U2.COM asks what you want to hear on tour ! in 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
An unplayed song from No Line

Yikes. That's a bit scary. The only unplayed song from NLOTH that they should even for a nanosecond consider trying out is Fez-Being Born.

White As Snow and Cedars are not stadium concert material in the slightest and DO NOT WANT Stand Up Comedy taking a spot in the setlist that could be occupied by one of the literally two hundred better songs from the back catalogue.

SUC is the one that has the most chances of live premiere. That riff should rock live.

The other three are either too slow (Cedars, WAS) or really studio songs (Fez, which would probably end up like "live" Zooropa with half off the song cut off).

Fez would be awesome, but I shall prepare myself to be hearing Stand Up Comedy. :lol: I can live with it.

But that's cool that they're putting out the call for suggestions.

I'd love to see the results at the end. Is it going to be suggestions from casual fans who are going to request songs we always hear anyway? (i.e., 5,364,346 votes for Streets!)

Or is it going to be all us weirdo die-hards casting their votes, thus ending in our votes being split amongst 45 obscure songs.

Edit: Yeah, it's not worded very well. It says to request songs plural, but then describes unplayed NLOTH or anything else. I'm going to assume it doesn't have to be from NLOTH.

I'm going to put in a shout for Fez-Being Born, and then ponder my second one. I'm sure a lot of people will suggest Acrobat, which they'll probably just laugh at and say "Yeah, right. Next!"

I went with Mofo and A Sort of Homecoming. I also feel my comment was a lot more eloquent (i.e., freaking wordy) than the comments already there. :lol:

There was someone asking for Pride.:down:

*sigh*

*headdesk*

This comment from earlier this year: "I would love to hear White As Snow, the beat ... just amazing!"

Yeah, nothing gets the place jumping and shaking their big fat asses like a little White As Snow.

I reckon there should be a forum-agreement that we all ask for Mofo. That way they couldn't possibly ignore it hehe.

There are also people asking for more than two songs. Those greedy buggers are going to ruin it for the rest of us. :tsk:

Reading comprehension fail!

There are also people asking for more than two songs. Those greedy buggers are going to ruin it for the rest of us. :tsk:

Reading comprehension fail!

Well, I'd assume all the incorrect answers (ie more than 2 songs, anything already played in 2009 and not a couple of NLOTH/oldie combo) won't count anyway...think they'll publish the results in the end ?

Can we sign up just to vote in that or do we need to $ign up usual style ?

I would assume you could register the free way. I know the forum has a "free" section for the nonpaying subscribers, I'd be surprised if you had to shell out to access this poll.

I think you can sign up without paying, but there is the option of $igning up to get more access. I $igned up to get the presale codes!:|

Well, I'd assume all the incorrect answers (ie more than 2 songs, anything already played in 2009 and not a couple of NLOTH/oldie combo) won't count anyway...think they'll publish the results in the end ?

I don't really know. I rather leave it as a surprise if they use one of the user suggestions.

Didn't they pay some attention to the last poll, isn't that where Unforgettable Fire, Ultraviolet and (an attempt at ) Drowning man came from??

I think I completely missed them asking last time. On the new page, it says "click here to see what happened last time," but the comments I saw were from May of 2010.

Back
Top Bottom