.

Everything completely changed. Elbow isn't in the PA anymore, but MGMT Kids still is. There's also a Gavin Friday song about 2 songs before u2 hit the stage, don't know the title tho.

R.E.M's Discoverer was played about three or four songs before Space Oddity in Miami. There was also no Satisfaction in Miami. They seem to be changing it nightly or every few shows.

I really, really wish Elbow was still being played. :(

I like the Gavin Friday song.

We had Satisfaction as the final song in Seattle, but then in Anaheim it was gone.

In general, I've been really liking the PA music, and there were a few songs that I was asking everyone around me "who is this?" but no one knew.

R.E.M's Discoverer was played about three or four songs before Space Oddity in Miami. There was also no Satisfaction in Miami. They seem to be changing it nightly or every few shows.

:hmm: I don't know that one. I didn't actually recognize any of the other songs they played this time..

i don't remember hearing zero. but i just youtube'd it and i liked it

they didn't play satisfaction in oakland or anaheim

don't remember hearing kids, i did hear a remix of time to pretend though

2009/2010 was definitely better

I'm sure they need to swith it up, if not concert devotees could totally predict exactly when the band will come out! Also, doesn't it depend on whether the instrument techs and stage techs are having issues?

Who sings "oh baby can't you understand, whatcha doing to the man"?:lol:

Does anyone know the song played before U2 come on..It's a song with a woman singing about her High heeled shoes? I would really like to know who sings this..thank you!!! :)

Believe it or not, it's a man who sings that song. I can't remember what it's called though.

Edit: Just texted a friend and she said it's called Hot Tub Blues by We Are Smug.

There's this one catchy one I remember hearing before Interpol came on at both the Chicago and Minneapolis shows. It's going to kill me if I can never find out who did it though.

Someone should start a list of songs played on the American leg this summer. A few of them were listed on here already, and I do remember Gavin Friday's Able and the Hot Tub Blues song most of all.

wasn't it hilarious how they played that bubblegum pop song "talk,talk,talk" (I don't think that's the actual song title) between Interpol and U2 in Minny? I swear, there was a strong WTF vibe around me during that song!

Did anyone notice the playlist before U2 came on had been completely changed up for the final show at Moncton? They were all "farewell" songs. :sad: Offhand I remember hearing Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Hello Goodbye, Schools Out, This Will Be the Last Time, etc...

I heard a lot of the usual songs before Carney, and then between Carney & Arcade Fire, but yeah, after AF it was all "the end" themed songs. That was fun.

No, really! :lol:

There was a Lenny Kravitz song in there too. :hmm: I don't know the name of it but I knew it was Lenny right away because I was like wait a minute I know I've just heard this song live about 3 times recently. :lol:

Leaving On a Jet Plane - I want to say it was by Chantal Kreviazuk (sp), who's a Canadian artist. Her voice is pretty recognizable, and it really sounded like here

Goodbye Girl - Squeeze

Hello, Goodbye - The Beatles

Back
Top Bottom