What about Cedars? Do they have the Sheer, Unmitigated, Chutzpah?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a rock concert not a funeral :wink:

:lol:

Yeah, I think it's a really cool song and love that it's on the album, but I wouldn't want to hear it in a live setting.

The sing/speak manner of the song, lack of melody or even a real chorus doesn't lend itself to a live setting very well.

I like Cedars but it would suck live.

There's not really much comparison, except both are slow closers. LIB had that guitar and some singing. Cedars live would just be Bono talking over backing track.

No it would not.

If they paid strict attention to the vocals and the musicianship..and played it at the right time in the set...

It could work. Lighting would be critical as well.

They would have to get everything right to pull it off. I was half kidding at first but I do think it is possible...

It's my favorite song on the album, but even I must admit it wouldn't work/would never happen live.

They could play it easy. It might even be a good time of one of Bono's famous, "here's a bunch of facts and figures on a political issue projected on-screen."

but better yet, completely darken the stadium, have bono do the flashlight trick on the band members.

if they can continue to flog with or without you, they can play this song.

They could play it easy. It might even be a good time of one of Bono's famous, "here's a bunch of facts and figures on a political issue projected on-screen."

but better yet, completely darken the stadium, have bono do the flashlight trick on the band members.

if they can continue to flog with or without you, they can play this song.

Good call. I would rather see this in place of WOWY in fact.

they are playing under a giant mood machine, something that by the very size of it, allows them to do things and create moods they've never tried before. that should be capitalized upon. And if it sucks, fine, there's always BAD or LIB or WOWY or whatever you guys want, but shouldn't they try? with the insane amount of possibilities at their current disposal, what's wrong with trying.

third best song on the album for me behind NLOTH and UC. I had it in mind as a LIBesque closer, extend the guitar solo and voila...

I know i'll get shot down for this, but i think this tour is lacking a concept and mood, I thought that they would extend the (scrapped?) concept of the album and Bono would use his imagination with characters a little bit (he did allude to this). In this respect Cedars could work, the end of a story, if you like... :reject:

It's a rock concert not a funeral :wink:

ROFL !

Scary that I thought almost the exact same thing but then it hit me that I use to think MOS would not be good live & WALA I :heart: MOS Live !

Although I have to admit I still wish Winter was last & they dropped COL

:reject:

Cedars would be great live in a far smaller venue. It's just too 'small' a song for a stadium. White as Snow would be great though. Edge could actually make something special of that one solo.

Back
Top Bottom