What HTDAAB Songs will they play this tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mauwer

War Child
Friends ,

What HTDAAB Songs will they play this tour?
Personally I`d say none:wink: ( except maybe Fast Cars )
But I guess Vertigo and COBL are the ones they will do.

As long as they don`t do SYCMIOYO again , that was the most boring song of the new songs on the Vertigo tour.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

I would say Vertigo is guaranteed. I don't doubt they'll do a second HTDAAB song - I think the smart thing to do would be to have a couple in rotation. COBL and LAPOE would be the two that I think would work best in the huge stadium shows that they're planning.

It wouldn't bother me if they didn't play any material from this album. Though I do like COBL.

Agreed that Vertigo is a cert, especially as it has featured well in the promo gigs.

Based on what we have seen on previous tours, I'd imagine there will be probably at least one other Atomic Bomb song - my bet would probably again be COBL.

i'm pretty much betting on:

Vertigo
COBL

and maybe an acoustic SYCMIOYO or OOTS.

i'm pretty much betting on:

Vertigo
COBL

and maybe an acoustic SYCMIOYO or OOTS.

i really hope cobl gets a rest. i liked it last tour, great opener- but there are so many better songs in a similar feel that i would much rather hear. if its not opening (and we know it won't be) don't bother with it.

They can put them all in a can marked never open again as far as i'm concerned.

I thought the whole Vertigo tour was quite lame so the less they play of it the better.

Vertigo will be played without a doubt!
COBL next most probable

Personally If they do any I would like to see them rework Love & Peace as this had the pottential to be a real stormer.

But If I was a betting man I would say the first two I mentioned

The only song I give a damn about is COBL, unless they want to play OSC or something.

You can bet your firstborn on Vertigo, unfortunately. COBL will get a run, but I don't think it will be in every show. I bet it gets a slight reworking as well, not the slow burner start.

I reckon COBL will be played at times, Vertigo too. As for the others, don't think so.

I would say Vertigo is guaranteed. I don't doubt they'll do a second HTDAAB song - I think the smart thing to do would be to have a couple in rotation. COBL and LAPOE would be the two that I think would work best in the huge stadium shows that they're planning.

That about sums it up.

I'm not a fan of Vertigo, but the song was great live
so, yeah, it will be there
COBL is a good option, but I agree there are several songs with a similar feel

for some reason I think they might have another go at Crumbs

Vertigo, Love And Peace and COBL purely because it was such a massive part of the Vertigo tour. I think they'll alternate SYCMIOYO with Stuck In A Moment throughout the tour but I'd LOVE to hear Yahweh live again

Think Vertigo & COBL are certs. Would love to hear OOTS get aired again, very underplayed in Europe on the last tour that one.

Vertigo and COBL are the most likely. Outside of those I don't think we'll see any other regulars. I suppose we might see Yahweh, Sometimes and OOTS appear a few times. I suspect this is will be more focused on the older albums. I only say that with all the remasters. :hmm:

Vertigo and COBL are the most likely. Outside of those I don't think we'll see any other regulars. I suppose we might see Yahweh, Sometimes and OOTS appear a few times. I suspect this is will be more focused on the older albums. I only say that with all the remasters. :hmm:

let's just hope that U2's way of promoting the AB and UF remasters is by playing many songs off both albums. :wink:

as its my first u2 gig in wembley i personally would hope to hear vertigo, miracle drug and love and peace, although to be honest if they played the first five tracks from HTDAAB id be happy but that is unlikely to happen, ha!

Agreed -- so Axver, have you created your official set list guess yet?

As I recall, you won the goofy thing I did about 5 years ago.

They will play:
Vertigo
COBL
Maybe:
LAPOE
OOTS
SYCMIOYO

I HOPE:
Crumbs
OSC
COBL
OOTS

Agreed -- so Axver, have you created your official set list guess yet?

As I recall, you won the goofy thing I did about 5 years ago.

Ha, I remember that! Think I won by only a point or so. Can't recall what my setlist guess was, though ...! Haven't come up with anything yet for this tour. It feels a little harder to predict.

I do really hope for one of the best tunes of the last album, often discussed here, not so often loved, even less often performed by U2: "Crumbs From Your Table" :reject:

I do really hope for one of the best tunes of the last album, often discussed here, not so often loved, even less often performed by U2: "Crumbs From Your Table" :reject:

I'd very much like to hear this live too. Shame the chance of it being played is about 0%.

If they have an acoustic or stripped-down sort of spot this tour, I'd also love them to give A Man And A Woman its live debut.

Back
Top Bottom