U2 play surprise short show in Melbourne, December 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cleazer

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Apparently U2 just showed up at something called the "Hamish & Andy" radio show in Melbourne.

They played 2 songs and did an interview.

December 3, 2010
Sidney Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne Australia

1. Desire
2. Vertigo

202205301.jpg

d542d966b48f027fb419774be541526c_view.jpg

202209829.jpg

Watched it live (thanks to a link on another U2 forum) when they were on a few hours ago. Great fun, Hamish and Andy are awesome. Pretty cool of U2 to join them.

OK I must be the only Aussie who doesn't think Hamish & Andy are all that. Still, they pull the punters which is prob why U2 were there.

Haha I called it too but I was waiting in the GA line at Etihad :lol: If they were on different days I would've gone to both.

My question is what NLOTH song woud even work acoustically?

of the 5 songs they've done on 360 I don't think any would work. MOS could but would be a snore.
Well, they did play that semi-acoustic version of NLOTH, but that was a one-off and inferior to the "true" version. Outside of songs they've already played, WAS would be the obvious choice for an acoustic slot.

Only two songs.. I would be expecting a set of 5, with 3 classics and two from nloth maybe. 2 is better than nothing though :)

When was the last time they made an in-person appearance without doing anything "new"?

Um, several times...

When they played Obama's inauguration, when they played the O2 in Dublin, a lot of their impromptu shows or special occasion shows they don't neccesarily play "new" songs.

it cracks me up that people can take something as unimportant and unsignificant as this and turn it into a serious discussion about playing acoustic songs and setlists...

i bought their new CD yesterday. veddy funny

Back
Top Bottom