U2 intro song/1st song wish-list 2010 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2010, 12:31 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 12:37 PM
U2 intro song/1st song wish-list 2010

Besides the usual hardcore fan wishes for them to open with a jaw dropping esoteric tune like Two Hearts or Acrobat - which would make my life, I was thinking about what may be possible for a "reality wish list."

Obviously IMO a Boots intro and full song would work and to me do better than Breathe but.....

What about Larry coming out and starting the drum solo part (we are thinking "shit! Breathe again?") and then changing the cadence to the drums from Desire. A full band rock your balls off version of Desire would be BA. The crowd would go ape shit. Then go ahead with the NLOTH stuff and whatever. Any other thoughts that would be cool? Obviously not a prediction thread!

Old 05-14-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:37 PM
Being Born as opener.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:04 PM   #3
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

It's not U2's style to open up with an older song, and personally I applaud them on that decision.

I think more than likely we'll get the opening that the upcoming DVD has, but I'd go apeshit if it was Being Born, as soon as I heard the album I was hoping for that...
Old 05-14-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
The Fly

Local Time: 05:37 PM
Fez/Being Born (please!)

Old 05-14-2010, 09:16 PM   #5
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:37 AM
NLOTH would be an absolutely scorching opener.

However (and I've been saying this for a while), I think opening with a new song has become a bit of a U2 concert cliche. Time to shake it up a bit. The attitude they're conveying of confidence in new material is the same whether or not a new song is played first or second; it's still prominent and up front. Hence, I think opening with UTEOTW, then seguing it into NLOTH, would dominate, and it wouldn't compromise their intentions.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-15-2010, 06:19 AM   #6
War Child

Local Time: 06:37 PM
The only "old" opener they should use is COBL, that would be fantastic (if it's dark yet)!

When I heard the NLOTH album and I thought of openers I always thought that Fez-Being born would be perfect. Imagine it being all dark while hearing Fez, and then BAM-->all light go on, bono screaming the intro of being born while the stadium goes mad!.

(Breathe was such a dull opener, Bono came on stage, a bit of clapping hands and then it was a snoozefest more or less even in Amsterdam...NOT what an opener should be..)

My dream opener would of course be that all lights go out, for 30secs you hear nothing, and then the background loop of Bad starts
Old 05-15-2010, 06:56 AM   #7
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrmx View Post
The only "old" opener they should use is COBL
If you want to see the Vertigo Tour again, sure.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-15-2010, 10:09 AM   #8
Galeonbroad

The only old opener I'd ever want to see is Streets. But I'd rather have it open the encore. Same with Mofo. THey're both high energy songs, so it's perhaps not wise to play them as first song. Things go downhill from there.

For the new tour I'd dig Fez/BB as opener, otherwise NLOTH would be cool. The hybrid's okay, though it'd be fucking epic if they changed it to NLOTH2. Not gonna happen, I know. But I can dream right?
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 05-17-2010, 06:35 AM   #9
New Yorker

FEZ for sure.....

if not

MOFO !!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 12:33 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Nloth.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:12 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
I would love to see Kingdom followed by Fez/Being Born. In reality, I think Stand Up Comedy opens the shows.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:05 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

The intro from Kingdom into Fez should be magical

Also: Stand up comedy, IF they decided to play that.

But I guess it will be Boots. I don't see the show opening with NLOTH because somehow I doubt Bono would want to have a guitar for the first song.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:09 PM   #13
Refugee

Local Time: 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by last unicorn View Post
The intro from Kingdom into Fez should be magical

Also: Stand up comedy, IF they decided to play that.

But I guess it will be Boots. I don't see the show opening with NLOTH because somehow I doubt Bono would want to have a guitar for the first song.
Love the idea of the Kingdom intro into Fez...that would be too awesome!!!

Boots or Stand Up Comedy would be alright too. However, wouldn't it awesome if they had a "Pop" set/medley??? Imagine the effects they could do with the Claw!!!
Old 05-18-2010, 09:53 PM   #14
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:37 PM
Magnificent was great in Boston.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:49 AM   #15
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
NLOTH would be an absolutely scorching opener.

However (and I've been saying this for a while), I think opening with a new song has become a bit of a U2 concert cliche. Time to shake it up a bit. The attitude they're conveying of confidence in new material is the same whether or not a new song is played first or second; it's still prominent and up front. Hence, I think opening with UTEOTW, then seguing it into NLOTH, would dominate, and it wouldn't compromise their intentions.
You want to kill my stamina right at the start?