unkown caller gone???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow that was awesome. But I do still really miss Unknown Caller and I hope they play it at my show!

I'm going to print out this thread and try to give it to Bono or Edge tomorrow in Tampa. :wink:

Ramblin, can you do a sign? Really simple:

We miss "Unknown Caller"
Where is "Being Born"

I bet Bono would be happy to see a sign about the new stuff.

Do it for Texas :wink:

how about:

"2001 called and wants its tour back"

omg!!11rotf im a smart fan cuz im negative!!!111

They actually went down fine. Zoo TV was ground breaking production even on the arena leg at the time. Combine that with the fact that it was almost impossible to get tickets if you weren't a member of Propaganda or just got lucky with Ticketmaster. Another words, it was pretty much diehards in the audience for the first and second legs. People were lucky to just get in the building during those legs. U2 were THE band and Achtung Baby was/is a great album and was selling very well at the time. So the setlist wasnt secondary, but it didn't really matter that they started with all Achtung material as a result of the U2 climate at the time. Not to mention, with the new style production (for U2 at the time), the new material fit it better.

oh yeah I remember my brother using our redial thing on the phone trying to get to Ticketbastard for Earls Court tickets- unfortunately we didn't get tickets.

But anyway there is the key difference- playing new material to die hards- who already have & know the new material- this a stadium tour playing to those who may not have the new album who want to hear the hits- which certainly seems to be more an issues in the US than elsewhere- and in a time when the U2 climate is not as favourable

I'm going to see Green Day next month- I'm not a big fan so I want to hear the last couple of albums plus the hits- not remotely interested in obscure album tracks from whenever

but you'll have to put alot on that sign.

interference wants:
no more atyclb
mofo
acrobat
fez-bb
no breathe as an opener
no mos as closer
bad every night
es back

any more?

"Shine Like Fucking Stars, Bono"

I am surprised that they have left Unknown Caller out of the setlist for the past several shows. I went to both Giants Stadium shows and they didn't play it the first night. I'm very glad they played it during the second show. I think it's a song that translates very well live, even more so than on the album. I hope they bring it back. I would like to see FEZ-Being Born added on the 2010 show. It would make a great opening song.

Other songs that would be great to hear on this tour:
Mofo
If God Will Send His Angels
Numb
Stand Up Comedy
Even Better Than the Real Thing
One Tree Hill
I Fall Down
God Part II
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
Surrender
Window in the Skies

I am surprised that they have left Unknown Caller out of the setlist for the past several shows. I went to both Giants Stadium shows and they didn't play it the first night. I'm very glad they played it during the second show. I think it's a song that translates very well live, even more so than on the album. I hope they bring it back. I would like to see FEZ-Being Born added on the 2010 show. It would make a great opening song.

Other songs that would be great to hear on this tour:
Mofo
If God Will Send His Angels
Numb
Stand Up Comedy
Even Better Than the Real Thing
One Tree Hill
I Fall Down
God Part II
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
Surrender
Window in the Skies

Wow, that's quite a wish list. I feel really lucky to have heard One Tree Hill in Japan in 2006. I got the track from U2Start and have it on my ipod. That live version is probably one of my favorite U2 tracks of all time, and hearing it live was one of my favorite U2 moments.

It hurts to hear this... :sad:
After the two Gillette shows, I spent a good part of 9/22 riding around Boston/Cambridge on the T, and this song was on a continuous loop on my ipod. I could not shake off the mood and mystique of the song, and it proved to be the perfect background music for exploring an incredible city. It became the song I associate with that trip and this tour.

I recognize that the song seemed to sink or swim based on audience familiarity and interaction, and at times the song seemed a bit awkward, as if Bono was laboring to make the song "happen." I thought it put the band in a vulnerable, dependent position - not necessarily a problem, IMO.

I guess that is an undesirable trait for a song in a massive arena-rock show. But I loved the communal aspect of the performance, and it was a highlight of the show for me each night. I hoped it would become the introspective-> transcendent song that Miracle Drug was on the last tour.

Don't give up on it guys...

"i always knew you could pull off a stadium tour for all that you can't leave behind. kudos to you guys, it's a good effort. not really my cup of tea, but good for you. can you please bring back unknown caller and your blue room? also, a few of would like to see drowning man and electrical storm. we'd also appreciate mofo. also, could you jack the stage up a bit, some people at the back can't see"

it would be like one of those eye charts at the optometrist.

Sad to see it go. Hopefully not forever.

However, has there been a general consensus that UC has been a little flat on tour so far?

Perhaps people's expectations were too great. It does sound very epic and grand on the album though.

It'll be back, i'm positive on that.

Some people are acting as if they're burying it in the ground forever.

Don't know if it's just me or what, but I still don't see what's so great about this song.

The album version is trite, and the live versions I've heard make me want to fall asleep.

I'm hoping UC gets resurrected when U2 get back into their better territory on this leg... Las Vegas and Los Angeles, specifically.

Back
Top Bottom