What's that song they came out to? / Intro Songs? - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2009, 03:36 PM   #136
Refugee

Location: I live where I don't wanna drown, but god I'm going down...(/UK/)
Local Time: 08:45 AM
he's only pointing out his thoughts Einstein

Old 07-13-2009, 06:54 PM   #137
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corcovadosong View Post
U2 makes a moody, dark song with circular guitars and new percussive rhythms for their style.

Interference complains that it "sounds like coldplay" (which shows you the depth of musical experience involved: non-western sounds+ambient singing and background = Eno's coldplay) and say that they wish Bono's voice was more apparent.

Bono logs onto Interference to see fan's reaction to that new song.

1,000 more years of I Know I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight.

The armageddon clearly starts here, on a U2 site. Because only here could a hallmark of what makes U2 so good (constant change, growth, and desire to experiment) be labeled as "sounding like Coldplay."
Though only one person commented that it sounded like Coldplay. Bono probably won't change his mind just on the opinion of one fan.

I don't think it sounds anything like Coldplay, they wouldn't be able to make anything as good as that in my opinion.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #138
Babyface

Local Time: 03:45 AM

Anybody knows what is the song in the begining of this video play between Snow Patrol And U2
Old 07-14-2009, 02:19 PM   #139
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdessao View Post

Anybody knows what is the song in the begining of this video play between Snow Patrol And U2
Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush
Old 07-14-2009, 02:19 PM   #140
Refugee

Old 07-14-2009, 03:02 PM   #141
Babyface

Local Time: 03:45 AM
IT's not kate bush
Old 07-15-2009, 07:33 AM   #142
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdessao View Post
IT's not kate bush
I was teasing,

It's U2 - Kingdom (unreleased song as yet)

Nice to see a new member on here
Old 07-15-2009, 04:00 PM   #143
War Child

Local Time: 02:45 AM
Kingdom... I especially love the part with the words "sing yourself right off the street" (I think?). Violin is good too!!
Old 07-16-2009, 03:59 PM   #144
War Child

Local Time: 09:45 AM
not played song so i cant comment on what i think (speakers on blink in middle of fixing)
But if people do say it sounds similar to coldplay i dont see how thats a bad thing?
way i see it is u2 orinigal band of their music type end of.
coldplay to me have always seemed like "mini u2'" just the impression ive always got i like some songs of theres and i dont wanna upset anyone by saying they are like/wanna be like u2 its just how i feel about some songs

so really if this new u2 song is similar to a coldplay sound is it really like coldplay? or is it a u2 sound that has been "by popular demand" and an AWFUL lot of airplay in last few years on comericial music channels turned into a coldplay sound?

so like the music is doing a circle of bands...u2->coldplay>-u2 etc?
anyone get that logic?

my brain hurts now
Old 07-17-2009, 10:40 PM   #145
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:45 AM
Don't strain yourself, Kingdom doesn't sound like Coldplay at all.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:07 AM   #146
Refugee

Local Time: 10:45 AM
Wow, this sounds amazing! I love NLOTH but I understand why Eno was a bit upset about the band leaving alot of experimental stuff off the album, these things sound too good and creative to be left out. I'm glad they're doing Songs of Ascent, I want to hear more of this.

And this sounds as much as Coldplay as almost every other U2 song. They're similiar bands with similiar styles in music, and I personally don't think this sounds more like Coldplay than any other U2 song.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:21 PM   #147
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:45 AM
I want a full version so badly. If this is any indication of Songs of Ascent, I think we're looking at a really, really great album. Like Zooropa to AB.
I really can't wait, Kingdom could be one of the greatest U2 songs of the decade.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:04 AM   #148
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 10:45 AM
Can anyone tell me what the two songs before Bowie are? Especially the 2nd before, that song I really like and would love to get. great catchy tune!
And I've no clue what the one inbetween them is.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-22-2009, 11:49 AM   #149
The Fly

Local Time: 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoRu View Post
Wow, this sounds amazing! I love NLOTH but I understand why Eno was a bit upset about the band leaving alot of experimental stuff off the album, these things sound too good and creative to be left out. I'm glad they're doing Songs of Ascent, I want to hear more of this.
I just think about it too...
This song is really amazing and U2 is very damn smart to tease us with this

I'm afraid that I wouldn't agree if Kingdom sounds like Coldplay, it sounds like Enoisme to me

Anyhoo,
thank you for everyone who search for any info about this song
It's getting very late here in my country and I can't help myself to continue reading this thread even with my snail connection
Old 07-22-2009, 12:51 PM   #150
Refugee

Local Time: 04:45 AM
The opening song is in fact "Kingdom of Your Love" from the NLOTH sessions as noted by Willie Williams in today's tour blog:

U2.com > Sign In

OK, the show. Opening night, the big launch... and of course it went remarkably well. In some ways I'd never doubted it, having been so very confident about the strength of this idea since it popped into my head in New Zealand in 2006, but of course I'd never admit that until the first gig was well and truly in the bag. It was a warm, clear night and the stadium was packed to the rafters with a very rowdy audience who were chanting and doing Mexican waves before U2 were anywhere near the stage. At 10-ish the house lights went down and 'Kingdom of Your Love' came over the monster PA. Larry made his solo, spotlighted walk up the long rear ramp to the drum kit, with constellations of flash bulbs going off all over the stadium, then sat down. The audience was in full voice, but I could sense in there if not confusion, a curiosity as to what exactly was about to happen. Larry hammered out the opening to 'Breathe' as the others appeared and I enjoyed feeling the audience realise that this wasn't going to be as obvious an opening as we could have chosen. It felt good, new, fresh.