What New Song Sounded the Best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RademR

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Know it's early, but what song hear/look the best to you off the new record? I've only seen a couple on youtube.

CRAZY is a little different with that remix....its kind of wierd but maybe i'll get into it. the heads bobbing on the screen in the beginning was funny.

I was there so a good judge here here is a list of all the new tracks with comments

Breathe - Great song but not 100% as the opener
NLOTH - Very good and well received by fans
GOYB - Surprisingly brilliant! the first time the show had lift off!
Magnificent - Crowd seemed to know every word and worked very well!
Unkown Caller - Great idea to put the words on the screen for the chourus so the whole stadium can sing along to it one of the standouts for sure.
Crazy Tonight - Funky, Different, messed up you name but i bloody loved it such a great idea to just change things slightly turned the Nou Camp into a disco for 5 mins!
MOS - I love the song but it defintly needs more work sounded a bit awkward at times and not keen on it being the last song at the current time.

Nailed it sounds great.
Breathe
NLOTH - wish the would extend the intro, more like album but still sounded great.
GOYB
Magnificent
Really good, almost there
Unknown Caller- Bono needs to shut up over the organ part. This sounded really good, just get a little tighter and i think it will be the highlight for the new album live.

Not Sure Yet
MOS Misses as closer, and it takes so long to get going (which is fine on the album but seems to more of a problem live). I think it needs work, and needs to be moved to late in the regular set. Don't think it will ever work as a closer. I love this song, its just not there yet.

Worst Live Song of U2's career
Crazy Tonight. Probably the first song of U2's career that I find absolutely unlistenable. I really, really hate everything about this (except Adam's bassline)

great stuff thanks!!!!

just saw NLOTH.....NAILED it!!!! what an amazing song live.

and boots was really great live, their tv performances were rather weak. that intro is indeed :drool:

great stuff thanks!!!!

just saw NLOTH.....NAILED it!!!! what an amazing song live.

and boots was really great live, their tv performances were rather weak. that intro is indeed :drool:

you know, i was disappointed at first, but now i do think they nailed it. the first recording didn't have the guitar loud enough in the mix, but seeing that proshot version....:drool:

UC and Breathe will get there and Magnificent will only get better, but NLOTH and GOYB really brought down the house, and were great renditions.

Hopefully MOS can become the hypnotic and powerful ending it has to potential to be, just needs some more practice.

Back
Top Bottom