The What In The Fuck Did They Do To Crazy Tonight thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm...

I don't mind it. It sounds pretty cool actually. Would I have enjoyed them playing the original instead? Yeah, but this one is still cool.

i wonder where on earth they got this idea. it's so different... should be really fun in concert though, I can't wait to dance!! I dig it.

What the fuck? You asked for it, you got it:sexywink:

Seriously, its ok, but I would really like to see it played in its original form, as Headache said, its the catchiest song on the album, and they managed to turn it into a WTF? moment. But I did enjoy Larry on the bongos. And the intro video/graphics. And I liked the verses actually. Its when it gets to the chorus that it loses it. It will be interesting to see if they keep it in this form throughout the tour.

Thanks for the clip -- I liked it; not the all-time greatest, but very good -- and let Larry have his fun on dem' bongos!

The energy is pretty awesome, and I think it works visually.. could probably use some tweaking. That said, I love the album version and I think it should have been released as a single.

I liked it. :reject:

Ok I have to say I LOVED it. And I was afraid to hear it because I love the album version. But this was insane! (in a good way :wink: ) Very cool of them to do it.
And that you tube clip doesn't do it justice. Maybe it's because I heard it for the first time on the great quality audio and that makes a huge difference, I may not have liked it so much on first listen if I'd only seen that you tube clip.

Bono sounds a bit out of breath.
It's probably much better in person, and it will probably get better as the tour goes on. By the time your show comes around you'll love it. I'd bet on it:shifty:

I think it was like a "fiesta intermission" for the concert. For all these people complaining there were no surprises in the show/setlist... well here we are! I actually thought it was cool and I think as a song the album version is better but this is just plain... cooler. and visually it is the Claw at top form.

I might actually enjoy that more live than the original version.
Me too. It's weird, but it looks like a lot of fun live. I think I like it.

I do wonder why they chose to dance-ify Crazy Tonight of all songs, but it's interesting. They should get points for trying something different, I think.

Honestly, it sounds like Discotheque. I would've rather seen that song get this arrangement and have them CT in its 'proper' form in its inaugural tour.

i think the chorus needs to be refined slightly, change the bass up a bit for the chorus.... otherwise cool!

I liked it. i love when they do this kind of stuff to be honest. I wish I had that as a studio version too. The heads at the beginning are awesome and that riff is pretty catchy. Larry playing the conga was pretty cool and Edge seems to be really into the song. I do agree that the song is less catchy this way. I actually wish they had taken that kind of bold attitude towards some of the older songs though.

Back
Top Bottom