What Vertigo Tour Regular Song Do You Miss The Most?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IanIinTheSky

Acrobat
This is just like the Popmart thread, which regularly played HTDAAB song from the Vertigo Tour did you miss the most during the 360 Tour?

Love and Peace (or Else)
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Yahweh
Miracle Drug
All Because of You
Original of the Species

This is a tough one for me. I think I have to go with L&PoE. Sometimes and OotS are right up there.

I never saw a Vertigo tour show but I'd have loved to have caught Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own and Original of the Species. I really love HTDAAB and the Vertigo tour so I really missed a lot of the HTDAAB songs and Vertigo tour regulars. Love and Peace seemed really awesome live.

Good point, Mirrorballman!

Most of the regulars from this tour that I miss are oldies:

Zoo Station
Running To Standstill
The Electric Co
An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart

However, I like HTDAAB a lot more than most people here and had no problem with a lot of those songs.

I especially miss Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own.

Such a beautiful song, always performed in a heartfelt way by Bono.

Some of those songs listed weren't even regulars! ;) Just sayin'.

As for me, there's only one song:

The Electric Co.
The Electric Co.
The Electric Co.
The Electric Co.
The Electric Co.
The Electric Co.

4 of the 5 of them were played over 90 times. They played OoTS 38 times. Thought it was worth including.

Original of the Species was my favourite song on the album. They didn't play it when I saw Vertigo even though it was their single at the time, *sigh*

U2 could have incorporated rotating newer songs like the Vertigo Tour. It was pretty cool ABOY, OOTS, & Crumbs were only sometimes played.

HTDAAB was such a personal album I'm not sure any songs besides COBL & Vertigo could have been played.

I really enjoyed Yahweh live. Such a peaceful moment.

U2 could have incorporated rotating newer songs like the Vertigo Tour. It was pretty cool ABOY, OOTS, & Crumbs were only sometimes played.

HTDAAB was such a personal album I'm not sure any songs besides COBL & Vertigo could have been played.

I really enjoyed Yahweh live. Such a peaceful moment.

I think Sometimes could have been played every once in a while in the Miss Sarajevo position.

Love and Peace might have been able to be thrown in anywhere in the set.

The last section of the main set on 360 was really stale throughout the tour. They could've easily replaced (or at least rotate) SBS with LAPOE. Great live song that never got the chance on 360.

Would've also been very nice with Yahweh (dislike the album-version but love it live with acoustic guitar and Larry on the keyboard :love:) at times after the ISHFWILF/AIWIY-slot, and replacing MS with OOTS (I love Miss Sarajevo, but I don't want it to be too much of a regular, much rather like One Tree Hill that is played on certain occasions but otherwise leaves room for other songs).

Although HTDAAB isn't one of my favorite U2 albums it was kind of underwhelming with only two songs from the album on the entire tour. It has a lot of great live songs, and is whether you like it or not one of U2's most successful albums to date.

LAPOE - Just a fun song that the band, especially Bono, seemed to enjoy playing. The drumming at the end was awesome imo. :bonodrum:
Miracle Drug - not as much for the song (though it might be tied for my fav off the album) but more so because I miss Bono's weirdo ramblings about Edge coming from outer space.

LAPOE - The song really made the tour seem quite Rock & Roll.......When B man hit those drums, there was a lot of passion there....like he morphed into a different beast.

Word. I was witness to this:
And it was fuckin powerful.

I was witness to the first occurrence of Vertigo x2, and it was like zomg holy shit crazy awesome.

.... darned if I can remember if it was 40 or Yahweh that came before it, though! Ha.

Back
Top Bottom