What are the Top 3 songs that you wish more than anything to see at your 360 show(s)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1.)Bad- Obvious reasons. I've never seen it live, would absolutely kill to.

2.)Out of Control-I've never seen an early day rocker live, and I know I'll see IWF some day anyway, so this would be incredible for me! Plus, anyone who I know who has seen it live says it's awesome!

3.)Two Hearts Beat As One-U2 were at their high energy peak when playing this song live on the War and TUF tours. Great bass line, one of Larry's most underrated tracks as well, topped off with a passionate Bono vocal, excellent lyrics and some lightning fast and catchy guitar playing from Edge. This would fit very well in the Magnificent/Mysterious Ways part of the set, and I think they could drop IALW or MS to make room for it!!

3 Honorable Mentions:

-Love is Blindness-See the Zoo TV Sydney DVD for all the explanation anyone would ever need!

-Last Night On Earth-See the Popmart Mexico DVD for all the explanation anyone would ever need! What a scorcher of a live track, with the entire band on fire for 2 full minutes to end the song. Let's just say it'd make a better segue into Until...The World than Unknown Caller ever did!!

-Running To StandStill-Others said it well in this thread already! A great song that they could work in easily! Reasonably well known and very well liked by all I know who are familiar with it.

There'd better not be a fifth show in a row without UV or there'll be a very angry fan next Wednesday...:yell::madwife:

Yeah, can I be the 100th person to ask the obvious question:

Where the hell has UV gone??

It was a highlight of the tour.........

1.)Bad- Obvious reasons. I've never seen it live, would absolutely kill to.

2.)Out of Control-I've never seen an early day rocker live, and I know I'll see IWF some day anyway, so this would be incredible for me! Plus, anyone who I know who has seen it live says it's awesome!

Huh, I'd always thought you'd gone to the 26 May 2005, Boston show that I was at.

Yeah, can I be the 100th person to ask the obvious question:

Where the hell has UV gone??

To the grave it never should've risen from in the first place. :up:

(Ten bucks says it's done at 1-2 of the La Plata shows though.)

-Last Night On Earth-See the Popmart Mexico DVD for all the explanation anyone would ever need! What a scorcher of a live track, with the entire band on fire for 2 full minutes to end the song.

Exactly! That performance is the best by a mile...and proof that Bono needs to play guitar more and really 'BEEF UP' the sound. When you can hear two guitars busting out those chords at the end of that song, one in each ear, its amazing!!
A few really great songs fall short live simply because Edge is playing lead guitar over bass and drums without any rhythm guitar backup. New York's a good example...when its just Edge playing single notes at the start of the chorus it just sounds empty.

i really do hope they bring Last Night On Earth back some time though :reject:

Axver;716257[QUOTE said:
3]Huh, I'd always thought you'd gone to the 26 May 2005, Boston show that I was at.

Haha......if only

5/28 and 10/4 2005 were my vertigo shows.

5/28 was the best one I've seen them do but I heard 5/26 was incredible.

I had to be at a scholarship night 5/26 at a school I didn't even attend!

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]To the grave it never should've risen from in the first place. :up:

I know you're not a fan of UV ax, agree to disagree!

(Ten bucks says it's done at 1-2 of the La Plata shows though.)[/QUOTE]

To the grave it never should've risen from in the first place. :up:

(Ten bucks says it's done at 1-2 of the La Plata shows though.)

Now why did I have a feeling you'd respond to that. :wink:

To be fair, 2009 was UV's year. 2010 was shared. Now it's Batman year. :fuckyeah:

As I've stated many times, though I prefer UV to HMTMKMKM by a very close margin, HMTMKMKM and UV back to back will be one hell of an encore (Horsens II). Or, they can continue the "leapfrogging" (which I thought that was gonna happen in February). Either way, I don't mind one or the other at the Miami show but I really hope for UV. :wink:

As I've stated many times, though I prefer UV to HMTMKMKM by a very close margin, HMTMKMKM and UV back to back will be one hell of an encore (Horsens II). Or, they can continue the "leapfrogging" (which I thought that was gonna happen in February). Either way, I don't mind one or the other at the Miami show but I really hope for UV. :wink:

UV in Miami!!!!!

as far as the top 3 (three) songs that I'd wish to hear at my 360 show, a realistic list at that, please see below:

1) Bad
2) Gone
3) The Fly

Exit
The Fly
Gone (or practically anything from Pop)

The only reason 'Bad' is not included, is because I already saw it live once :heart:

Uh Ax has hated UV for about as long as it existed. :wink: No news there.

:shh: Don't tell anyone, but I saw him enjoy it live in Amsterdam in '09.

Haha......if only

5/28 and 10/4 2005 were my vertigo shows.

5/28 was the best one I've seen them do but I heard 5/26 was incredible.

I had to be at a scholarship night 5/26 at a school I didn't even attend!

Ahh, it was 28/05 I was thinking of. Well, personally, I've never been able to decide if the 26th or 28th was the better show. If 28/05 had closed with ANYTHING other than Vertigo x2, I'd probably say it was the better show.

Uh Ax has hated UV for about as long as it existed. :wink: No news there.

:shh: Don't tell anyone, but I saw him enjoy it live in Amsterdam in '09.

I'd say "tolerate" is the better word than "enjoy". I was trying to accept/make the most of it ... that failed by Dublin, if you remember! I wish somebody had recorded my face when they busted it out for my last 360 show in Melbourne. I knew it was coming, but I was hoping they'd surprise us with something special (especially after wasting our time with the unneeded resurrection of Stuck earlier in the set).

Ahh, it was 28/05 I was thinking of. Well, personally, I've never been able to decide if the 26th or 28th was the better show. If 28/05 had closed with ANYTHING other than Vertigo x2, I'd probably say it was the better show.

Well I obviously only saw 5/28 in person, but I have the boot of 5/26 and listen to it often.

Set lists equally great(Out of Control, Gloria, Bad on 26; AB encore with Wild Horses full band, Electric Co/An Cat/Into on 28) and there would definitely be little debate if Vertigo hadn't been repeated on 5/28!

I would say what made 28 a hair better was it seemed to be an absolutely electric atmosphere and the band was flat out on fire all night! The NYD-One part of that set was spectacular, with some of the best Vertigo tour versions of Pride, SBS and RTSS! Then that AB encore w/ Until...World blending right into Who's Gonna Ride like on the album and on Zoo TV! Party Girl in the 2nd encore....

I could go on and on, that show was otherworldly! They kicked major ass that night.

Gloria, Running To Stand Still, One Tree Hill, Exit, Love Is Blindness, Zooropa, Lemon, Slug, Mofo, Please, Kite (Vertigo Tour version).

Bad (saw it in Amsterdam 2009)
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (saw it in Amsterdam 2005, but the 1992 version is better).

A lot more than 3 songs, but it's so hard to choose....

Realistically? The Unforgettable Fire, New Year's Day* and Fez-Being Born.

*Not much of a U2 show without it. Second only to Streets in the 'live essentials' stakes, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom