What is Bono singing in SBS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

last unicorn

Blue Crack Addict
This is NOT a complaint, just a question:

I realised Bono is basically singing a new verse at the end of Bloody Sunday. Now I know he sometimes loves to make things up as they go along and sing stuff differently, but it seems that the new verse has been part of the shows since the tour began.

Has anyone figured out what he's singing? Or is it just random Bongolese?

It's the last verse of the song. He's singing something totally different there. Don't know if you could call it chanting. Sounds like very different lyrics to me. I like it, just wondering if someone has been able to make out what he's saying.

"something something something feed the poor something something recycle your trash something something always wear a safety belt something something"

:wink:

ROFLMAO :lol: You missed the bit about don't let me drive any car out :lol:

:lmao:

Oh you clever interlanders with your cutting wit. :up:

ROFLMAO :lol: You missed the bit about don't let me drive any car out :lol:

Sometimes my wit is a quick flash compilation of stuff from recent memory...this one was, in order

Jonathon Ross show skit + old Simpsons Popmart era episode + recently listening to Always in the car with my son who almost lost his Gatorade all over the dash when the song came to the last verses.. :lmao:

There's also a thing he has been doing with UV, it seems to be kind of scat style singing but I don't know what he is saying.

Before the "I know it's not cheap" part? I was wondering about that too. Sounds kinda interesting, especially the Barca 1 version. :hmm:

I've been wondering what he does on that show as well. :hmm:

I listened to a few others where he sings it the right way, but when he sang it like that the first night in Barcelona, I thought it was pretty cool. :up:

Back
Top Bottom