What the hell is: "..AAGHTAAAHHT-MAAHSALF-WHIH-WHAAAIAAARGHH?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onyourkneesboy

The Fly
What the hell is: "..AAGHTAAAHHT-MAAHSALF-WHIH-WHAAAIAAARGHH?"

Guess Bono's found himself a new kind a "kermit-voice"

I keep having problem's with the way he's making a caricature of his own voice on Moment Of Surrender through the whole song...

"the stone was semi-presjaaahhs"? etc...

YouTube - U2006com's Channel

Anyone else?

The performances of Moment of Surrender have been consistently breathtaking. His voice has a raw quality which lends itself to the meaning of the song.

Maybe it sounds crap on bootlegs, but it has become my favourite part of the concerts (bar Crazy Tonight) at the four I've been too. In fact, I am lying, because it sounds fucking awesome on the bootlegs of Milan as well. :applaud:

It reminds me of the guttural scream in God Part II live :hmm:

Moment Of Surrender live is breathtaking, the best and most passionate rendition in a concert that is full of highlights and in a tour that features Bono at his best. I've been in several gigs, 4 so far, and I've never walked out disappointed with him or the band.

I love how Edge walks away to get away from Bono's ... I don't think there's a word for what he's doing. Completely ruins the song, which I think is one of the best they've ever written. The lyrics are unbelievable...drugs, satanism, invisibility...it's like a Haruki Murakami novel. But really, the singing... and starting off the Woah oh ohs is a bit much. Very out of place. It amazing how people at a concert will do whatever they are told. Ah, human nature.

if only Bono could sing those verses like he does on the album, the song would be absolutely perfect live. the few lines he does sing well sound absolutely breathtaking.

I love how Edge walks away to get away from Bono's ... I don't think there's a word for what he's doing. Completely ruins the song, which I think is one of the best they've ever written. The lyrics are unbelievable...drugs, satanism, invisibility...it's like a Haruki Murakami novel. But really, the singing... and starting off the Woah oh ohs is a bit much. Very out of place. It amazing how people at a concert will do whatever they are told. Ah, human nature.

You mean how the edge walks over to his piano?

it's a quiet song, he's gotta mix it up a little, i think it fits with the style presented on the album

btw the wheel is cool in UV, but it's a 1 trick pony and i find it annoying beyond that

and oh yeah.....what's with the OH fest, let the song build ffs

Back
Top Bottom