U2 360 Set List - what do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2girl said:
Bono revealed that he carries a two act structure in his mind which guides his performance (which he readily admitted would not be apparent to anyone else). The first half of the show features “more personal songs” (which usually features Breathe, No Line On The Horizon, Get On Your Boots, Magnificent, Beautiful Day, New Year’s Day, I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For, Unknown Caller, Unforgettable Fire, City Of Blinding Lights and Vertigo plus a changing selection of back catalogue classics) in which Bono envisages himself as a young man, struggling to find his feet in life and in search of some kind of personal epiphany. The turning point of the set is a mind-blasting techno remix version of the new song ‘I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight’, with the Claw on full acid house lighting effect turning the stadium into a spinning mirrorball. Given that the audience is not particularly familiar with the song (let alone a dance remix), it is actually intended to create a moment of disorientation and discomfort, ending with Bono on his knees, repeatedly singing the coda “It’s not a hill, it’s a mountain”. If I’ve got this right (it was 3 am when we were having this conversation, and many Marguerites had been consumed) from that point on his protagonist has been taken out of himself, and the second act begins in which he moves from the personal to the political, wrestling with the problems of the wider world in a string of songs that includes Sunday Bloody Sunday (recast to acknowledge the protesters of Iran), Pride, Walk On and Where The Streets Have No Name. There is then a coda (not a third act) which represents U2 at their most raw and vulnerable, stripped to the metaphorical bone, when we have all been exhausted by the outpouring of collective emotion and ready just to get down to the dirty truth. This is a hugely effective if counter-intuitive downbeat encore trilogy from the underbelly of love, featuring ‘Ultraviolet’, ‘With Or Without You’ and ‘Moment Of Surrender’. from Neil Mccormick U2: secrets of stadium rock - Telegraph Blogs
that was a very interesting read :up:
also coincides quite nicely with the album

^^ Certainly a very interesting read, and perfect sense in light of NLOTH itself. I have always thought there is more going on in Bono's head than most give him credit for.

On another note, we have been talking about how to liven up the set as well as the need for a middle encore before UV-WOWY-MOS. The 3 song playlist I just listened to blew me away, I think it was the first time I have put these songs together. How about a 3 song middle encore of the following:

One ends, lights up, Pop Muzik over PA, lights down, claw lights explode>>

Holy Joe
Even Better than the real thing
Zoo TV Desire(like Yankee Stadium)

Given that the audience is not particularly familiar with the song (let alone a dance remix), it is actually intended to create a moment of disorientation and discomfort, ending with Bono on his knees, repeatedly singing the coda “It’s not a hill, it’s a mountain”.

:doh:

:lol:

The Bullshit people come up with sometimes is unreal.

Seriously, If Bono is taking a dump on stage because he has stomachproblems some people will interprete it as a statement or a creative moment. LMFAO

Here is another one. Bono is swinging with his steeringwheel in order to make it clear that he has lost direction and tries to find his way back to when he had a cool stagecharacter like Mac

:wave:

:lol:

The Bullshit people come up with sometimes is unreal.

Seriously, If Bono is taking a dump on stage because he has stomachproblems some people will interprete it as a statement or a creative moment. LMFAO

Here is another one. Bono is swinging with his steeringwheel in order to make it clear that he has lost direction and tries to find his way back to when he had a cool stagecharacter like Mac

:wave:

Haha I agree.

Back
Top Bottom