What songs should U2 drop and add??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wasilefsky

The Fly
Since U2 has a ton of songs to choose from, what songs do you think they should drop and add for the upcoming tour? (Aside from tracks from the new cd)

My selections to remove are:

-Bullet the Blue Sky (Overplayed, almost at every single show since it was introduced!!)
-Pride (Same as BTBS)
-Vertigo or Elevation (One or the other, Get On Your Boots can fill the void...even though both are great live rockin' tunes!)
-One or WOWOY (Again, one or the other...there's just too much to choose from and I think at least one of these should go to make room for something else as they are both loosing their relavance!!)

Additions:

-Acrobat (Never really played live, would fit in well with NLOTH...the actual song...and such an awesome song!)
-Lemon (Would love to see this one back...for some reason parts of Fez-Being Born remind me of this song and again I can see it fitting in with NLOTH
-Exit (This would fit in great around "Breathe" and was always a great live rocker....would fill the void of BTBS being removed!)

Wow I could go on and on with this actually...I guess there are just too many to choose from, but It'd be cool to read others opinions!

-Waz

They should play Lemon twenty-five times at each concert and then go home.

-Bullet the Blue Sky (Overplayed, almost at every single show since it was introduced!!)
-Pride (Same as BTBS)
-Vertigo or Elevation (One or the other, Get On Your Boots can fill the void...even though both are great live rockin' tunes!)
-One or WOWOY (Again, one or the other...there's just too much to choose from and I think at least one of these should go to make room for something else as they are both loosing their relavance!!)

They will never, ever drop Pride imo, that would be like dropping Streets...
A song I would love to see them play would be New York, when they play at Giants Stadium or whatever NYC venue they play this tour.

To me One and Streets are the only untouchables. Because I like it when bands make sure they play the hits you want to hear because it's always someone's first U2 show.

I can like without them since I've seen them, but in general, I think those 2.

But I think U2 thinks it's ONE, STREETS, PRIDE, BEAUTIFUL DAY, VERTIGO.

That's my guess for 5 songs they will play every night as they try to draw in new/old.

I would love them to add (among many others...)

ELECTRICAL STORM
WINDOW IN THE SKIES
LEMON
DESIRE
TWO HEARTS BEAT AS ONE
DISCOTHEQUE
HEARTLAND
ACROBAT (still never live right?)
WILD HORSES
UV LIGHT MY WAY
A SORT OF HOMECOMING

Drop Bullet for a tour.

Play Sunday Bloody Sunday, Pride and New Years Day on occassion but not every single night. Maybe rotate the three of them for each show.

Songs I would add are God Part II or Hawkmoon 269. Those are my dream songs for them to do live. I full well rehearsed full band A Sort Of Homecoming would be good also.

I'll be pissed if I don't hear One. I can do without SBS, BTBS, Pride, NYD, and even Streets or WOWY, but I love One.

As far as additions, I think a couple songs from Pop might fit with this tour. Maybe Wild Horses, Spanish Eyes, HMTMKMKM too.

To me One and Streets are the only untouchables. Because I like it when bands make sure they play the hits you want to hear because it's always someone's first U2 show.

I can like without them since I've seen them, but in general, I think those 2.

But I think U2 thinks it's ONE, STREETS, PRIDE, BEAUTIFUL DAY, VERTIGO.

That's my guess for 5 songs they will play every night as they try to draw in new/old.

I would love them to add (among many others...)

ELECTRICAL STORM
WINDOW IN THE SKIES
LEMON
DESIRE
TWO HEARTS BEAT AS ONE
DISCOTHEQUE
HEARTLAND
ACROBAT (still never live right?)
WILD HORSES
UV LIGHT MY WAY
A SORT OF HOMECOMING

if they played Electrical Storm, Acrobat, Discotheque and ASOH I'd pee myself! :hyper:

Please drop the following:

Bullet The Blue Sky
I Will Follow
Out of Control
All Because of You
New Years Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
The Fly(great song but needs break)
Until The End Of The World(see Fly)
Cry
Electric Co.

please add the following:

Lemon
Numb
Surrender
A Sort of Homecoming
Unforgettable Fire/MLK
Night And Day
Discotheque
Mofo
Staring At The Sun
HMTMKMKL

Please drop the following:

Electric Co.

Wow, really? I thought it was one of the highlights of the Vertigo tour and it had not been done since 1987 prior to that. They dropped it from that tour already on the last leg. I doubt it will be played but I don't think it warrants dropping already.

I would say that, in terms of warhorses, Pride, Streets, One, Beautiful Day, Vertigo, and probably COBL are set in stone. The rest is somewhat fair game. Either SBS or NYD is likely, although I'm not sure either will be played too consistently. Bullet and WOWY I can really see them dropping, although I'm sure we will see at least some of the latter. UTEOTW will probably be played about as much as it was on the Vertigo Tour... it was really a highlight of ZooTV, PopMart, and Elevation, but still sounded great on Vertigo. Mysterious Ways will probably be an on-and-off thing, too. The Fly... God only knows.

