unkown caller gone???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

badu2fan

The Fly
Was up with the best live song they were doing off NLOTH... Unkown caller has to be the best sing along song.... If you drop it then replace with Fez being born... :wink:

i kinda agree. the absence not over one show, but over four is telling. i don't like this, it's one of the best songs on no line, and it's even better live. for them to drop it, yet keep playing fucking shit like elevation and stuck in a moment disgusts me.

bring that shit back u2, it's one of your best songs in 12 years.

i kinda agree. the absence not over one show, but over four is telling. i don't like this, it's one of the best songs on no line, and it's even better live. for them to drop it, yet keep playing fucking shit like elevation and stuck in a moment disgusts me.

I am surprised they would continue to play Stuck and Elevation as they are songs that should be replaced. Wonder if Bad will show up again as well. College kids would love BAD Unkown Caller and anything but Elevation. Desire would work too....
:shifty:

I always thought UC live was far better than the album version, so I'm sad to see it be gone. Hope it comes back because it's a lot better than other songs on their setlist which are getting pretty dull like BD, Stuck, Elevation and WOWY.

with my post in mind, no point panicking yet. let's worry about this after another 3-4 shows.

with that said, i really don't know why they're wasting a setlist spot on elevation. a song that means nothing is still being played nine years later - pull the other one, boys.

this.

Agree 100%.

Maybe they figured out who the caller is. :shifty:

2 shows in a row is no cause for panic. Im sure it isnt gone for good, maybe they needed to tweak some things, maybe Terry broke a finger, and couldnt play, who knows!!!

I would wait for it to be absent from the next one or two shows before being too concerned, but then, if that happens, EVERYONE START PANICKING!!!!

I am surprised they would continue to play Stuck and Elevation as they are songs that should be replaced.

why are people surprised by this? Elevation is a crowd pleaser and Stuck is an easy acoustic number to rotate with Stay every other night...

As for UC - there is no reason to panic yet, wasn't it rotated out for a couple of European shows as well or did I imagine that?

If it is on it's way out though, count me among the disappointed, UC is one of the most interesting things they have done this decade and it's even better live if you ask me... what a waste :down:

I really hope U2 doesn't drop UC. Such a great moment live especially that frigging solo. I played a recording in my car loud for my wife and she said she got chills listening to it. Again this a casual fan. Come on U2 bring it back :sad:

It was rotated out a few times for UTEOTW. However, I'd like to take a moment to say, UC - UTEOTW - UF would be a sweet ass combo... and yes, as cool as Elevation is for a crowd pleaser like WOWY (and we all know about that one), UTEOTW truly maximizes the Claw. And UC is just plain damned sweet.

It missed a few EU shows too, but it came back eventually. I'm not worried yet.

:up: It's a great song live, Edge's solo is fantastic and Larry singing is great!

It was rotated out a few times for UTEOTW. However, I'd like to take a moment to say, UC - UTEOTW - UF would be a sweet ass combo... and yes, as cool as Elevation is for a crowd pleaser like WOWY (and we all know about that one), UTEOTW truly maximizes the Claw. And UC is just plain damned sweet.

I have to disagree that UTEOTW maximizes the Claw. The chase/antics between Bono and Edge are quite subdued compared to the last few tours imo.

We got both in Toronto, I think show 1. Apart from the solo in UTEOTW, there's nothing there for me. UC all the way. Then again, that solo in UC is right up there too. :up:

Personally I take UC or leave it. Its ok, and its off the new album so I agree new material is what they should be performing not dropping. If they are going to drop it, then add Stand Up Comedy (I know some here hate it, but I think live it would rock) or Being Born in its place. :shrug:

At least No Line On The Horizon was back, phew! :) That would really have been ridiculous to drop. It should be opening the show!

I also think UC will be back, maybe even the next show. If they were playing multiple nights in any more cities it would definately be back.

Or, "Did the Unknown Caller hang up?" :sexywink:

Anyway, I'm not a huge fan of UC. It has its moments, but it's not a fantastic song. That being said, I would take it over Stuck.

That's good, but maybe

"Did the Unkown Caller hang up?" would catch their attention more. :wink:

Last edited:
Edge's solo is the highlight of show IMO I want more 3 minute edge solos like we got in Bullet.... Glad bullet is gone but UC good replacement.... Also the lyrics are hip for college towns....

Back
Top Bottom