U2 setlist change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
because they're onto a winner with this one. :up: don't jinx it i want to hear zooropa! :wink:

I don't see ISHFWILF Being used regularly on this US leg,I reckon AIWIY is going to be the regular slot as they haven't played AIWIY in the US continually for a long time since elevation. Still haven't found was always played on the second leg in 09 so I can see this as a logical change,and for the better! I think we will see pride a bit more too!

I think they have definately improved the setlist from where it was in 2010. Other than the new songs which began to vanish quickly, the 2010 setlists were less than spectacular for me.

They have a good opening song now, Zooropa, HMTMKMKM, and All I Want Is You. All massive improvements IMO. They could still ditch Miss Sarajevo and it would help and I'm probably in the minority but Magnificent live is anything but. The best part of it live was the intro and now thats even gone. Otherwise the setlist looks pretty good to me. Sure it would be cool to see them mix it up more, but as we all have discussed ad nauseum, its not going to happen with U2.

I still say swap out Miss Sarajevo for either Running To Stand Still or Kite.

And swap Walk On with Breathe.

But at this point, they seem pretty set in their ways in regards to the setlist. Overall, I'm fine with it. It's a great setlist. The two or three songs I can bitch about are heavily outnumbered by much better songs. As long as I'm at the show, I don't care.

If they put NLOTH over Magnificent, and put Discotheque in instead of its snippet, that would pretty much rule for me.

I would even just take NLOTH over Magnificent. That would be magnificent! :wink:

I'm sure a lot of us diehards would like to take out some of the warhorses. But they really need to be there for a stadium crowd. At least they are throwing us a bone (for the moment) with Zooropa. I hope that is a staple for this leg.

:lol: nice pun! I would like them to rotate NLOTH with Breathe, but I think a lot of people here wouldn't appreciate that. :wink:

I don't mind any of the warhorses, they're just part of the setlist and will always be, so I don't see the point in wanting them out. The only two songs I had a major hatefest with are gone, and with them the ATYCLB overload, so I'm pretty damn happy with the setlists now. ANd then Zooropa and EBTTRT happened. :combust: :fuckyeah:

I would even just take NLOTH over Magnificent. That would be magnificent! :wink:

I'm sure a lot of us diehards would like to take out some of the warhorses. But they really need to be there for a stadium crowd. At least they are throwing us a bone (for the moment) with Zooropa. I hope that is a staple for this leg.

I think they're happy with Zooropa. The crowd reaction isn't a big "HOLY SHIT IT'S FUCKING ZOOOOOOOOOROPA" moment, but that's probably cause everyone is just standing there in awe with their mouths agape, staring at the Claw and taking in the music.

I don't know...the current setlist is pretty close to perfection, IMHO. Good mix of warhorses and more obscure songs for the diehards. Personally, I'd put NLOTH back in the second slot, add the full version of Discotheque, and, as TheEdge25 said, swap out Walk On for Breathe...but those are nitpicks, really.

1 - Even Better Than The Real Thing
2 - I Will Follow/Out of Control/New Year's Day
3 - Get On Your Boots/No Line On The Horizon
4 - Magnificent
5 - Mysterious Ways
6 - Elevation
7 - Until The End of the World
8 - Still Haven't Found/All I Want Is You
9 - Beautiful Day
10 - Pride (In The Name of Love)
11 - Running To Stand Still/Kite
12 - Zooropa
13 - City of Blinding Lights
14 - Vertigo
15 - Crazy Tonight (remix) >
16 - Discotheque
17 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
18 - Scarlet
19 - Breathe
------------------------
20 - One
21 - She's A Mystery To Me (snippet)/Where The Streets Have No Name
------------------------
22 - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me/Gone
23 - With Or Without You
24 - Moment of Surrender

That would be my dream setlist to see on this tour. Maybe throw Bad in there. Like All I Want Is You>Bad in the middle of the set. That would be perfect.

The band needs to give "Get on your Boots" the boot and kick "Miss Saravejo" to the curb and bring back "ISHFWILF" and "Bad".

The Discotheque snippet in Crazy Tonight is actually really growing on me. It's more like a mash-up of the two songs, really. Especially if Edge consistently played the Disco riff while Bono sings over it.

I've accepted the fact that that's probably the closest thing we'll get to POP on this tour, and I'm fine with that. It's better than nothing, and it sounds damn cool to top it off.

Can't wait to (hopefully) see that tomorrow night in SLC. :drool:

I really like the Denver setlist. Perfect? Hell no. Acceptable? Completely. Not worth my time to complain about.

MS is still the worst song of the bunch but the rest of the show is awesome, and I'm excited to see it.

:hyper:

MS is still the worst song of the bunch but the rest of the show is awesome, and I'm excited to see it.

:hyper:

God I know, they should have dropped it by the time they reached North America.

Didn't most cities already get it on the Vertigo Tour at one point or another? I think that is enough for that song.

And it'll probably be back tomorrow or the next gig anyway. :sigh:

I wouldn't mind ISHWILF and then a rotational spot of AIWIY/Bad right after. :drool:

Please should take the spot of Miss Sarajevo, but since they might end up keeping Pop material in snippet form during Crazy Tonight, then they'll end up sticking with MS I assume. I love Miss Sarajevo, so I don't mind it's presence in the set.

The Denver setlist is up there with Mexico City II & Sao Paulo II, in my opinion. :up:

I really like the Denver setlist. Perfect? Hell no. Acceptable? Completely. Not worth my time to complain about.

Possibly the best this tour. Definitely right up there anyway.

I wouldn't mind ISHWILF and then a rotational spot of AIWIY/Bad right after. :drool:

I wouldn't mind both AIWIY and Bad, with ISHFWILF taking a good long rest.

Possibly the best this tour. Definitely right up there anyway.

I wouldn't mind both AIWIY and Bad, with ISHFWILF taking a good long rest.

Axver's right!:up::up:

But really, exactly what Digitize said, too.

I would change 1 or 2 things, but can't bring myself to complain about what they've been doing!

Back
Top Bottom