What will be interesting is how many 90s songs they play that aren't One, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, or UTEOTW.

Drop:

pride
bullet
Rotate ...One & WOWY
Rotate...vertigo & elevation

Atleast give a shot to:

Lemon
A sort of homecoming
Mofo...give it atleast one shot
Gone
Stay...Full band pleaseeeee
UF...
Love is blindness...full band closer....atleast a few timesss

Wow, really? I thought it was one of the highlights of the Vertigo tour and it had not been done since 1987 prior to that. They dropped it from that tour already on the last leg. I doubt it will be played but I don't think it warrants dropping already.

I ran out of songs to drop.Ok please dont drop Electric Co. unless it means playing something rare or from POP or Zooropa.

Out- Pride, Bullet, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Still Haven't Found, Running To Stand Still, Vertigo, Elevation, Miracle Drug, LAPOE, Yahweh

Rotate-Streets, One or Beautiful Day in an anthem slot to close the main set

In- Lemon, Last Night On Earth, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Mofo, Discotheque, In God's Country, Love is Blindness, Wire, A Sort of Homecoming, God Part 2, Exit and above all ACROBAT

The untouchables to me are Streets, and WOWOY- everything else can be dropped at least some nights.

The one the NEED to be dropped are:
1. Bullet- boring for a while now. please let it rest.
2. NYD
3. Sunday Bloody Sunday at least rotate it.
4. Miss Sarajevo - snooze fest. hopefully it doesn't take up a spot again this tour.
5. Pride- probably will never happen. I enjoyed it on vertigo, but it needs to at least be rotated.
6. Elevation- should have never made past the first tour.

Please add:
1. I Threw A Brick-> A Day Without Me -let it take the spot of I will follow- maybe it can be the suprise that An Cat dubh-Into the Heart were on vertigo.
2. A Sort of Homecoming AND/OR Unforgettable Fire
3. Exit (could take Bullet's spot and would be so much better)
4. Last Night on Earth
5. Love Is Blindness (end the first encore with it).

Promenade would be my first choice, but it will never happen.

I think Bullet the Blue Sky is amazing live and should stay in.

I could do without Pride, SBS, NYD though.

I'd love to hear Electrical Storm find a place in the setlist, though.

I dnt think they'll drop SBS again. They did it on Zoo TV and played it a handful and then it was stripped down on PopMart

but I think they should do the same to BTBS

Please drop Bullet the Blue Sky, maybe One, Pride and put in New Years Day. Even though I love Mysterious Ways, I could let this one go in place of something I haven't heard live.

Who was the clever chicken who suggested rotating the warhorses? :bow: to this idea - keeps it interesting for everyone and, I would imagine, more exciting for the band themselves to huh?

I'd die to hear Gone again, Oh and how lovely would it be to see a titchy bit of the UF album get a look in too (although I suspect that Bad would get chosen over anything else really) :yes:and am really really really hoping that lots of this new album gets a fair hearing . . . actually, at this point I'd just settle for tickets to A show :up:

BTBS
SBS
Pride
IWF
MW

All of these should go, or they should be in very light rotation - no more than 1 per night. But I seriously can't stand Bullet, so if there is only one song they can, please God let it be this one.

AIWIY because Bono can't sing it anymore.
Elevation/Vertigo - choose one per night, we don't need to hear both
Velvet Dress and any other song that seems to be performed for the sole purpose of bringing some girl up on stage.

I would love to hear UF, RTSS, Please, A Sort of Homecoming, Heartland.

Not holding my breath for any of them.

They should not add that horrible song they did with Green Day.

The end.

I'm hoping that UF will be to this tour what Boy was to last tour. :drool:
:up:
though I think that as a general rule both A sort of homecoming and Unforgettable Wire weren't a patch on the recorded versions
Pride was better on the album also
Wire though :drool:

Would love to hear Newyork, Love is Blindness, UV light my way and Gone. If they play RTSS, Id prefer the Zoo Guitar version rather than the Piano version.

Drop SBS and BTBS. Never liked them never will.

Most of all, drop the long political speeches. Thought Vertigo was the worst tour for this. "Anyone have a cell phone??", African intro to Streets. No, no, no, no, no. Fuck the politics, just amaze me with your music!

They cant drop Bullet! Thats the perfect song....for a beer break!

Ive never seen a U2 show without BTBS...enough.

drop:

elevation-even though its a awesome live song it should give place for recent songs
one- enough played
WOWY- a classic but same as 'one'. them both should be played at least once in a while.

i think Vertigo, city of blinding lights, until the end of the world, and the fly should be kept on a regular basis.

add:

windows in the sky-towards the end
the unforgettable fire
desire
walk on! and not as a finisher song either

Back
Top Bottom