U2.COM asks what you want to hear on tour ! in 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2.Com.... asking...

:coocoo:

Apparently they reacted to the poll last time and included Unforgettable Fire in the set.

I'm sure they ARE considering the fans' responses.

From NLOTH I'd say SUC. Because I think it would totally rock live. I'd love to hear Fez as well, but I'm afraid it won't work too well live.

The other song ... hmmm .... to difficult, I cannot make up my mind right now, there would be so so many.

I like how most people are not paying attention to the request - one track from NLOTH which has not been played live yet and one rare track which has not been played in 2009...

I don't really care which remaining NLOTH song they do because I don't think I will enjoy any of them live...

as for a rare track - Dirty Day :drool:

I like how most people are not paying attention to the request - one track from NLOTH which has not been played live yet and one rare track which has not been played in 2009...

I don't really care which remaining NLOTH song they do because I don't think I will enjoy any of them live...

as for a rare track - Dirty Day :drool:

that was the OLD request! the new request is just "pick 2 tracks that weren't played in 2009!"

Yeah, it really wasn't clear about if they specifically wanted one from NLOTH and one other song. It read to me like they were saying "one from NLOTH and one older song" as it was an example as to how you might choose.

Here's the exact text:

A few months back, when the tour was due to open in the US, Edge mentioned that the band were thinking of 'changing things up' in the set list.

So that got you thinking. And you told us about songs you'd like them to put into the new leg of the tour - an unplayed track from 'No Line' or a classic from an earlier album.

But it's summer now, the tour opens in Europe and maybe you've changed your mind.

So how about telling us about two songs you'd love to see in the set in 2010... that weren't in the show in 2009?

Here's what you were saying last time we asked.

And click on a city in these 2009 dates to remind yourself what was in the set list last year.

Two songs only - and why you want to hear them. Over to you.

MOFO and Surrender. Odd combo I know, but I would just love to hear both. Although there are so many coming to mind I wish they would play.

Perfect solution... drop ALL NLOTH songs, and only play 2 songs from ATYCLB. That'd clear up several good spots that truly great songs could fill. NLOTH's time has passed... not a bad record, but most of the songs from that album were honestly not very good live. Either they need to work on promoting a new record, or do something they haven't done since 1989-1990... play whatever they want.

So how about telling us about two songs you'd love to see in the set in 2010... that weren't in the show in 2009?

That's pretty clear if you ask me. It states earlier that their previous poll wanted one new song and one old song. The quote above states to just name two songs though that weren't played in 2009.

I'm pretty sure they realized in Eze that the remaining tracks of NLOTH would blow live after rehearsing them. :lol:

That's pretty clear if you ask me. It states earlier that their previous poll wanted one new song and one old song. The quote above states to just name two songs though that weren't played in 2009.

Yeah, when I went to copy/paste that, it made perfect sense. I don't know why I found it confusing the first time.

Still - LOL forever at people requesting songs that clearly were played in '09.

I sayed Mofo and Acrobat y'all.:nerd:

They better choose Mofo or at least something from Pop. I will be seriously pissed if they don't.

As for Acrobat, I think we have better chances of them playing Old McDonald's Farm than that song but it's well worth a shot! :|

I went with Stand Up Comedy and Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me.

People are wasting their time picking Red Hill Mining Town, not going to happen. Not that U2 will read it but at least be realistic just in case!! :lol:

Some of the choices people wrote are killing me. Pride?? Really?? WTF. I titled mine Pop.. Discotheque & Mofo.

My vote was for the Fly and MOFO!! It isn't showing up there yet though!

Yeah, it said 30 comments when I put my two cents in, and that was hours ago. Still 30 comments.

They're so slow. I mean, GAWD.

Back
Top Bottom